It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Shaking a Bit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

A 3.5 in the North 40 minutes ago and a 3.5 9 hrs ago. Both close to the surface of about 5km.

Anyone in those areas to shed some light?

Magnitude: 3.4
DateTime: Sunday June 24 2012, 08:55:58 UTC
Region: southern Texas
Depth: 4.9 km
Source: USGS Feed

Magnitude: 3.5
DateTime: Sunday June 24 2012, 17:46:44 UTC
Region: Northern Texas
Depth: 5 km
Source: CSEM-EMSC Feed

I know there are a few shakes down there but these stand out to me because 2 in one day seems rare in that region.

Peace

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm from the south Texas area and haven't felt anything.
It's just blazing hot outside other than that ecerything seems to be good

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
I'm from the south Texas area and haven't felt anything.
It's just blazing hot outside other than that ecerything seems to be good

It seems that you would at least feel something being that close to the surface. Maybe it's very localized?

Peace

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I been meditating outside on the ground so I'm pretty sure I would of felt something

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I live south of Dallas ther was a rumbling but I shrugged it of as Traffic.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DblxJ
I live south of Dallas ther was a rumbling but I shrugged it of as Traffic.

It must be very localized then. It isn't a big one but that close to the surface is sure to have some feeling it.

Peace

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Both of these areas are in locations where a large amount of fracking goes on.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
coused by oil winning....

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
right along the balcones fault line...a pretty one that goes from the hill country all the way to dallas

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I didn't feel a thing here in North East Texas.
It is scary though. Could there be a bigger one on the way?
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Reply to Juggernog:
Hiya! I know there have been a lot of problems with fracture pumping in Arkansas, but out in the oil patch everything is popping along nicely,(my bro works well services) and in North Texas they have been capping strikes for the last two decades.
It makes no sense to use fracture pumping, we ship over half of all domestic oil production to BFFLs' like China.
That oil is property of We The People, but our greasy politicos have been getting paid while the wealth of our nation is looted.
Who'd uh thunkit?

Semper Fi Till I Die,
Then no more mister nice guy!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I did not feel this, I am about 65 miles away from the location, perhaps too far? I live near the spaceX facility, chances are I would have thought it was the rocket testing, that shakes the house sometimes.

I have never felt an earthquake in Texas. I was in the big one in California years ago (loma prieta), now that was a whole lotta shaking!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Both of these areas are in locations where a large amount of fracking goes on.

ah..Fracking again. Well that could explain it.

Getting difficult to tell the difference between Nature having a burp and Mankind destroying.

Peace

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Article regarding an Earthquake in the same area near (Below Ft Worth) in 09.
Lots of Natural Gas has been discovered up there.

Link

CLEBURNE, Texas — The earth moved here on June 2. It was the first recorded earthquake in this Texas town's 140-year history — but not the last.

There have been four small earthquakes since, none with a magnitude greater than 2.8. The most recent ones came Tuesday night, just as the City Council was meeting in an emergency session to discuss what to do about the ground moving.

The council's solution was to hire a geology consultant to try to answer the question on everyone's mind: Is natural gas drilling — which began in earnest here in 2001 and has brought great prosperity to Cleburne and other towns across North Texas — causing the quakes? "I think John Q. Public thinks there is a correlation with drilling," Mayor Ted Reynolds said. "We haven't had a quake in recorded history, and all the sudden you drill and there are earthquakes." At issue is a drilling practice called "fracking," in which water is injected into the ground at high pressure to fracture the layers of shale and release natural gas trapped in the rock.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Nothing on the coastal bend. Just hot and humid.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Article regarding an Earthquake in the same area near (Below Ft Worth) in 09.
Lots of Natural Gas has been discovered up there.

Link

CLEBURNE, Texas — The earth moved here on June 2. It was the first recorded earthquake in this Texas town's 140-year history — but not the last.

There have been four small earthquakes since, none with a magnitude greater than 2.8. The most recent ones came Tuesday night, just as the City Council was meeting in an emergency session to discuss what to do about the ground moving.

The council's solution was to hire a geology consultant to try to answer the question on everyone's mind: Is natural gas drilling — which began in earnest here in 2001 and has brought great prosperity to Cleburne and other towns across North Texas — causing the quakes? "I think John Q. Public thinks there is a correlation with drilling," Mayor Ted Reynolds said. "We haven't had a quake in recorded history, and all the sudden you drill and there are earthquakes." At issue is a drilling practice called "fracking," in which water is injected into the ground at high pressure to fracture the layers of shale and release natural gas trapped in the rock.

Seems like Fracking is indeed the culprit.

Thanks for digging up the info.

Peace

top topics

join