It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron declares war on welfare culture.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thing is it will start on the young then it will be the rest of us.

The big problem I have faced recently (Just divorced had to move to a small one bedroom flat) is the cost of renting, I must pay 60% of my wage (Min wage here) for a place to sleep and I worked it out after my bills ect I have about £8 pounds left a week for clothing and what not.
I can not get a mortgage cos Iam not earning enough and the landlords know this and charge too much for what you are getting.

Oh and Iam not claiming any benefits.
edit on 24-6-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Why would you announce this before the whole world is coming to your country for the Olympics?

Are you TRYING to create trouble ?

Or are you this stupid and expect no reaction from Britains youth? Or "let's just get this out of the way"

Something doesn't fit here.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

was that a question to the op, the media or cameron himself?
2nd
f.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Seriously, get yourself down to the council offices and get a housing benefit / council tax benefit form, if you really are that low in funds you may be entitled to something.

Don't feel like a leech in doing so, we all have to live.
edit on 24/6/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I must admit, I was kinda playing devils advocate in my OP when I said, it could be a good thing. In reality I see nothing good in this because I know damn well that a lot of genuine jobseekers are going to get stung by this.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
BULLS**T!!

There's a social welfare AND baby boom happening round here!

There are NO jobs, and little education, they are *making* everybody welfare recievers!

Remember they want to get rid of the middle class *and* the working class, so its the elite vs the sewer rats.

edit on 24-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

Yes, this is quite true. I managed to find a real job after 3 years of rejection and time wasting commission only jobs. I did the commission only jobs because I figured it was better than being on the dole... In reality it was a waste of time. Who the hell wants to buy double glazing when there is a severe recession!?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Damn straight, the man is removed from reality and would not last one day in those people's shoes. I dont even think he can fathom how hard life is for people who have to strugle, who are young and may not even have support or family!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Tell all the foreigners doing jobs that British workers could do to sod off back to their own country, especially the bloody Polish.

There is a bakery up the road from me, I would say 80% of their workforce is Polish, there is an awful lot of unemployed folks in this town that would happily work there.

This is a major problem I think. I have nothing against anyone from anywhere on Earth if they are good people but we have had enough problems with illegal immigration over the years. Now, legal immigration has only made the problem spiral. There are many large businesses that are full of Eastern Europeans and so many British citizens can't get a damned job because they are filled to the brim with poles, chzechs and lithuanians.

This really gets my goat and strikes a nerve with me because during my several years of no fixed employment, I applied for a job at the place a few of my friends work at. I had 4 years previous experience in the job criteria(electronics), yet I was told I wasn't suitable for the position.

One of my friends who works there is the training manager and every other week he is telling me about this useless polish person who can't even solder and barely speaks English is being trained by him!!! I was f***ing well pissed off. Seriously, I have done several solder training courses(microcomponent level) and am good at it yet the bastards didn't even give me an interview. Then some Eastern European with no technical background just waltzes in because her boyfriend works there, or his housemate works there.

So, so wrong.

Did I flame enough? A couple more for good measure!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Yep, all these rich people are at it. This is the biggest problem we face, the highest earners just dodge tax and nobody does a damn thing about it. If the rich just payed their damn way, there would be no financial crisis.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by earthart

Another father being screwed by the system. Dads have barely any rights. I know there was a thread about it recently here, you are one of millions of fathers in the western world getting screwed by unfair laws and court decisions.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

This move would apparently save a maximum of approximately £2billion - Vodafone were recently 'let off' with approximately £5billion of their estimated £6billion tax bill.
reply to post by Freeborn

Exactly, 2 billion is a drop in the ocean compared to what would be owed if corporations actually payed their way. It's disgusting.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I just had a flash of 1984... man, what a horrid vision. What a horrid situation to have to live in.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I declare war on David Cameron, he's the modern day Anti-Robin Hood. Lets rob from the poor and the hard workers and give to the rich. What a # he is.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Oxygenation

I know what you mean, I work in an area of poverty too and a lot of young people have just given up. In a way I hope they do kick off and start more riots, they literally have nothing to lose.

The only thing that worries me is the backlash the government will use to protect their interests. What do you think would be the worst case scenario?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrFaustus

Originally posted by plube
All i got to say...yet again the rich getting richer off the backs of the poor.....but what is the real conspiracy....It is to knock back the youth.,....Create more disillusioned youth...WHY?....So that they fill the Armies with them for the coming wars...Simple as that.

Nahh the Army funding is being massively cut in the UK. Its more likely that they are wanting to generate more criminals so they can arrest them and force them to work for nothing in prisons.

You know the like the US model.
edit on 24-6-2012 by DrFaustus because: spelling

This is a very scary thought, I am aware of the prison industrial complex in the US. We should definitely keep our eyes and ears open for new prisons sprouting up around the country.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
This would be great!
If all the money "saved" weren't going to be "lost"

Government cutbacks are only acceptable when that money won't go into a higher salary for the government.

Yeah but all 2billion of it? It's nothing in comparisson to what the banks still owe the government, or should I say taxpayers...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
fakedirt

woogleUK

skully

freeborn

plube

wide-eyes

What they all said coz I'm too angry to think for myself at the moment.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
David Cameron and his cohorts all need to be forcefully removed from parliament, and then executed. They are systematically removing every safety net, they are robbing from the poor so they and their corporate sponsors can get richer. They are screwing the vulnerable because they know they cannot fight back and the majority of the population are either too ignorant, too apathetic or too brainwashed to care. This man and his policies are evil, there is no other word for it.

100% agree with you.

yet another government that reduces the jobs available so that people can only survive on benefits, but then removes the benefits so only the rich can live with any degree of confort.

it's absolutely disgusting.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
BULLS**T!!

There's a social welfare AND baby boom happening round here!

There are NO jobs, and little education, they are *making* everybody welfare recievers!

Remember they want to get rid of the middle class *and* the working class, so its the elite vs the sewer rats.

edit on 24-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

Exactly but there is a tipping point, how far away it is is anyones guess. Hopefully sooner rather than later because that way the gov. will be unprepared. Are they prepared already, I doubt it. I wonder how long it will be before they are prepared? With a move like this, I am guessing not long. There is already talk of drones being used at the Olympics, I would say that is phase one!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

VoidHawk

I think your linked thread in your sig is very pertinent to this discussion. I know how the struggle is mate, nobody really knows untill they experience it themselves. I hear no end of people who are in work, slating the unemployed. Someday they will not be employed for whatever reason and they will experience it first hand. I am going to link your thread just in case anyone here has not read it.

UK unemployment scandal

Sorry paraphrased your title.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join