It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET In Plain Sight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I have up last night pondering this thought that came to me and debated it on it overnight. What if on the various sci fi shows/dramas/films when we are introduced to different imaginary ailen races, or even in Dr Who with the paper mache sets (I'm talking Tom Baker years folks!) , what if a real ailen race was portrayed? It would be going too far to suggest they had a genuine ailen on set, amongst all the puppets etc, but what if the basic facts and appearances were real. Cant say I would care much for the Ailen or Predator species! Or the dreaded Daleks! But a friendly Vulcan would be fun or something simmilar.

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I always liked the aliens in Close Encounters of the Third Kind. They seem really nice. The aliens in Fire in the Sky freak me out to no end! The Communion with Christopher Walkin...eh, I don't really remember what they looked like.

The Grays in the X-Files.. I bet those are real

And George Lucas has Jabba the Hutt stored away in the Skywalker Ranch basement.
edit on 24-6-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Yes. Way too far. Way way way.
I seriously doubt that if our nation had an alien being, that they would bring him to the SyFy set for a shoot.
That's just silly.
They'd bring him to 'H' Channel set to hang with that Georgio Tsoukalous guy who has orange skin.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
a friendly Vulcan would be fun or something simmilar.

This was the whole point of Star Trek. It was to groom the masses for the new world order showing that the aliens are actually good guys.

Daleks are usless on stairs

Killer zombies from outer space are already here.

And the vulcans are simple mythical elves

Notice the pointy ears in all 3 cases.

Elf

Vulcan

Fallen seraph

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

I can remember when Stargate the series had their alien towards the end of it's running. I cannot remember what it's name was, (Solaman?) but it looked similar to a gray alien except with a very long neck.

There were rumors that that alien was "real".

I suppose that if aliens were among us, desensitization would be necessary, before they spilled the beans. In large numbers, humans get stupid. I don't think they'd risk the upset. Particular in these times, when a global economic instability would probably worsen, if not collapse, with the revelation of aliens among us.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

They are both good and bad

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Communion with Mr Walken - how can you forget that little fat blue dude??, or the one with the huge cowboy hat!
And what about the movie "The Blob" - don't forget the Blob.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
great thoughts OP
my favourite portrayed aliens would have to go to the greys in the Taken series by Steven Spielberg
which i have the boxset for and is amazing!

but i have to say the Predator is a true legend in movie screen aliens for me

S+F

EDIT: i have to give mention to Paul

edit on 24-6-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

If you subscribe to Jung (instead of Freud), aliens that we depict in movies could be derived from collective subconscious. It's also where we get all of our arch-typical images. The Tarot deck is heavily influenced by this philosophy.

So, in short, many of our "fictional" creations in art could have come from a deep, instinctual knowledge.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
great thoughts OP
my favourite portrayed aliens would have to go to the greys in the Taken series by Steven Spielberg
which i have the boxset for and is amazing!

but i have to say the Predator is a true legend in movie screen aliens for me

S+F

EDIT: i have to give mention to Paul

edit on 24-6-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

Ahhh Taken was excellent. I spent a very lazy day on YT re watching that series and it was fabulous. I think Taken is probably fairly accurate aside from the Hollywood storyline. The Ailen John looked very convincing. Not that I have ever met an ailen of course! Or not that I am conciously aware of anyway!
And V (original series) was good for its time and in some sense still is. I think that was the first real indication of Reptilian ailens walking amongst us. And it was also an entertaining sci fi mini series too!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i have video of ufo in victorville wanted to share just joined can someone help i dont know anything about how to post them

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The short little blue guys in robes freak me out. They're referenced rarely, in terms of sightings and pop culture references (unlike the greys) But STALKER Call of Pripyat had those buggers in it, freaked me the hell out.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi ET fans.

DO NOT forget the nice looks of the ETs in Cocoon ! !
. . .when he becomes luminous, or when they play cards. . .

That could be one of their appearance in higher density of existence. . .

Blue skies.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I agree with a previous poster that 'Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind' had great aliens. These type of aliens closely matched witness accounts. Steven Spielberg has done so many alien movies that maybe he knows something we don't?

On another note, I sure hope the aliens don't look anything like the ones in 'Signs'. That would scare the heck out of me!!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What about the grey in Dark Skies?
That looked like a pretty good likeness to me.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
What about the grey in Dark Skies?
That looked like a pretty good likeness to me.

Dark Skies? I don't know that one. Is it a movie or a TV series?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What about the greys in the Alien Autopsy Video...they look pretty real...didnt they, didnt they??

Not to mention the accompanying video of the same greys with all the soldiers and Air chiefs looking at them...all fake of course.....of course....

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Funny you mention this.

I was watching an episode of Stargate SG1 where Thor, who is a grey alien, pretends to be a hologram on a tv program with Dr. Carter where they are discussing some kind of technology. I can't remember the episode. I've been watching the entire series non stop for weeks. I'm on season 10 so my mind is a little fuzzy on which season or episode it was.

After seeing that scene the same thought crossed my mind for a quick moment. There are many things in the show that make me wonder.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I don't know, personally, I think that the writers in Hollywood are just that...Writers in Hollywood. I just have trouble seeing how they would have any kind of special access to any kind of special information regarding Alien life or something.

It seems about as likely as.... a plumber or a lawyer having some kind of special info of Aliens....

I think the closest you will see to a writer writing about some alien species, is a writer, using common ideas about what aliens may be like.... or different stories of abduction or claims of UFO sighting and writing about THAT.

That is where I stand, anyway.

Vote Truth_2012
edit on 24-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

A very good one-season TV series, now on YouTube in its entirety, with each episode divided into five parts or so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join