It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morsi wins Egypt's presidential election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Morsi wins Egypt's presidential election

www.aljazeera.com

The Muslim Brotherhood's Mohammed Morsi has officially won Egypt's presidential election and will be the country's next president, the electoral commission has announced.

Morsi picked up 13.2 million votes out of just over 26 million, giving him about 51 per cent of the vote. His competitor, Ahmed Shafiq, the final prime minister under Hosni Mubarak, received 12.3 million. More than 800,000 ballots were invalidated.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I heard the military issued orders to use lethal force against any attempt to break the law ahead of these results. And then report of the Egypt election commissioner saying they found 2154 forged voter identity cards just before the announcements, I wonder how this day will finish out for Egypt. This election is definatly showing many signs of suspicious activity still. I doubt this will do much to settle the argument between the two sides. The Brotherhood have there man in Egypt now. It will be interesting to see if the military gives up any power.

www.aljazeera.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

New York Times

BBC News

Sky News

CNN

edit on 24-6-2012 by Novaroc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Novaroc

Let the riots begin.

Egypt is about to tear itself apart at the seams.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

brb going to get popcorn, beer & cigars.

Tell me when it starts.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hope nothing crazy happens. What if it turns out to be a revlotionary war. The military is reluctant to give up power and the brotherhood stocks up a huge cache of weapons like Cuba did. I doubt that'll happen though.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Mohamed Morsi:

Morsi was born in the Sharqia Governorate, in northern Egypt. He received a Bachelor's and Master's Degree in engineering from Cairo University in 1975 and 1978, respectively. He received his Ph.D. in engineering from the University of Southern California in 1982. He was an Assistant Professor at California State University, Northridge from 1982 to 1985. In 1985, he returned to Egypt to teach at Zagazig University.[4] Two of his five children were born in California and are U.S. citizens by birth.[5]

-- Wikipedia

Another puppet ?

I'm finally starting to believe all these 'crazy' theories of NWO and the middle-east. I had a gut feeling in 2010 that the MB would win the damn elections, and now it happened.

I will post one more video here (I searched youtube for NWO and egypt, I got this):
www.youtube.com...
Honestly, I never heard of this guy, but he predicted this one correctly.

Also, now we have Syria and the downed Turkish jet, the S will HTF there soon as well.

What do you fellow ATSers make of all this, I am confused... ?

edit on 24-6-2012 by ModerateSkeptic because: (no reason given)

Edit:
I just found this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=14192092#pid14192092

I think there is more to be discussed than what was discussed there, like why did the U.S congratulate Egypt on democractic elections, if this is a catastrophic event to them ?
I refuse to believe that it's a coincidence all north african countries have islamist parties in power.. etc
Too many coincidences..
edit on 24-6-2012 by ModerateSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The Morsi victory is not necessary a Morsi victory, but a "falool" (remnant of the regime) loss.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It's not so much as a Morsi wins, but more of a military leadership loss. The military leaders had 30 years to fix Egypt's many problems but failed to do so. It's time to give the Muslim Brotherhood a chance to do its things.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a final and embarrassing footnote to Egypt's first democratic election:

Days after coming just a hair’s breadth from being elected the president of Egypt, Air Marshal Ahmed Shafiq is now under investigation for corruption during his term as Aviation Minister and has fled the country with his immediate family.

news.antiwar.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It purely amazes me there is so little about the Morsi win. I halfheartedly expected the military to force their guy in. I guess they thought it more wise to work this approach vs risk an internal war against them which might reduce their US funding and remove them from any chance of rule in the future. Morsi even got a nod from America. I'm guessing the mysterious "tptb" figure if he doesn't play ball he can always die mysteriously or get cancer.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollumi
It purely amazes me there is so little about the Morsi win. I halfheartedly expected the military to force their guy in. I guess they thought it more wise to work this approach vs risk an internal war against them which might reduce their US funding and remove them from any chance of rule in the future. Morsi even got a nod from America. I'm guessing the mysterious "tptb" figure if he doesn't play ball he can always die mysteriously or get cancer.

I don't think it was so much Morsi getting a nod as the process, which was free and fair elections, getting the nod.

The MB is actually a clever bunch, politically. They had a member in each of Egypt's more than fourteen thousand polling stations, collecting copies of certified election resulths, then quickly doing the mat. Then they played a game of chicken with SCAF for a week because there was no way to fudge the results.

Really, it doesn't matter much anyway. The position of president has been whittled down to nothing more than a baby kisser, there is no constitution, and there is no parliament, and his term is limited to six months.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Will the Egyptian people take their token "Democracy" and nourish it or will they go for the real thing? I'm of the opinion from my anecdotal observation of man there are no miraculous cures for something so far gone as the "government" (military powers) of Egypt and think the only way for people to be free is to cut the cancer out. There is no way you will ever change the military's point of view. They have ruled without checks and balances so long as to think they are "entitled" to it and there can be no other way.

When I was in Egypt, years ago, the military was very nice to me. But we carried cards from their prime minister so it was a have to sort of thing. What was very obvious to me is that the American military literally flung money into the Egyptian economy with wild abandon. Well, not necessarily the economy, they flung it in certain directions with wild abandon. We, meaning America, are literally the Egyptian military's livelihood. You know how this goes. Where I have worked over the years I have done many things which were against my nature but I did them to preserve myself and way of life. The Egyptian military likes our 1.3 billion every year. The military is going to serve its master. And that ain't the people.

But, if everybody was objective and willing to go the distance this would be a different world.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I don't see a democracy ever happening here. Egypt is a class based society, and the idea that a maid would have the same say in the government as her employer won't go over well. They just won't do it.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
That is a real shame they along with the middle east need to take religion out of politics.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Thank you all for your input and views. I always learn more from researching another persons take on things than just reading what is offered from the usual channels of the web. Stars for all.

new topics

top topics

join