It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Zombie Apocolypse: Leprechauns Attack!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

A mob of leprechauns reportedly carried out a vicious attack in the city of Seattle.

The Daily Mail took it even further saying “Just as the Zombie threat appears to finally be lifting it seems America could be at the mercy of an even deadlier menace.”

Gawker’s reporter stated “Following the recent proliferation of zombie-related news stories, it appears America has now moved on to attacks by other fantastical characters.”

I think it is pretty clear that we are on a path to destruction. Now, on top of zombies, we have to deal with Leprechauns gone wild. What in the world?

While obviously the leprechaun frenzy in Seattle is far less serious that the horrendous crimes committed under the influence of “bath salts” the media’s reaction to this Seattle man’s claims is something to behold.

Are we that eager to read about myths and legends coming to life? Why is this in the news?

leprechauns attack

ColoradoJens

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Cue the Irish, four leaf clover and all around drinking jokes....

No, but really, what is the world coming to? Next we'll hear about aliens doing weird things to cows..

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't get it. Why are they referencing Bath Salts? Not like anyone involved mentioned them just the writer of the article. Guess it's a gimick to get people to read your stupid article. Whatever works ey? Beats reporting real news or working on you writing skills.

Leprechauns? Really? You get your butt beat in a drunken bar fight and can't come up with a better story than that?
Folks are just getting lazy.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I think you have misunderstood this article entirely. This was an amusing article with more than a hint of sarcasm, not a serious one. This guy was obviously was beat up by mere mortals.

"Leprechauns beat him up for dancing with the wrong girl" might I ask you why no one else saw these creatures in the bar observing this unfortunate gentlemen?

A mob of leprechauns reportedly carried out a vicious attack in the city of Seattle. The victim of the attack claims a group of leprechauns beat him up in a Belltown area bar for dancing with the wrong girl. The police arrived to the bar to find the man covered in blood and screaming in pain. When the officers asked him who had attacked him he said “It was a bunch of leprechauns.”

And then we have witness testimony from the article you cited but failed to mention.

A witness at the scene confirmed a group of men beat him up.

And this is the second time in the same article that it was made clear that this article is in no way actually endorsing the idea that Leprechauns are real or beating up bar patrons.

After weeks of media fixation on the “Zombie Apocalypse” fueled by the synthetic drug “bath salts” it seems the media are becoming obsessed with this leprechauns. Gawker’s reporter stated “Following the recent proliferation of zombie-related news stories, it appears America has now moved on to attacks by other fantastical characters.” They joked “The leprechauns have yet to be apprehended. Be vigilant all ye travelers.”

This is another obvious attempt at sarcasm

The Daily Mail took it even further saying “Just as the Zombie threat appears to finally be lifting it seems America could be at the mercy of an even deadlier menace.”

Come on now did you really think Leprechauns were invading Seattle?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bphi1908

Hah, no, I read the article. Just as with "zombies", the news decides to run some lame story that has nothing to do with reality. As if leprechauns and zombies are real. Sheesh. The point is that it became a big news story - with no substance to it. Why is everyone so ready to have gnomes and wizards and the undead take over?

CJ
edit on 24-6-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Not the first time they are reported .. weird

I just hope its not that dude

Scared the crap out of me when i was a kid

up if you think this is the best leprechaun movie ever

edit on 6/24/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I saw that story when looking through the most recent articles. I guess maybe there really are little green men running amok!

A serious question - if there are those who truly believe in a zombie apocolypse, why not Leprechauns?

CJ

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

OK, my bad... I agree with you.

News in this day and age is to entertain not inform, this article highlights that fact very well.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Just give them back their gold, I mean Blonde! and everything will be ok.

jeez, watch the movie, them folks don't mess around, and theys got magiks!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bphi1908

OK, my bad... I agree with you.

News in this day and age is to entertain not inform, this article highlights that fact very well.

Spot on observation. "news" is a misnomer. It should be "baloney". Why is the "zombie apocolypse" mentioned even once in the news? What happened to us?

CJ

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
From the article..
... “The leprechauns have yet to be apprehended. Be vigilant all ye travelers.”

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well, I guess we came to that point in the Hopi Blue Star prophecy that says our reality will begin to merge with other realities.

It's either that or a new form of bath salts. You know, bath salts are going to be a running gag for awhile. might as well get used to it.

Tomorrow's news, man fights shark to save boy. He was reported to have bitten the fin off of the shark and then proceeded to chew on the boy's left arm.

Bath. Salts.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ok everyone calm down .. it was just Weeman with his brothers doing a jackass prank
on Johny knoxville

Only God knows what can these little guys do when drunk

edit on 6/24/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Is this basically what the Mayans met? Essentially everyone (at least that is being reported now) is going mad. I'm sure it's happened before but it is being covered so much now that I'm starting to wonder..

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Leprechauns will leave you alone as long as you don't go for their gold!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

This is one of the funniest things I've read in a while!! Thanks for the laugh, I really needed it.

When the officers asked him who had attacked him he said “It was a bunch of leprechauns.”

When I read this I lost it.
Had a mental image of one of my brothers trying this one.

S&F for a good laugh

edit on 24-6-2012 by Forgoten_Whisper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Thanks for the laugh the last addition of bath salts for added emphasis was a riot. Guess it's all you need to get your articles read these days. I want to start teaching a writing class I'm going to call it "Bath salts and Zombies all you need to know to be a journalist." 101.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forgoten_Whisper

This is one of the funniest things I've read in a while!! Thanks for the laugh, I really needed it.

When the officers asked him who had attacked him he said “It was a bunch of leprechauns.”

When I read this I lost it.
Had a mental image of one of my brothers trying this one.

S&F for a good laugh

edit on 24-6-2012 by Forgoten_Whisper because: (no reason given)

I would have loved to have been one of the cops responding to this call...

new topics

top topics

join