It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah is Zeus. The link!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Jehovah was translated to Jovis by the Romans. Jovis is "Jupiter", as in "Jovian satellites". Jupiter was a copy of the Greek God of All Things, Zeus. Jehovah is Jovis, they just dropped the "eh".

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

But Zeus lived atop Mt Olympus and Jehovah on Mt Sinai.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
Jehovah was translated to Jovis by the Romans. Jovis is "Jupiter", as in "Jovian satellites". Jupiter was a copy of the Greek God of All Things, Zeus. Jehovah is Jovis, they just dropped the "eh".

He is also Dagon/Marnus. Elohim.

en.wikipedia.org...

Worship Dagon. He is the coolest.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Geographically close, no? I mean, they are not halfway the world apart...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Nevermind.

edit on 6/24/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
but, but, but.
There is no "J" sound in Hebrew.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Indeed not impossible, as it will be very striking to anyone reading ancient Greek texts how extremely similar Yahweh were to Zeus in his character; Sometimes kind and helping, while other times angry and punishing, creating commandments and rules for the humans to obey, and even at one point, just as Yahweh, wanted to wipe out Humanity from the Earth.

So sure, it is possible that they may have been the one and the same Alien commander.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by swan001

But Zeus lived atop Mt Olympus and Jehovah on Mt Sinai.

Very good point that might speak against the possibility of the two being one and the same.
On the other hand, both Yahweh in the Old Testament aswell as the Olympian gods were both in possession of speedy flying vehicles that they were described to often fly around in, and, not to forget to mention, they, the Olympian gods, travelled alot between mount. Ida in Turkey and Olympus in Greece, so they could just aswell also have travelled to other distant places aswell, such as, for instance, Sinai.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Jung would probably say that Jehovah and Zeus are different manifestations of the same archetype of the collective unconscious.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
zues was an angel
of this god jehova,,
in other words, this angels name is,,,,,,,,,
anyone.
remember at least a basic hierarchy.
now too put this angel above God,
puts that said Zues/Angel at risk.
that God might believe such foolishness.
Angels Know.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by windword

Geographically close, no? I mean, they are not halfway the world apart...

Ah, I know, Mt. Sinai is his winter cottage!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The letter to the church at Pergamos (also referred to as Pergamum) "I know where you live--where Satan has his throne. Yet you remain true to my name. You did not renounce your faith in me, even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was put to death in your city--where Satan lives." Revelation 2:13

Pergamos had the alter of Zeus. Which was moved to Berlin.

Guess what replica Obama gave an address from?

www.fivedoves.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
but, but, but.
There is no "J" sound in Hebrew.

Or in Latin.

These words are false friends. Iovis comes from OL Diovis, which in turn comes from the well-known PIE Dyeus. Dyeus Pater was a sky god worshipped near the Black Sea; his worshippers migrated into Europe, and founded the cults of Jupiter and Zeus. Yahweh comes from the a Hebrew root meaning "to be," and is Canaanitish--or at least Semitic--in origin. Yahweh was the son of El and a less prestigious god until he was assimilated with El and became a national god, and eventually ruler of all gods--and at last, the one God. But this was a slow process, and the Indo-European people were already spreading the cult of Dyeus Pater when Yahweh was number two in his pantheon, and not really known (by name) in the other Semitic pantheons (and almost certainly not to the Indo-Europeans).
edit on 24-6-2012 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
zues was an angel
of this god jehova,,
in other words, this angels name is,,,,,,,,,
anyone.

Here is your answer

I asked an angel this once
"Is it true that the leader of each mythology is the same angle?
Mythology: Egyption...Greek...Nordic...Roman....
Leader : …......Ra........Zeus....Odin…...Jupiter..."

and got this answer
"it is true that the pantheon of all these have the same beings yet who is greatest and who is leader is not always the same. Ra is greatest but Osiris more worshipped. Ouranos is greatest but Zeus more worshipped. Ra is more equivalent to Helios than to Zeus."

In terms of Zeus, his true name is Shemyahaza
Hebrew: shem + ya'ah + aza " equals "the Name of power".

Azazel has been represented by Uzazel, Uzza, Oz, Odin

@OP. Sorry, you are totally wrong in your assumption.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

In Sumer the God Enlil, called Elill sometimes, was the Lord of Storms, and ruler of the bloodlines and kingship. Having grown upset with the noise man made, he commanded that a flood be set upon the peoples of the entire world, drowning every living thing on the planet for it's offences against Him. Only Atrahasis, called Ziusudra or Utnapishtam, was spared from the deluge which followed.

In Babylon Enlil was known as Elill, or occasionally by simply the term El (meaning Father, or Lord). He maintained the same attributes, but was also now the Supreme Lord of the people. In the Canaanite region, where the Jews set up their Temple, Elill was known as El only. El was the faceless, formless, ever-present Supreme God, who had command over the entire earth (through his son Yamm), and over death and the afterlife (through his sibling Mot).

In the Mesopotamian region this deity went by a variety of titles: Iskur, Adad, Hadad, Kumarbi, Teshub, and Telepinu being several of his local titles.

Interesting among these are Kumarbi, Teshub, and Telepinu. Their mythology enacts a double-usurptation. Kumarbi is the original Storm Lord (like El), who is castrated and overthrown by his son Teshub. Teshub then battles with his own oppressor, a dragon who steals his vitality, and the reign is then handed down to Telepinu, who rejuvenates and revitalizes the whole earth. Similarly, in Greece, Ouranos is castrated by his son Kronos, who in turn is bested by Zeus, who maintains command of Greece.

It's not definitive, of course, as it's just my own personal study.

Enlil (Sumer)
Elill (Babylon)
Adad (Akkad)
El (Canaan)
Hadad (Amorite)
Kumarbi (Hati)
Teshub (Hittite)
Telepinu (Hurrian)
El/Yahweh (Hebrew)
Ouranos (Ancient European)
Kronos (Proto-Greek)
Zeus (Greek)
Jove/Jupiter (Roman)

Maybe there's a cultural trend which evolved. I cannot say for certain.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

In the Canaanite region, where the Jews set up their Temple,,because that very same El said unto David,, buy this threashing floor,,
so David paid in silver,, ,,and it became the only piece of earth that El paid for with silver,,until the time of his Son the Christ,,
when pieces of silver paid for the potters grave.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Interesting. Except... wrong.

Egyptian mythology is the oldest of the ones you listed. Their worship went through periods (Old Kingdom, Middle Kingdom, New Kingdom, Ptolemy, etc). Each kingdom reflected a change in values and worship. The Old Kingdom represented the rule of solar deities. Horus the Elder is the oldest, then comes the trinity of Khepra-Re-Atum, followed by the unification of Egypt under Horus of the Two Horus, or Ra-Herakhty (Ra-Horus). Osiris' importance was as the deceased Pharaoh, while Horus represented the living Pharaoh, and the Pharaoh himself was an avatar of Ra. Neither was "more important."

In the Middle Kingdom there were as many as "seventy Pharaohs in seventy days." It was a time of invasion, upheaval, and unrest. There was no certain mythology, or divine ruler.

The New Kingdom put three new rulers on the throne: Amun, the Aten and then Amun-Ra. Amun became the state god, and accrued a massive priest cast, which began to get powerful and wealthy, threatening even the Pharaoh. The Aten was an attempt by Pharaoh Akhenaten to recapture the importance of the Pharaoh's position from the growing power of the Priests of Amun. The Aten was a monotheistic deity, and Egypt did not respond well. Afterward, Tutankhamun, Akhenaten's son, was made Pharaoh, and his High Priest, of Amun, reinstated Amun as the god Amun-Re this time. Amun-Re was a philosophic All-Father figure. This was Egypt's last, most bountiful period.

So, neither Ra nor Osiris, like you said, were the most potent or important. Thoth, Amun, Ra, Horus, and a small selection of others shared equal power, worship, authority, and longevity.

The Greek pantheon had three ruling forces: Ouranos representing primal nature; Kronos representing the Titans; and finally Zeus representing the Olympians. These traditions represented a shift in power from nature worship, to cyclical elements, and ending with personal virtues.

Ouranos was the ancient deity representing the sky, his wife was Gaia, the ancient deity of the Earth. About them were born Erebus, the darkness and waters of space, and Tartarus, the pits of the Underworld. These deities coupled and gave birth to monstrous beings of primal chaos and power. All of this original hierarchy represent disorder, and the Chaos at the beginning of existence. Over time, these forces tempered out though, and the Titans were born. Ouranos, who disliked the Titans, threatened to torture them all, until Gaia asked them to defend themselves. Only Kornos responded. Using a sickle made by Gaia he castrated Ouranos, removing the fertile nature of chaos, and instilling a new reign: that of cycles and evolving powers: the Titans.

The Titans numbered twelve. Kronos was their king, who stood for the passage of time; days, months, years, ages. Oceanus, the Titan of the sea, represented the tidal events which shaped Greek living. Hyperion, the titan of light, represented the passage of darkness/light which advanced time. Coeus represented the axis on which the heavens (stars) rotated, this allowed for the seasons to occur. Iapetus was the titan of mortal life, and the span which all mortal things existed for. Finally, Croeus, the final Titan exists solely to balance out 12 titans and 12 Olympians, allowing for the end of the age of Titans (a measurement of time in-and-of itself). The female Titan forms represented the same cyclical motions as their male counterparts. All 12 Titans standing not for chaos, but for ordered laws.

Finally, the Olympians, lead by Zeus, overthrew the Titans, ending the Golden Age. The Olympians, numbering 12 as well, represent not chaotic elements, or ordered cycles, but human qualities and characteristics. Zeus is pride, the animal nature, authority, and power. Hermes is intelligence, communication, and science. Hephaestus is metallurgy and workmanship. Artemis is hunting, and weapon skills. Ares represents tact, war, and bravery. Aphrodite represents beauty, indulgence, vanity and the like. Athena represents wisdom, mathematics, and high virtue. Poseidon represents sexual potency and other sensual aspects. Hades represents the darker aspects of humans, the shadow or daimon. Apollo represents the artistic side, prophecy, poetry, language, and music.

Each age of mythology represents a changing of mythological importance, not a balance between power and worship, as you've suggested.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well, from what I conclude from research of articles Zeus was a son of Uranus and Gaia. Uranus was told to butt out of this place and banished so the kids could play their games here. Jehovah could be Zeus for all I know, because there is only one main god here. The Italians and other ancient cultures adopted the Christian god easily even though the name was changed, preferring to call him God so they didn't get in arguments about a name. Names were often changed for a person when they went to a different place in the past. I assume that god's name changed also because of translations. The creater of the Universe doesn't come here unless someone really wants him to. It has to be one of his offspring that brings him back.

The only god who seems to retain his same name or a similar name in the translations is Apollo. This is something that interests me. I think Apollo is on the side of righteousness because articles state he would not lie. Apollo is also the god of the Arts and music. To me it seems that Apollo is not Satan or the Devil but a gatekeeper under the control of god. Which god though? Zues or Uranus. Osiris is another God that I still am trying to unravel. I'm not quite sure of his part in all of this or who he translates to. Something just doesn't seem right in the readings on him I have done.

In our present society Apollo would be deemed as evil because he leaves out the locusts of weird creatures that attack the people who are unjust, the liars and deceivers of the world. That's most of those presently in power in the world and those who have stepped on others in their quest for fame, power, and wealth. Shucks, it's about 80+ percent of people in the world. I suppose that he would not be considered good by a majority of people.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Hey ... i named my cat Bruce after Zeus ... HMM THERE IS A LINK HERE ..... Zeus ... SUCCESS! MY CAT IS ZEUS. Wait a minute ....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Of course. Jehovah was originally written Iehovah (Iahveh - Yahveh), and Jovis was originally written Iovis. I just simplified thing by using modern translations that included the "J" so that people that were not aware of the no-J-letters-fact understood to whom I was referring.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join