It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron declares war on welfare culture.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

At the moment I'm blinded by the vision of my hands around
camerons throat.

People just cant see whats taking place, they cant see that THEY will be next.

On ats I often see people talking about when TSHTF and I often comment that it wont happen, but now I'm starting to think I was wrong. This cant go on, I cant believe an entire world is going to sit back and let this happen.

As the french would say - SHARPEN THOSE GUILLOTINES

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Just close ALL the benefits to ALL non-British people, the amount of money we can save by doing this would be huge. Why support people who has never put anything into the pot? If they work here and earn a living and are contributing to society then that's fine but stop the benefits to the parasites of society....

......oh and kick cameron in the daddy bags.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Also, did you hear about Camerons attack on Jimmy Carr for tax dodging?

The Prime Minister made headlines this week for calling comedian Jimmy Carr’s tax avoidance scheme ‘morally wrong’.

Mr Carr quickly apologised for what he called a ‘terrible error of judgment’, and said his ‘error’ came about when his financial adviser told him there was a legal way for him to pay less tax.

Meanwhile, Mr Cameron is taking flak for not criticising tax-avoiding Tory supporters, including Gary Barlow, and Downing Street is reportedly moving away from plans to make senior ministers’ tax returns public.
"I met with a financial advisor and he said to me: 'Do you want to pay less tax? It's totally legal.' I said: 'Yes.' I now realise I've made a terrible error of judgment … Apologies to everyone. Jimmy Carr."

Linkage

Privately, senior Tories are concerned that Cameron's comments on Carr were a tactical mistake because they gave journalists a green light to investigate the tax affairs of Conservative ministers, MPs and donors.

On Tuesday, the PM described Carr's tax arrangements as "straightforward tax avoidance". He said it was unfair on the people who pay to see Carr perform that he is not paying his taxes in the same way that they do. The K2 tax-avoidance scheme Carr is said to have used enables members to pay income tax rates as low as 1%.

The Guardian

And then it gets interesting:

Click here to find out more! By James Lyons 7 Comments 22 Jun 2012 00:00 Morally wrong?: PM told to close loopholes that allow super-rich to avoid paying £4billion tax a year

PM silent on cronies such as father-in-law Lord Astor and donor Lord Ashcroft who have used tax havens Tweet that: Jimmy Carr's K2 Tax Scheme comments on Twitter Tweet that: Jimmy Carr's K2 Tax Scheme comments on Twitter Getty/Twitter: Jimmy Carr

David Cameron last night faced a furious backlash for refusing to condemn the tax affairs of his rich pals while attacking Jimmy Carr.

The PM was silent on cronies such as father-in-law Lord Astor and donor Lord Ashcroft who have used tax havens. Labour's John Mann said: "Are they morally wrong too?. Carr apologised.

Against a backdrop of cuts that threaten jobs and livelihoods, struggling Britons will agree with David Cameron that Jimmy Carr’s tax avoidance was morally wrong.

But the PM was last night branded a hypocrite for singling out the comic when his own wealthy family and cronies have used similar schemes that mean the country misses out on £4.5billion a year.

And hard-up families being stripped of their child benefit will be furious that Mr Cameron’s rich pals are allowed to get away with paying just one per cent tax while doctors, nurses and police face the axe.

I am hoping this will open a can of worms for the tory bloodsuckers.

eta link: Mirror

edit on 24-6-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I've heard these important rich people have the power to create jobs, if only we would stop taxing them and let them rape the planet

now they want to take away safety nets on the premise these lazy colored folk are parasites on their bank accounts

why am I supposed to be impressed with this ?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

No, colour really doesn't matter to these people. In their eyes we are all parasites who are using their oxygen.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
How many billions are being spent on the 2012 London Olympics? Funny the choices the wealthy make, but hey lets just blame those greedy unions!
brice

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
So it will be arround 380 thousand youth that will be affected by this measure. A case of playing happy familys, with them having to move home to the parents. Not a good idea in todays world. People are all stressed out enough, with out having to look after unemployed youth.
The big soceity? Will be coming after the likes of you cameron.
You and your bankster friends.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
About a year ago it was suggested Cameron has a personality disorder (PD) - the narcissistic PD.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Instead of acting in an equitable manner and criticizing his donator Gary Barlow of the English Boy Band "Take This (IRS)" he reacts by going for the poor and needy.

There is no cure for narcissistic personality disorder apart from cutting them out of society to reduce harm to others. The only peace of mind they have is when their brains are shut down either chemically or physically.

Tony Blair a former UK politician is also thought to be a victim and denies wrecking local work forces with mass Polish immigration into the UK for cheap labour.

Somehow the UK sheeple are now voting personality disorders into top policy making positions where policies are made to injure the same voters.

It is uncertain how this state of affairs developed apart from a corrupt UK media.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
About a year ago it was suggested Cameron has a personality disorder (PD) - the narcissistic PD.

Tony Blair a former UK politician is also thought to be a victim and denies wrecking local work forces with mass Polish immigration into the UK for cheap labour.

Somehow the UK sheeple are now voting personality disorders into top policy making positions where policies are made to injure the same voters.

It is uncertain how this state of affairs developed apart from a corrupt UK media.

This isnt just the case in the UK its a pandemic situation.

In the words of Frank Herbert:

"All governments suffer a redurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible."

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I personally agree with what he's doing.
All I see around me in the uk is thick scum who don't care about education
And have no work ethic.

Starve them all to death or force them to grow crops.
We are far to lenient on dense individuals who think they are owed
An existence.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Finally David Cameron has the balls to do what needs to be done to fix this country, unlike other prime ministers and if you disagree with him you have probably never met these lazy people on council estates or you'r one yourself making a career sitting on your ass claiming every penny you can.

We also have alot of immigrants coming over here with no intention of working, again raising tax's for the working population.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

To be honest, it's obvious what will happen. Until the people stand united and quite literally walk into 10 Downing Street, The Houses of Parliament and Commons nothing will happen.. people will lose their homes and livelihoods, they will shout and scream and even take individual action or matters into their own hands.. but ultimately they will be breaking the law and get locked up.

It isn't until a people overthrow their corrupt governments that justice is served. In the mean time the corruption simply intensifies.

Austerity cuts are the European buzz words slowly being adopted by all of Europe's nations. It is a way of saying you the people are going to experience hopelessness and no one will be there to help you and in the process we will get rich of your suffering.

The problem here is the system itself. Until it is done away with we can expect more of the same..

My only hope is that the people come together before there is no one left to fight back..

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

Although I agree with you to a certain degree, there are so many more factors in this enormous problem.

Hint: The rich people dodge paying taxes by using offshore accounts in tax havens...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

You say that now.. wait until the company you work for feels the credit crunch and can no longer retain your services..

When you are in the dole queue through no fault of your own being told to accept a job cleaning toilets in Macdonalds for £4.50 an hour which doesn't cover your living expenses let alone the rent for the roof over your head.. if you hold the same opinion.

I know countless people in this situation begging for work.. who are you to cast judgement from your delicate bubble?

let's hope karma doesn't make it pop!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
People seeing this as "taking from the poor" are completely missing the point.

It's an attack on welfare culture (key word "culture"). That is, the "great unwashed" - those who leave school, sign on, and are quite content to eat Pringles all day while watching TV. Completely unmotivated because it's so easy to collect welfare.

And those complaining about immigrants... well, now our lazy nationals will have to get up off the sofa and fight those immigrants for jobs. And it's about time they did.

Labour turned the UK into a nation of couch potatoes. Cameron is trying to fix this mess.
And all many of you see is an elitist Oxford boy "taking from the little man". Please.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

I personally agree with what he's doing.
All I see around me in the uk is thick scum who don't care about education
And have no work ethic.

Starve them all to death or force them to grow crops.
We are far to lenient on dense individuals who think they are owed
An existence.

If that's all you see then you are looking in the wrong places. I have no idea where you live and who you associate with but I can tell you something for free. If and when you get hit with the welfare stick, you will look back on this and wonder why you can't feed yourself or your family(if you have one).

As you can see in my OP, I am well aware of the benefit scammers et al. But, the innocent people who genuinely want to work and simply aren't given a chance(insert reason here) may get stung by this and that is my major concern.

We will see how this pans out and hopefully it will do the country some good. However, I will once again harp back to the fact that the richest people in this country, ARE NOT PAYING TAX!!! DO YOU GET IT?

Rat on all the poor people as much as you like but the truth is, they are a drop in the ocean. Read the thread, see what people have to say because the whole 2 billion pounds that will be saved from axing benefits is frig all in comparisson to the wealthy tax dodgers that are really, totally and utterly RAPING THIS COUNTRY.

Sorry, I get a little emotional sometimes.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Whenever I read your posts, I always read them with David Duchovny's voice running through my head.

Sorry, off topic.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
People seeing this as "taking from the poor" are completely missing the point.

It's an attack on welfare culture (key word "culture"). That is, the "great unwashed" - those who leave school, sign on, and are quite content to eat Pringles all day while watching TV. Completely unmotivated because it's so easy to collect welfare.

And those complaining about immigrants... well, now our lazy nationals will have to get up off the sofa and fight those immigrants for jobs. And it's about time they did.

Labour turned the UK into a nation of couch potatoes. Cameron is trying to fix this mess.
And all many of you see is an elitist Oxford boy "taking from the little man". Please.

+1

There's two parties when it comes to welfare recipients. Those who are out of work and struggling to find another job, and those who flat out refuse to work and have four kids just so they get more money. I think a lot of the time people get the two mixed up in these discussions, or lump them into one blanket group.
edit on 6/24/2012 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
There was no safety net for me to fall back on when i was homeless and my parents didnt give a damn about me. Just a volvo 240. Living in a car while doing my best to be a productive member of society while others were given free handouts for nothijg is pretty much what opened my eyes to what is wrong with everything.....

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Some more info in the telegraph.

In a major speech, the Prime Minister will indicate that out-of-work families will not qualify for extra benefits if they have more children and that young unemployed people may be forced to live at home under plans to cut the welfare bill by another £10 billion.

He will say that unemployment benefit may be “time-limited” and the £26,000 cap on welfare handouts for each household may be further reduced. Universal benefits for pensioners such as the winter fuel allowance and television licence will be protected, he will say, despite pressure from Liberal Democrats and Iain Duncan Smith, the Work and Pensions secretary, for them to be means-tested.

In the speech he will say: “We need to think harder about who receives working-age welfare. If it is a real safety net, then clearly it’s principally for people who have no other means of support, or who have fallen on hard times. But there are many receiving today who do not necessarily fall into these camps.

time-limited unemployment benefit should go down well.

Overhaul the benefits system, says David Cameron

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join