It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusionment of the Soul

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

In your story a 'Creator' has been implied. One of omnipotence. Able to create every scenario. One with knowledge of every manifestation to come out of this creation. Time has no property other than lineal and encompassing a time line in 'this' creation, ie. a beginning, a continuation, or a termination. The Creator is not hampered by time. This could be one of many creations.This creator, knowing the beginning, all activities in the interim, and the end, if that so became the Creators choice, would neither find disappointment nor satisfaction due to knowing both ends of the created time line. It could be viewed that the existence of the Creator would be one of futility if the expectation was anything substantive to fill the needs of a interactive creation, as it could be created and un-created at will with infinite variations. Even infinite variations could pose no claim to existence with an omnipotent creator who could undo any scenario at will.

I think Time is the key.

Time
Fourth Dimension
Physicality
Only we, the physically incarnated beings can experience linear time in this third dimension. Other beings can create/experience an immediate point A to point B start and end, but only we can “live “the experience through all our five senses which is unique to our own specie. I’ve often wondered about the saying, “It’s not about the journey…we all make it in the end…it’s about the experiences in between that really matter”. So in order for a creator or advanced being to experience" It All" souls with the God spark had to be sent to this lower vibration in order to experience life as we know it.

edit on 6/25/2012 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Wouldn't remembering "who you really are" defeat the purpose of the Experience?

What you are describing here is what I figure the soul is -- if we have one. Life is actually real -- but it's also being experienced by higher beings who have moved beyond death and want.

We are the XBox of the Gods.

However, I don't know if my life is that interesting for the higher beings -- because I'm already over all the religion, the myths, the mysteries. There's nothing less fun than an apathetic NPC.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
That reminds me of what is written in the CWG books by Neale Donald Walsch. It's good to be reminded so succinctly.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
This little theory has been around for a very long time, but it has become a lot more prevalent in the last few years. I think you did a great job of putting it in a nutshell.

All I can say is, if I put myself here, I'm going to have a very long talk with myself when it's over. Because I'm NOT particularly happy with my little experiment. And in the next incarnation, I want a reset button.

This has been my thoughts exactly. Are you kidding me, well look me this was not fun and I am not sure there really could have been an easier way to learn...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Not knowing something often provides the surprise of newness. It is that transition point that is its own structure which is of greatest value. Eternal newness. To achieve obtaining that is done through proxies (us) where it is drawn from each of us as the most cherished life-giving nectar. We are and have never been here for our sake, but for use by omniscience.

Yet this process accelerates to an infinite rate upon our transition from space-time into eternity as each is enveloped by evermore newness beyond time and space. A reward, if you choose to look at it that way, for being but a tool for use by God.
edit on 25-6-2012 by tkwasny because: typo fix

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
It's pretty sad that mankind/Godkind/creator is so bored with living that (they) would constantly create pandemonium and heartbreak all the while claiming "all for one and one for all" or some other utopian or humanitarian bullcrap. What a dilemma to have to constantly tear down and destroy all for that fleeting fleeing feeling of experiencing the “feeling” of aliveness and newness. Truly a sad existence for a God or a man.

I would suggest you think of it more as if life is a movie/game; it has a script, characters, options, settings, plot twists etc. and other variables designed to fool you into thinking it's real. Can you imagine how boring and repetitive existence would be for an entity that has accumulated everything?

Is a man not an entity? Is a God not an entity? Is a creator not an entity? Life is not a movie. It's real. Real heartbreak, real love, real sadness and happiness. All I am saying is, if one is so “Omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence “ it is just as easy to create a good and positive situation as a poor destructive one.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm only 26, and that repetitiveness you speak of has sadly occurred within me long ago.
Whatever I had before I was born is all I want to get back to. This sense of individuation, this separation from the rest of the One Spirit has made me... not depressed, exactly, but I've had enough of it. I'm done with the jealousy, the sadness, and most of all, I wish I could remember how to love the rest of the conscious existence as much as though it were me... because it is.
I look at it, and I see nothing but separation and the sense of pride in that fact. The love I see is tinged with possessiveness, this sense of Yours, Me, Mine.
I know it doesn't have to be this way. Civilizations can evolve to the ideal that I crave so much. I daydream about being born into one of those in my next life. Just to be able to approach a stranger and not feel like I'm intruding on their very being. To be able to show compassion without it being interpreted as condescension.
Humanity is slowly stumbling towards that goal, so maddeningly slowly that it seems it will fail altogether. I wonder to myself: what the heck was I thinking?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So all of us can learn a lesson. Not the literal human "all of us", OUR soul.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
We are part of an experiment to see if a race in could live in total illusion (complete separation from god, creator, Allah etc..) and find our way back to him. Basically the experiment was a huge success with there being 100 of thousands of ascended masters and its time to wake up! That's what this 2012 thing is about. The veil will be lifted and we remember our history soon enough, with the help of the forces of light. To anyone who reads this comment know this, everything is in hand so do not fear in the coming days/weeks/months as the dark ones make their last attempts to stir up the public and cause massive civil upheaval. Make a conscious effort to replace fear based emotions with feelings based off of love for self and others such as happiness and gratitude. Living in the NOW and Unconditional love are the keys to Ascension. Soon enough this will be public knowledge but it is better to begin tending to the garden know as yourself now.

~ Peace and Love ~

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yes I do believe in all this stuff, it is all said in the Conversations with God books by Neale Donald Walshe. It makes alot of sense. Very well written by the way.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by Klassified
This little theory has been around for a very long time, but it has become a lot more prevalent in the last few years. I think you did a great job of putting it in a nutshell.

All I can say is, if I put myself here, I'm going to have a very long talk with myself when it's over. Because I'm NOT particularly happy with my little experiment. And in the next incarnation, I want a reset button.

This has been my thoughts exactly. Are you kidding me, well look me this was not fun and I am not sure there really could have been an easier way to learn...

Sometimes I suspect it's all a game too. And I presume there's a whole bunch of rather easy and seemingly obvious ways to force a reset (honestly though think about it), if indeed percieved reality is just a simulation on some other level. However, I suspect that forcing such a reset means having to go through the entire same level (if not a lower one) all over again. Even with endless lives, it doesn't seem worth the risk getting stuck in that loop. Even if it's a pain, hopefully playing out one's current known existence to the end will advance to some more fun to play level or bonus round.

Now if only I knew what the karmic score was in order to advance... (I suspect my rolled stats made my character rather lazy this time around.)

And if somehow everything is all fragmented pieces of the same and one existential omnipotence, did we finally build ourself a trap we can't get out of after postulating too many what ifs and deciding to test this power?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The illusion of having a soul is created by neurons and synapses in our brain. The "unmoved mover" aka "mind" does in all likelihood not exist.

The old Cartesian paradigm, body & soul, upheld by countless philosophers and religions, is crumbling in the face of modern neuroscience.

Well written OP, but still a fairy tale

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

No. No way will the mind be considered a feel-good philosophy. I won't stand for it.

Let's go further into the gleeful bliss of cold dark reality and say that the physical world itself is illusory, as cosmology has also hypothesized. Put together, it is logical to conclude that we have no minds and the universe is made of nothing. An objective observer would therefore see nonsentient nothingness. Top that beauty of a buzzkiller.

Now. Consciousness may be a mystery, but that doesn't call its existence into question. Maybe it looks like a God of the Gaps situation at the moment, but that because it's still one of those things that we have yet to learn about at our current level of evolution.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I`ve believed this for many years now. The seed was first planted in my mind after i watched a movie about time travelers who would buy vacation packages to disasters throughout history and then travel back in time to be present at those disasters to experience them firsthand.
That`s when I started thinking maybe that`s what life is really all about.A physical manifestation where "souls" can come to experience all the emotions of fear,hate,frustration etc etc. all of the things that would not be present in a utopia.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Not sure if you're familiar with Hinduism, but what you described is essentially the Hindu idea of the circular course of time. They divide it into what they call "kalpas." You'd probably enjoy Alan Watts, who covers that stuff quite thoroughly. I see someone already posted one of his clips on page 2, here's another:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Let me spell it out for you, so you can understand: consciousness is a phenomena created by our brains by means of neurons and synapses. It's a biological machine. Once the brian stops functioning, there is no consciousness, and there is no "mind" and "soul".

I know, it once was hard to understand that the sun doesn't revolve around the earth

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Science still struggles to properly define consciousness and its function. I am not saying you are wrong, but perhaps you are oversimplifying what consciousness represents. For example, a robot can be programmed to be aware of its own existence and surroundings. It can be programmed to retrieve information from its database and experience sensations. Does this not fit the definition of consciousness? An artificial intelligence lacks the necessary nervous system to meet your definition, yet it can still experience consciousness.
edit on 26/6/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

And if somehow everything is all fragmented pieces of the same and one existential omnipotence, did we finally build ourself a trap we can't get out of after postulating too many what ifs and deciding to test this power?

That is one I am very uneasy about is if we are all fragmented thoughts of God did we oops push the wrong button and there is no getting back LOL.

But I really don't subscribe to this idea I feel pretty independent, but I look into the doe-eyed hordes sometimes and think well are they completely autonomous?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I understood what you meant about consciousness being a biological function. I don't think a temporary nature necessarily disproves a thing's existence.
Unless the concept of nonphysical consciousness is what you are exclusively referring to?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Thank You for your kind response from a previous post.

As far as A.I....this is possible but only a Quantum Computing System...as is our Minds. A.I. is most likely already a reality but to release such information would cause panic as well as create groups intent on Destruction.

I have experienced a few things that I cannot deny so I am on the fence but it certainly was an eye opener!
Split Infinity

<< 1  2    4 >>

join