It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the max CME, that is possible, with the sun?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
hi all.

what is the maximum CME, that is possible, with the sun?!

Such a simple question, but I have no idea, does any of the sun scientists know, either?

Obviously, we do not know the max strength of What is Possible, the internet is full of stuff and predictions ranging from power outages to 1500 degrees F. at the earth's surface!!

en.wikipedia.org...

The solar storm of 1859, also known as the 1859 Solar Superstorm,[1] or the Carrington Event,[2] was a powerful solar storm in 1859 during solar cycle 10. It produced the largest known solar flare, which was observed and recorded by Richard C. Carrington.

science.nasa.gov...

Just before dawn the next day, skies all over planet Earth erupted in red, green, and purple auroras so brilliant that newspapers could be read as easily as in daylight. Indeed, stunning auroras pulsated even at near tropical latitudes over Cuba, the Bahamas, Jamaica, El Salvador, and Hawaii.

Even more disconcerting, telegraph systems worldwide went haywire. Spark discharges shocked telegraph operators and set the telegraph paper on fire. Even when telegraphers disconnected the batteries powering the lines, aurora-induced electric currents in the wires still allowed messages to be transmitted.

Less than 200 years of recorded sun history.
But is this Carrington Event, the most powerful possible? I would imagine not. but just what *is* the theoretical max CME possible?!

I let my imagination run wild, for a moment.
---a CME 100 times, or more, powerful than 1859!

every electric line carries much much more currant than specs allow. burns out every electric motor and electric motors in your car too! shorts out every wire, especially in your wooden house walls, 90% of all buildings catch fire and no firemen around to put them out! whole cities then go up in firestorms!

or....

a CME *so* powerful that our electic-driven nervous systems "shorts out" too!
Mass insanity results. 50% of all people just lay down on the ground, convulsing! or "mere" insanity where most people begin to attack everyone around them or something else like as if all their repressed "demons" now come up from their unconscious and express themselves!!

but can a CME be *that* powerful?!

there are posts here on ATS that indicate so; but the CME level of power might not be attainable to that level of intensity. Thus my Question, here, *can* a CME be that powerful in actuality?!

Freestone

new topics

join