It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast and Furious Disappearing from Drudge Report and ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yesterday, I posted to the below thread and was watching the ATS page that refreshes automatically showing Recent Threads, Flags, etc and on a page refresh of the ATS activity page, the below Thread disappears.

Not only has Drudge made a concerted effort to stick Fast and Furious on the back burner but, apparently ATS is making the same effort. Threads about garbage in comparison to the below thread have taken main stage and Fast and Furious disappears?

HERE IS THE THREAD:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I find the Fast and Furious topic far more worthy than Transgender issues or Pro-Obama Threads which has strangely enough, been dominating ATS.

Not 20 minutes and 2 posts later after it was posted it was gone from ATS's page showing Recent Activity and has now been moved to the back burner.

Am I the only one to notice how this 'far more worthy issue' has been stuck on simmer at Drudge and ATS?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by InternetGremlin

I seriously doubt ATS is censoring F&F scandal. A few threads already have made the the Newest Flags page. As far as Drudge goes, I tend to agree with you. When the story was first breaking Drudge had it as the main story, and left as it the main story for a day, but he also had many links at the top left of the site to other numerous and related articles. Those links remained there for half a day then he just took them all down and the only story on his site talking about F&F was the headline story.

Just an observation.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It's the weekend. Wait till next week when Congress picks it up again. This topic is not going away....it's just on hold.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Nope you are not the only one to notice. The GOP was testing something out and they see it failing so they are sucking it back into the shadows. F&F is going to rain down hard on the Republicans if they keep pushing it and they finally saw some of that daylight and are trying to cover it back up.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I will have to admit it seems strange....I won't jump to conclusions,I would llike to think with the membership,especially the ones like clouds in the sky, burn the ships,phage,etc wouldn't stand for it...dont really think the conspiracy lies here....but then again I have been wrong once or twice in my life,I still have faith in the "old Guard" around here though...peace ya'll
edit on 24-6-2012 by gary714 because: context

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There's 50 threads on F&F on ATS already, where do you get the idea it's "disappearing"?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Just an observation.

Nice to see others have their eyes open. Personally, IMO... I fear anything short of divine intervention or benevolent(?) aliens is going to save our Arses. Our planet is on a quickening spiral down the cosmic drain.

For most, 'Only when they hear the screams and smell the blood will they realize they have been lead to slaughter.'
-Ayn Rand

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I don't know much about Fast n Furious and these articles you provided, ton't tell me a thing. Well on article as the Drudge does not seem to have it and why these sources? They don't seem like ope unbiased sources?

Maybe if there were something to start a conversation on you would get a lot of response?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
There's 50 threads on F&F on ATS already, where do you get the idea it's "disappearing"?

As I said at the beginning. I was watching the refresh on ATS and it was there one refresh, only a few minutes old, and then it was gone the next. It was an observation I found to be relevant as it was removed from Drudge and it was here on ATS before my eyes.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There are a ton of F&F threads, OP. One going away doesn't mean it's being censored, just that the admins are cutting down on repeats. Put your tinfoil hat down and use some common sense, please.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The whole system is probably automatic, without a person deciding what makes the top list, recent list, etc...The system is probably based on flags as well, as people are always saying flag this for exposure...I think you may be misunderstanding a regular and explainable phenomenon, which wouldn't you know happens a lot on ATS in many different forums.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The thread has not 'disappeared', it has just not been commented on very much (except very recently by the OP of this thread).

Please continue to comment on the previously posted thread.

closing

new topics

top topics

join