It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Re-Weds first wife after 51 other marriages!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia Oct. 5, 2004 � A Malaysian septugenarian tied the knot in 1957, and tied it again and again 53 times. This week, he's gone back to where he started, remarrying wife No. 1.
"I am not a playboy. I just love seeing beautiful women," Kamaruddin Mohammed, 72, was quoted as saying by the New Straits Times newspaper.
Kamaruddin's latest bride, now 74, also was his the first woman he married and divorced.

abcnews.go.com...

In between marrying Khadijah Udin, in 1957 and again on Monday, the "easy going charmer" married 51 times, including to an Englishwoman and a Thai. He stayed with the Thai the longest, for 20 years, the Times said. His shortest marriage lasted two days.

All his previous marriages ended in divorce except with the Thai woman, who died of cancer, he said.

I thought the marriage/divorce rate was bad in the United States. He must be a candidate for the Guiness book of world records.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Muslim?

My sister went ther a few weeks ago. See said she would never go back because everyone hated her because she was American. That country is mostly muslim.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
Muslim?

My sister went ther a few weeks ago. See said she would never go back because everyone hated her because she was American. That country is mostly muslim.

You'll find thats pretty much the sentiment all over the world... even in western countries like Australia.

and what does being muslim have to do with it... It doesnt say whether he had more than one wife at any point does it?

And Malaysia has a low divorce rate, most couple stay together for life... on fact usually they marry their first love and dont get to experience anything else... Seeing as sex outside of marriage is strictly forbidden in Islam, and in malaysia, this dude obviously decided that the best way to play the field was to keep re-marrying...

new topics

join