It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron declares war on welfare culture.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

The WELFARE system was created by DEMOCRATS and used to ENSLAVE people to living off the Government. Remember, they said they would take care of you !!!

The EASIEST way to stop this is to END the ENTIRE SOCIAL SUPPORT SYSTEM the Government has established. I'm sorry, but it is the only FAIR way to stop it.

If we do that, we must also end NAFTA and GATT Treaties and force US Companies to bring their businesses home and employ people here instead of OUTSOURCING those jobs to 3rd world countries around the world.

If WE don't, AMERICA will sink into the status of the 3rd World Country !

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

The WELFARE system was created by DEMOCRATS and used to ENSLAVE people to living off the Government. Remember, they said they would take care of you !!!

The EASIEST way to stop this is to END the ENTIRE SOCIAL SUPPORT SYSTEM the Government has established. I'm sorry, but it is the only FAIR way to stop it.

If we do that, we must also end NAFTA and GATT Treaties and force US Companies to bring their businesses home and employ people here instead of OUTSOURCING those jobs to 3rd world countries around the world.

If WE don't, AMERICA will sink into the status of the 3rd World Country !

I dont think american companies give a damn about america, im sure they'll just set up shop up Dubai or something while continuing to use cheap labour across the world.
Corporations dont give a damn about people, they care about profit. Just profit. Nothing but profit.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So how much is David Cameron Salary and the Other politicians?...Who's really "Milking" the System!...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Welfare is a mindset.. it is the gratification of immediate needs, and as such the immediate bills and necessities are purchased. There is very little planning for future increments of time beyond the welfare pay period per month. As a mindset then, the recipient has little incentive to look beyond their immediate needs, as another increment will arrive in 30-31 days. One must remove themselves from this cycle and learn the ability to put their goals further into the future and 'Think' in terms of a yearly financial base. There are very different objectives of people living hand to mouth as welfare people do, with respect to their ability to think long term. As I said, it's a mindset, an example of people taking the path of least resistance. Shame has eroded, their is little incentive to rise above welfare if there is no societal stigma included in being a parasite. In our parents time, there was just such a stigma, and most people tried to rise above the welfare state and become productive citizens. This stigma no longer exists and has reduced welfare to a purely financial source. Parasites survive on their hosts until the host is exhausted and dies. So too does the current welfare mentality of entitlement. For everyone who draws welfare there are one or more who must contribute to the recipients drain on society. And some have learned how to work the system to access the largest payment possible. 'It's not a hand up, it's a hand out' As always, when evil has a large enough population, it can then protect itself from the law by enacting laws to benefit it. This is no symbiotic relationship, rather a purely parasitic relationship, one that must ultimately fail.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysteryMan
So how much is David Cameron Salary and the Other politicians?...Who's really "Milking" the System!...

Well, it is less than the Doctors who went on strike last week about them being asked to pay more into their gold-plated pensions...

But yes, the basic salary of an MP is close to £70K + expenses, so the life they lead is way out of touch. I have no issuer with them getting £70k, per se, but why they need to claim every little thing as an expense as well? I have to pay to get to work, house myself, buy my lunch etc, why the hell do they need to get it paid for?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
he has done it , lets hound him out now before its too late .
How can the people of the UK ask for the immediate removal of the elected primeminister

There is cast iron process to do that, but technically, one could petition the Queen. Gather enough signatures etc...

But then you will meet the same problem I have. Plenty are prepared to moan, few are prepared to even put their name on a piece of paper, much less do anything else.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

stu you can have my signature , just tell he where that piece of paper is ?

Im sure I could muster some signatures myself

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Housing benefit has led to the increase in rents because landlords know that the State will pay. Remove the State subsidy and rents will fall.

This has got nothing to do with class war, and everything to do with a part of the welfare system that has just got out of control.

Regards

How do the landlords know that the state will pay more? The state allows landlords to bilk them? This seems a little to convenient to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by sapien82
he has done it , lets hound him out now before its too late .
How can the people of the UK ask for the immediate removal of the elected primeminister

There is cast iron process to do that....

I haven't read the 'ART OF WAR', but i imagine it'll say somewhere that you should not attack your emany via the gate your enamy has built with a sign that says "Please attack me via this gate…."

They wouldn't have put the sign their unless they knew it was impenetrable, much like the establishments own facility for complaint.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRGreer

Housing benefit has led to the increase in rents because landlords know that the State will pay. Remove the State subsidy and rents will fall.

This has got nothing to do with class war, and everything to do with a part of the welfare system that has just got out of control.

Regards

How do the landlords know that the state will pay more? The state allows landlords to bilk them? This seems a little to convenient to me.

Its true, sadly. plus, alot of lords & mps have their hands in renting property so its not in their interested to build more council house's or create affordable living for people.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Until, I started doing voluntary work at a drop in centre for young homeless people, I had no idea of many of the problems facing young people in our towns and cities. I had grown up in a loving stable family, with parents that showed me love and gave me discipline in a sheltered middle class environment. Things many of us take for granted. So if I was out of touch, I imagine Cameron and the Tory's are too.

Now, every day I am working with young people, who have been kicked out of their family homes, who have had a life of abuse and neglect, no loving family to guide or support them. Very vulnerable people. We only have a few cases who are forced to sleep on the streets at the moment. Most get to stay at hostals or private rented accommodation paid for with housing benefit. We also support people who have started off homeless and are now working with families. Again these people can only do this through housing benefit.

The ramifications, will result in many more young people on our streets, homeless and hopeless.

I'm not denying there is a problem with benefits in this country. But for Cameron to hook the tag of "entitlement culture" on the most vulnerable in society is a sick joke, maybe he should take a look a little closer to home.

The "entitlement culture" is rampent amongst the rich, who feel entitled to rob the nation of Tax, Bankers entitled to public funded bonus's and Mp's entitled to 2nd homes and expenses. But, lets bash the poor and demonise the benefit claimant because they are all just like Frank Gallager from Shameless.
edit on 25-6-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

the art of war is quite detailed on subterfuge though !

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Labour turned the UK into a nation of couch potatoes

New Labour certainly didn't help things but as far as I can tell the process started with Thatcher decimating the manufacturing base within the UK.
If there's no jobs to do people will simply sit around and laze.

. Cameron is trying to fix this mess.

Cameron is focusing on soft and easy targets in his quest to drag this country backwards.

And all many of you see is an elitist Oxford boy "taking from the little man".

That's because he is!

There are "few opportunities" because so many jobs have gone to foreign workers,

Because successive governements have treasonously transferred power to EU who now dictate immigration policy.
Cameron has had plenty of time to develop a policy to address this yet he has made no attempt whatsoever to do so and has actively encouraged the employment of cheaper eastern European labour over at least equally qualified local labour.

And the lack of opportunities is predominantly down to the fact that we don't actually make anything anymore.

and so much work has been outsourced overseas (especially manufacturing).

And why is that?

British heavy engineering was generally regarded as the best in the world and the labour involved rightfully expected a fair days pay for a fair days work but in order to make even more profits CEO's etc outsourced to places like Korea where it was acceptable to pay their workers the proverbial 'bowl of rice a day'.

The rich got richer and the workers were thrown on the scrapheap!

As a direct result we then also suffered a lack of skill as over a generation went by when real apprenticeships became a thing of the past.

Again, thank New Labour.

Blair and Brown certainly should shoulder a portion of the responsibility for screwing this country up but Major and Thatcher in particular did their best as well - Cameron is seeking, and generally succeeding, to outdo them all.

reply to post by TedHodgson

We are British and we speak English - it's ARSE not ASS.

.....but for once i actually agree with Cameron, Those who fiddle and pervert the benefit system should be taught that hard working individuals will not indirectly pay their living costs through the absurd amount of tax taken off their wages.

I personally find it hypocritical and totally unacceptable that politicians are allowed to moralise about benefit fraud when fiddling MP's expenses has been rampant for decades.
Could someone please explain to me exactly where there is a difference except the majority of people commititng benefit fraud are honest working people who just want to earn a little bit extra for their families - no-one ever got rich working fiddle or guvvy jobs - whereas the embezzelment done by MP's is bred from shear greed.

It is estimated that tax evasion costs The Treasury at least 15 times more than benefit fraud - why not the big clampdown on tax evasion?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Great post and something that so many people fail to see or recognise.

The advancements our parents and grandparents etc fought for and earned were slowly being eroded away - Cameron is taking it a step further and is doing it at a pace that suggests a degree of urgency for some reason??

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Dont worry, those who love welfare so much will be the first to witness the horror it creates. when the government tells them "we own your ass" and you're going on a boat with 5 minutes training with an M4 and a rusty helmet. when you cant say no to anything they command you to do as they massacre ppl for disobeying. because they are uneducated fools, living free off the state.

Nothing is free in this capitalist world. It's always give and take.

so guess where they will take when it's time to claim their due.

There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

I should probably correct my typo here..

There is no cast iron process...

Only the Queen has the power to dissolve parliament, but the Party can dismiss their Leader and give us a new PM all without a vote, a la Brown.

Technically, the PM doesn't have to be a member of the largest party, nor do they even have to be an MP. They just need the "support" of a 50%+1 of the sitting MP's. The whole notion of parties within Parliament is a farce anyway, Parliament doesn't recognise them, they are only there because we allow them to be. Each MP should be representing his constituency, not his party.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Well, it is less than the Doctors who went on strike last week about them being asked to pay more into their gold-plated pensions...
Our politicians have a better than gold plated pension and that is not up for any changes because the politicians that are telling us the country cannot afford them have blocked every move to alter theirs while telling us we have no choice.

Prime Ministers pension

Regardless of how long he or she serves, any former Prime Minister is entitled to half his £194,250 salary index-linked against inflation for the rest of his life.
At least doctors save lives not destroy them for the profit of an elite few.

edit on 25-6-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

We need bloody change, wholesale change and while people generally agree with the sentiment,

You know my feelings on that - urgent and radical reform from top to bottom - a full system re-boot is how I think you once described it.

hardly anyone can be arsed to do anything about it.

Apathy reigns supreme.

I think we see a slighty unbalanced perspective on sites like this as by their very naure they tend to attract passionate and opinionated people who wish to express both.

But I think the dumbing down of our society through the education system, lack of employment and career opportunities, MSM indoctrination etc has all been aimed at this move towards taking us back to time where the majority had very few rights or opportunities and were seen as a commodity which to be used to generate further wealth for the elite.

I am seriously considering emigrating now,

You are young enough and have much to offer - I'm sure you'd be a great success if you choose to do so - and I for one certainly wouldn't blame you - but this country can not afford to loose people of your quality.

You get the Government you deserve, UK. If you (the people) don't give a crap, why should they? People will still, in 2015, go to the polls and put their "X" next to the same damned party they always do, despite every single one being full of self-serving twats who would otherwise fail in the real world.

Again, I think you are more than aware of my feelings on this.

Someone somewhere in this thread said 'what can we do about it' - pretty straight forward - as Joe said Anger can be power
edit on 25/6/12 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by TRGreer

Regards

Its true, sadly. plus, alot of lords & mps have their hands in renting property so its not in their interested to build more council house's or create affordable living for people.

Landlords with housing benefit claimants bill the tenants and they get the money off the State.

The reason why rents are increasing is that those who have property have made a nice pile of cash over the increasing value, bought more, drove up the value due to supply/demand and priced the rest of us out of the market, forcing more to rent, driving up rents, making landlords more money, they buy more houses...so on and so on...

We need 500,000 houses a year just to break even with demand, but they are not being built. A lot of the time, it is the very parents of these "young" that can't get their own home that campaign against new developments because it might interfere with them in some way. Ironic.

My parents generation is as much to blame than us "youngsters" who can't even get on the ladder. My own father takes great pride in telling me their won't be any inheritance as "he will spend it all - it's mine". What hope does my generation have at owning a home if our parents generation is so damned greedy.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Not sure i like the way this is shaping up to be honest - which may well surprise some of you on here!

Weighting benefits for regional differences? Fair enough, provided those same regions to be weighted (ie, they get less) also get this regarding taxes, so they pay less tax than in affluent areas. Can't see that happening though so it will simply lead not just to greater disparity between rich and poor, but also to greater disparity between the South East and other areas of the country.

I honestly do think though if you are young and you haven't found a job in 2 years then it is because you aren't looking properly (lazy). Maybe a loss of benefits after 2 years is no bad thing in these circumstances. However, i will again qualify this by saying that this won't be the situation in all cases - in those cases where people can prove they have actively been looking for work then there should no reduction in benefits as it isn't their fault if there are no jobs available.

Hmmm, i had high hopes for government this time around. Sadly, this hope is going much the same way as Ashley Young's performances this Euro 2012!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join