It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusionment of the Soul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You had it all: every power imaginable, every possession you ever wanted, every bit of knowledge about the nature and history of existence. With this power you could answer any question, satisfy every urge, experience every sensation. Omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence and immortality were all yours. But you chose to give it all up, temporarily, and limit your capabilities. You chose to incarnate a human body. You decided to experience a world full of suffering and negativity, a world filled with challenges and obstacles. Why did you do this?

At first you were intrigued; the possibilities seemed endless. Your realisation of self-awareness filled you with love and warmth. You were amazed by the beauty and power of creation. You could think of anything and there it would be created. You could make complex systems out of the simplest of units, or the most basic units out of the most complex of networks. The development of nature and landscapes were truly enthralling. There was no purpose behind your creation other than to experience its beauty and the fulfilment it brought your soul.

As time passed, creation began to grow repetitive and unrewarding. You could predict the most intricate of systems based on the smallest of units. The once soul-tingling music, visually-appealing scenery and fascinating organisms could no longer gratify your needs. And as the years passed, you felt so disillusioned by creation that you began to abstain from creating and chose instead to observe. But just like creation, observation eventually entailed the same predictability and monotony that plagued the former.

The idea then came to you. One so simple, yet brilliant, that it could not be dismissed: what if you could experience your own creations over and over again, filled each time with the same sense of excitement and wonder as you felt the first? But how would you circumvent the illusion? You would have to incarnate within your creation and be oblivious to the fact that you created it. In order for this to be believable, you would have to fill your existence with challenges and obstacles.

The decision was not easy, but it was the right one to make. You would have to surrender your omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence and immortality. You would have to be born within a universe that had rules and boundaries, pain and suffering, negativity and disappointment. Your core existence would be forever changed by this experiment and you will come out the better for it.

You sacrificed much to have this experience. You have a purpose for being here at this exact period of time, to experience this exact series of events. Try to remember who you really are. It will all make sense in due time, just be patient.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Destruction feels good sometimes.
Especially when you didn't create it.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
You decided to experience a world full of suffering and negativity, a world filled with challenges and obstacles. Why did you do this?

But it looked so different in the brochure. How would a soul date? It can't be your soul or mine, so we move to this place to test for compatibility. Once a choice is made two souls unite to form one and they live happily ever after for all of eternity.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Well written.
The overall premise seems plausible, and, at least, superficially coherent.
Will have to consider it further, before acceptance, or rejection, or probing, or...running away.
Thanks!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Having a terrible memory has been an immense help to end the boredom. Everyday is a new day bright shiny and new full of possibilities I don't remember placing there. Just how long is this darn thing anyway? I seem to have forgotten how much I hate waiting.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Wow, beautifully written and quite thought provoking!

i happen to think the premise is quite correct but this is certainly an interesting slant on it!

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Very Christian idea, but very nicely written.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Do you really see it that way? I don't believe I mentioned God, Jesus or the bible. The only thing that is hinted at in that regard is Creation, but even then it's not really with a Christian slant.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Stir The Soul ...Wake The Dreamer And You Shall See What Once Was You... is Really Me.What Once Was Forgotten Is Now Plain To See.I Look Within And Remember Again...Pierce The Veil For All To Look... Remembering a Long Forgotten Vow Once Took...

The Noise Of The Awakened Has Grown Great...Stirring The Knowledge And Memory Of Who You Seek To Lift The Veil And Awaken The Sleeping Masses...

However We Are Up Against The Long Forgotten Beasts That Lie With The Test Subjects Of The Grand Symphonia Played By The Unsung Designer Of The Great Experiment As They Sleep.... A Great And Powerful Whisperer That Plays The Strings Of All Things For It's Own Needs Is... Listening... To Every Little Peep and Stir That Comes From The Sheep... It's Perception Via The Unconscious,The Unawakened Masses...The Canary In The Mind. Singing To Its Master Of Any Stirring Within The Illusion..

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SynchronousSnake
Stir The Soul ...Wake The Dreamer And You Shall See What Once Was You... is Really Me.What Once Was Forgotten Is Now Plain To See.I Look Within And Remember Again...Pierce The Veil For All To Look... Remembering a Long Forgotten Vow Once Took...

The Noise Of The Awakened Has Grown Great...Stirring The Knowledge And Memory Of Who You Seek To Lift The Veil And Awaken The Sleeping Masses...

However We Are Up Against The Long Forgotten Beasts That Lie With The Test Subjects Of The Grand Symphonia Played By The Unsung Designer Of The Great Experiment As They Sleep.... A Great And Powerful Whisperer That Plays The Strings Of All Things For It's Own Needs Is... Listening... To Every Little Peep and Stir That Comes From The Sheep... It's Perception Via The Unconscious,The Unawakened Masses...The Canary In The Mind. Singing To Its Master Of Any Stirring Within The Illusion..

Really loved that!
Is this something you've previously written, or just...for the moment?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I've been thinking that (in contrast to what you wrote) that perhaps certain kinds of creation (the capacity to create, I mean) are limited to the physical realm, making the ability to create a serious motivator for a physical world (a palette as well as an evolving stage) life experience. Omniscience means knowing all that there is to know, not all that COULD and CAN be (making it potentially seriously lacking as a superpower -- who doesn't love to create). Perhaps the non-physical realm is so static (change is the core facet of our physical reality) that it can only incorporate new creations and knowledge that have spawned in the physical world, which have then been delivered via deep love/memories of the deceased. This would actually give some purpose to our existence (furthering of the spirit world).

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I have thought this way ever since I had my first "awakening" experience some 23 years ago. Knowing it doesn't make life easier, but the following does...

Don't forget: since you are a most conservative being, you will plan each experience in totality and provide utter safety to the essence of each observational facet. There is no way for you to screw this up.
edit on 24-6-2012 by seamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Sorry. That was somewhat rude.

Don't get me wrong, your post was well-composed and I'm glad I read it; except the whole idea of a soul striving to be emancipated from the body, seeking death over life in the quaint hopes that there is an after-world, and that soul's contempt for life, the world, the universe, and everything that exists, is—at least to me—very Christian.

Maybe I should have instead used "religious."

edit on 25-6-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Star for you sir. Yes, THIS.

This is what reality really is. What i've been shown at the far limits of even being conscious was an infinity symbol, and as it came into focus it became clear that it was a snake (oroborus) eating it's own tale. There was never a beginning, and never will be an end.

Everything IS everything.

If you're ever scared or what have you...just repeat that over and over. It has a soothing quality to it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I'm glad other people feel this way also.. it only makes sense.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this, but it doesn't surprise me at all that I did either.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Sorry. That was somewhat rude.

Don't get me wrong, your post was well-composed and I'm glad I read it; except the whole idea of a soul striving to be emancipated from the body, seeking death over life in the quaint hopes that there is an after-world, and that soul's contempt for life, the world, the universe, and everything that exists, is—at least to me—very Christian.

Maybe I should have instead used "religious."

It ALWAYS warms my heart whenever I see someone on ATS apologize for a mistake. It is the sign of true maturity.

Especially in this case because I was very saddened to see the term "very Christian" used that way. Describing it as "religious" would be even MORE inaccurate. Religion and truth have VERY little in common. If you want truth, you will find it ONLY in the creator of Heaven and earth. If you want lies, religion is what you are after.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
You are one of the most charismatic narrators I have ever seen on this site. That whole...thing was beautiful. I felt like Morgan Freeman was narrating to me as we looked over my life and contemplated it's meaning. You have done something not many posters have caused me to do on my time at this site.

That is...you've caused me to think. And I thank you for that. I love all your charismatic posts, please, keep these coming. I love reading them, they give me this weird warm feeling.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Beautifully written and well said!

If you don't mind....

Great video and I recommend checking out his other vids as well. I strongly dislike when people flood videos into threads so I will refrain from doing that but like I said, check out his other vids. This is part 1 of a 4 part series. For the awakened and unawakened, he provides a lot of great info.
edit on 25-6-2012 by conspiracy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Check out the vid I posted and the dude's channel. I have a feeling it'll give you more of a description as to where the OP is coming from. If I'm mistaken, then apologies OP.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Just incredible.

I've thought this over a few times & it seems like a wonderful theory. Then there's the question, is it an infinite cycle... Perhaps it has to be, because if/when you reach omniscience you'll eventually circle back to this state of consciousness, in aeternum.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join