It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's New President: Our Capital 'Shall Be Jerusalem, Allah Willing'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

ALL of Israel is stolen land. Israel has no 'sovereign right' to it just because of the Bible. Israel is a Western puppet state and military base. Those like you who offer a skewed version of history to defend their empirical existence based on the Bible are absurd. Might as well base foreign policy on the Chronicals of NArnia.

Good point, but who cares how they got the land, they got it, they're sitting on it. It's history, let's focus on the now. Why does anyone need land? Can't we share the resources and cooperate for the better of humankind? Who cares who's land it is? I just really can't understand that, but I guess it's because I'm not a religious fundamentalist. Why can't people just get along and help each other out?

We're going to end up all killing ourselves over who has an imaginary "ownership" with made up boundaries that have no bearing on anything, and has no potential for good.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Hmmm, about that six day war. You forgot to mention the attack by Israel against an American Ship in which 34 American sailors died and which Israel first tried to blame on Egypt. The first thing they shredded with gunfire was the American flag. We do really know how to pick our friends, don't we?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by sonnny1

Hmmm, about that six day war. You forgot to mention the attack by Israel against an American Ship in which 34 American sailors died and which Israel first tried to blame on Egypt. The first thing they shredded with gunfire was the American flag. We do really know how to pick our friends, don't we?

Again,if thats all anyone has as a comeback,for saying Israel,is ALWAYS the aggressor,I rest my case.

With as much as everyone says it,and as much as the Arab states have failed to take them out,I am really surprised all of the middle east ISN'T controlled by Israel.......

Same goes for America. Surprised with all the Talk of war with Iran,when we had ALL those troops siting in Iraq,for all those years......... Ironic,isn't it?

Dont worry though.I am sure if War breaks out,their will be many people outwardly supporting the downfall of America and Israel..........
edit on 24-6-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

The Egyptians will get what they deserve, they say they want a democratic and fair country and yet they have elected the Muslim Brotherhood to power, which will only mean more suffering, more war, more poverty, etc.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

The Egyptians will get what they deserve, they say they want a democratic and fair country and yet they have elected the Muslim Brotherhood to power, which will only mean more suffering, more war, more poverty, etc.

I hardy ever agree with you ,but in this instance,I do.

Star for you.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I don't understand how Americans worship the Israelis? And yet hate Australia so much, we have been there with America in every war since ww2, where other countries abandoned you like Canada and Britain, yet we stayed.

And you give us the cold shoulder for it, yet when Israel says do this for us, Americans do it willingly, why? What has Israel ever done for America, why do you want them as allies rather than us Aussies?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sounds like a racist,xenophobic,dumb,anti-immigrant comment to this person.

But you would say that because you have an axe to grind about the people of the Middle East. You see an equivalence between invading Western armies and immigrants arriving somewhere.

You create a moral equivalence between, say... a Palestinian resisting occupation and some pillow case wearing bigot in the US who likes to burn crosses.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I don't understand how Americans worship the Israelis? And yet hate Australia so much, we have been there with America in every war since ww2, where other countries abandoned you like Canada and Britain, yet we stayed.

And you give us the cold shoulder for it, yet when Israel says do this for us, Americans do it willingly, why? What has Israel ever done for America, why do you want them as allies rather than us Aussies?

Americans hate Austrailians???

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by artnut

We have been treated as an enemy of America, yet we are supposed to be allies? But Israel doesn't do anything for America they just demand and you give it to them. If its not hate than its definately double standards.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by artnut

Those were interesting stories and thank you very much for sharing them. I'll bet if you and I lived in another country and we met Americans who had left the US to live in our country, it wouldn't be hard to find some who would have horrifying stories to tell about what all they had experienced here, otherwise they probably wouldn't have left home to live in "our" country in the first place. That's just the way it is, people who go to live in foreign lands usually have their own personal experiences and reasons for doing so. Even people living right down the block from you here in America might be able to curl your hair with heartwrenching tales about their lives in the land of opportunity and equality.

Somewhere on the interwebs not too long ago I saw a whole slew of pictures taken in Iran of people just going about their daily business. Men and women alike who were all dressed in western clothing, some of the girls were wearing flimsy colorful scarves, but that's the only thing that would have "marked" them as Muslim. I'll try to track those pictures down.

But in the end, why should we be dictating what other people of other countries wear, or their local cultures? Its not all that many years ago that nuns in America wore habits that were no less restrictive than a burkha and no one forced them to remove their headpiece before they could enter a mall.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

reply to post by artnut

We have been treated as an enemy of America, yet we are supposed to be allies? But Israel doesn't do anything for America they just demand and you give it to them. If its not hate than its definately double standards.

How have you been treated as an enemy? My only experience with Australians was a very good friend back in high school, (in the eighties) and living in Hawaii while my husband was stationed there. They had frequent war game exercises in Hawaii(navy). I have never met a soul in my life who hated Austrailans, as a matter of fact, all of my girlfriends loved the accent, thought the guys were hot. Where are those Americans? Just puzzled, because I live here.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

reply to post by artnut

Those were interesting stories and thank you very much for sharing them. I'll bet if you and I lived in another country and we met Americans who had left the US to live in our country, it wouldn't be hard to find some who would have horrifying stories to tell about what all they had experienced here, otherwise they probably wouldn't have left home to live in "our" country in the first place. That's just the way it is, people who go to live in foreign lands usually have their own personal experiences and reasons for doing so. Even people living right down the block from you here in America might be able to curl your hair with heartwrenching tales about their lives in the land of opportunity and equality.

Somewhere on the interwebs not too long ago I saw a whole slew of pictures taken in Iran of people just going about their daily business. Men and women alike who were all dressed in western clothing, some of the girls were wearing flimsy colorful scarves, but that's the only thing that would have "marked" them as Muslim. I'll try to track those pictures down.

But in the end, why should we be dictating what other people of other countries wear, or their local cultures? Its not all that many years ago that nuns in America wore habits that were no less restrictive than a burkha and no one forced them to remove their headpiece before they could enter a mall.

I hear you, but I want to hear your take on female circumcision. I know horrible things go on here. I also know in early America, it was perfectly legal to beat your wife, and women could not own land. It is no longer legal to beat your wife in America, I can and do own land, and no one will ever force circumcision on me or my daughters or granddaughters. It is not against the law to perform female circumcision in Egypt, it is here in America. We can't dictate another country's culture, but I sure hear some discontent for America in your responses. Are you Muslim, or from America? Just curious.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I don't know any Americans who hate Aussies!!! Of course I can't speak for the government or its multiplicity of departments and agencies because they don't tell me squat. Well, that I believe anyway. And Americans don't worship the Israelis, although those guys who don't tell me squat seem enthralled by them. Unfortunately, some of your people are, as well.

Just gotta say, Reagan once said "trust but verify" but I had already dumped trust in the rotating file and went full bore on the verify part. So you down under guys are mostly okay in my book.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If you watch this Reuters World News Service unedited live stream of Egypt's Tahrir Square at blog.livenewschat.tv... you will see several people in the crowd trying to block out the camera with different-colored laser pointers. This might be completely random, but I thought it interesting.

Proof: imgur.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by artnut

reply to post by artnut

I hear you, but I want to hear your take on female circumcision. I know horrible things go on here. I also know in early America, it was perfectly legal to beat your wife, and women could not own land. It is no longer legal to beat your wife in America, I can and do own land, and no one will ever force circumcision on me or my daughters or granddaughters. It is not against the law to perform female circumcision in Egypt, it is here in America. We can't dictate another country's culture, but I sure hear some discontent for America in your responses. Are you Muslim, or from America? Just curious.

I am American and I'm not a practicing anything, just curious about what other people believe and I try to be respectful of all, at least when they aren't flinging threats and bombs at others.

I have no opinion on female circumcision just as I have no opinion on male circumcision as it simply isn't my place to tell people what to do with their private parts. I will say, though, that I just read about another baby boy in the UK who died either yesterday or today after a rabbi circumcised him. The rabbi told the mother to apply vaseline to stop the bleeding? He bled to death.

Here's the story on that: endmalecircumcision.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TTAA2012

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by TTAA2012

Thanks for the clarification. Their stance is definitely aggressive isn't it? But then so is Israel's.

I have yet to see ANY Israeli politician claim the capital of another country as their own. Before you say they did that to Jerusalem, I'd remind you that it is called the "City of David" for a reason. Jerusalem was founded by Jews. It is theirs; period.

Their second holiest shrine is the temple mount. That is where Allah was raised to heaven according to their doctrine.

As far as it belonging to the Jews there are Christians there and everything. They all want to keep their holy sites and want to be able to visit them whenever they want, and by the millions too.

I just finished telling them they could go there but not by the millions, and not like Mecca where well take a look for yourself...
fc08.deviantart.net...

"Well if you do not let us go there we will martyr ourselves!"

Well we can just dig the thing up, and move it to South Israel or Gaza for you.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I have never met a soul in my life who hated Austrailans,

You've never met a Kiwi, or an Australian Aborigine?

edit on 24-6-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2012 by aorAki because: formatiing

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

I have never met a soul in my life who hated Austrailans,

edit on 24-6-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2012 by aorAki because: formatiing

Evidently not?? Here in America, I have never met anyone who hated Austrailians. Not sure what you mean.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

I kind of "met" a Kiwi on an online chat forum some years ago, although I realize that's not the same as real life. But he was a really bright guy and very down to earth (naturally). I'd have been happy to know him in RL
edit on 24-6-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
More disgusting hate and evil, but this is hardly breaking news as the muslims have been saying this forever.

Hopefully they keep it in the media so that more people will be informed of this ongoing evil and hate speak by Islamic countries.

Calling for millions of martyrs, the whole world should be up in arms about this!

Jerusalem is of no religious importance to these muslims. The islamic propaganda machine needs to be scrapped.

They only want Jerusalem as payback at the jewish people whom they wish nothing but complete eradication upon.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join