It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Godfather of global warming predictions, "incorrect"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
reply to post by newcovenant

So because one side has more money it would be impossible for the green party to buy someone off? Surely the green party has enough money to buy lobbyists and scientists. Have you forgotten the millions that the US government has dumped into failing green programs, such as solar, and wind energy? I'm sure those politicians put forth the money from the bottom of their hearts.

edit on 25-6-2012 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

Get real will you ? Yeah Greenpeace is going to bribe someone to fudge information. I am asking you to look at what one group has to gain and lose versus the others. You trust the oil companies? Fine. Lets just leave it at that. Ok? There really is nothing more for me to say. I guess you missed the part where I am not here when your theory fails. I had no kids for a reason.
edit on 26-6-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by newcovenant

And how do you happen to know so much? Guessing you are an idiot savant. See 2 posts up for expansion of this reply. I don't feel like saying it again. Sometimes I think I am talking to the pollution itself.
edit on 25-6-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

The only "idiot" is you... You don't even have the savant capacity... How about instead of CLAIMING "all who don't BELIEVE in AGW are oil kooks" you DEBATE the points of why you think Climate Change is anthropogenic?... You can't because you don't have neither the intelligence, nor the evidence to back your blabbering rhetoric...

BTW, in case you didn't know AGW has become a multi-billion dollar scam... Do you even know how and why companies buy CO2 credits?... Do you know how it works?... I doubt it...
edit on 25-6-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by newcovenant
Maybe a quick check of profits from oil companies would open your eyes and not let you be blind to the truth.
And furthermore if you are wrong we have massive plant and animal kills and eventually human death unhindered. If I am wrong somebody is going to make a few hundred extra dollars saving carbon credits and the earth will be a more hospitable climate for humans. Nobody dies.

Why would there be a "massive kill from plants, animals and humans" with an increase in CO2 when we are nowhere, and will never be near the levels necessary for such a thing to happen?...

Like I was saying, you are not showing much of an argument except to insult people...

It is a known FACT that all plant life, and trees, benefit with higher atmospheric CO2 than at current levels...

Currently there is only 380ppm -390ppm atmospheric CO2 levels, and all experiements show that an increase to 1,200 ppm - 1,500 ppm of atmospheric CO2 is benefitial to ALL plant life, and green biomass on the planet because these levels of atmospheric CO2 allows all green biomass on the planet to grow more and produce more yields/harvests which means MORE FOOD for animals and humans...

Not to mention that with levels of atmospheric CO2 that high allows for plants to make better use of water, which means they use less water and more potble water is left for all animals and humans...

I know this because I INFORMED MYSELF instead of blindly and ignorantly believing in what you are being told about AGW...

Successful indoor growers implement methods to increase CO2 concentrations in their enclosure. The typical outdoor air we breathe contains 0.03 - 0.045% (300 - 450 ppm) CO2. Research demonstrates that optimum growth and production for most plants occur between 1200 - 1500 ppm CO2. These optimum CO2 levels can boost plant metabolism, growth and yield by 25 - 60%.

www.planetnatural.com...

In order for CO2 to be HARMFUL to humans it would have to reach 5,000 ppm... In order for CO2 to be LETHAL to humans and anmals it would have to reach levels between 30,000 ppm- 100,000 ppm...

Carbon dioxide effects on humans, at increasing levels.

1000ppm - 0.1% - Prolonged exposure can affect powers of concentration

5000 ppm - 0.5% - The normal international Safety Limit

10,000ppm - 1% - Your rate of breathing increases very slightly but you probably will not notice it.

15,000ppm - 1.5% - The normal Short Term Exposure Limit.

20,000ppm - 2% - You start to breathe at about 50% above your normal rate. If you are exposed to this level over several hours you may feel tired and get a headache.

30,000ppm - 3% - You will be breathing at twice your normal rate. You may feel a bit dizzy at times, your heart rate and blood pressure increase and headaches are more frequent. Even your hearing can be impaired.

40,000-50,000ppm - 4-5% - Now the effects of CO2 really start to take over. Breathing is much faster – about four times the normal rate and after only 30 minutes exposure to this level you will show signs of poisoning and feel a choking sensation.

50,000-100,000ppm - 5-10% - You will start to smell carbon dioxide, a pungent but stimulating smell like fresh, carbonated water. You will become tired quickly with labored breathing, headaches, tinnitus as well as impaired vision. You are likely to become confused in a few minutes, followed by unconsciousness.

100,000ppm-1,000,000ppm - 10-100% - Unconsciousness occurs more quickly, the higher the concentration. The longer the exposure and the higher the level of carbon dioxide, the quicker suffocation occurs.

50,000-100,000ppm - 5-10% - You will start to smell carbon dioxide, a pungent but stimulating smell like fresh, carbonated water. You will become tired quickly with labored breathing, headaches, tinnitus as well as impaired vision. You are likely to become confused in a few minutes, followed by unconsciousness.

100,000ppm-1,000,000ppm - 10-100% - Unconsciousness occurs more quickly, the higher the concentration. The longer the exposure and the higher the level of carbon dioxide, the quicker suffocation occurs.

globalripening.com...

How about you inform yourself instead of only using insults as your arguments?...

edit on 25-6-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

It is already happening you are simply too wrapped up in your party and your politics to see it and you are not only an insult to me but you are an insult to life on earth. I really hope you have kids and a big family. From where you will be I think you will still be able to hear them scream.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join