It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron declares war on welfare culture.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I wonder when cameron is going to declare war on banking fraud or tax evasion?

Seems Diamond the head of Barclays who should be awaiting trial along with his executives in prison whose manipulation of the interest rates may have cost many of the so called welfare scroungers on the dole and/or cost them their homes which is why they receive housing benefit anyhow

edit on 1-7-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

david cameron doesnt care about that, he probably benefitted from the corrupt bankers, and i doubt hes ever rented anything in his life.

its amazing that we leave our country in the hands of a man that managed to leave his 8yo daughter alone in a pub and didnt even notice till he got home

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Lets get this straight! The Conservatives/ Tories/ Lib dem, whatever they are want us to ' DIE ' Yes DIE, DIE as in brown bread, dead! Die.
They don't care about anyone other than themselves. They don't like people, infact I don't know what they wanted to be in government for? Oh, yes, because they want us to all die! We are just something they scrape off the bottom off of their shoes. They are sociopaths of the highest order and the stupid greedy people of the uk voted them in and that village idiot Boris, who coincedentally has a sister who is the editor of 'Lady' magerzine! Which if I remember rightly is full of pictures and adverts, nothing sensible in it at all!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
I wonder when cameron is going to declare war on banking fraud or tax evasion?

Seems Diamond the head of Barclays who should be awaiting trial along with his executives in prison whose manipulation of the interest rates may have cost many of the so called welfare scroungers on the dole and/or cost them their homes which is why they receive housing benefit anyhow

edit on 1-7-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

the focus imo will be on state benefit cheats. they (current crop) will not want to ruffle the feathers of the bankers too much lest the dirt be dished on them. as far as i can see, the pm (whoever party is in) must initially toe the line be it news corps,oil and the financial terrorists. focussing too much on the banking industry will result in heaps of crap for those attempting to uncover the sweet deals and monopolies at the heart of the system.
a bit like letting the tyres down on ones own bike before setting out for a long ride.
f.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Oxygenation

People who look for work and that are on low income should get help.
I'm talking about the scum who don't want to work or educate themselves .

2 totally different things.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

Such a low percentage of the population. You really think that is the problem in this country? That they are the ones who have bought this country to its knees and with little future available for the young?

It's just diversionary Tory right wing bull#. This austerity is all about destroying the safety net and taking away from all of us any remaining public assets. WAKE UP!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

How about the 20,000 soon to be ex servicemen that are about to become dole scroungers and homeless to save a fraction of what banking fraud has cost the nation.

Those in married quarters I have been told will be given a months notice to quit making their families homeless as well just as cameron announces he is to cut the housing benefit.

Heroes to scroungers before they even stop dodging bombs and bullets. Still Diamond is walking away with millions so that’s fair

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Oh here we go again. They are no more deserving/undeserving than anyone else thrown out of their jobs. We must look after everyone. They are not heroes!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
reply to post by Oxygenation

People who look for work and that are on low income should get help.
I'm talking about the scum who don't want to work or educate themselves .

2 totally different things.

Ironic that benefits are extended to those who don't look for work and are stripped from those looking to better themselves.

God bless America!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by colin42

Oh here we go again. They are no more deserving/undeserving than anyone else thrown out of their jobs. We must look after everyone. They are not heroes!
Who said they were more deserving? cameron who sat in the royal box with pal boris watching tennis while six more soldiers are killed is quick to call them heroes but in reality treats them like the rest of us, as zero's.

But you tell me where 20,000 people many of which have families will go? Where they will get jobs and where the homes are going to be found?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

They aren't heroes for dying in a job where the two main roles are to kill and be killed. That should be pretty clear to anyone who joins. Obviously Cameron & Co don't care, why would they?

They are going to be in a terrible position, like the rest of us, we really are all in it together not "civies" and "us" but as working people. I'm not trying to attack them(army personal), its just that I have had enough of the heroes tag for a job that revolves around killing people.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Why do you think many of our young sign up? Because they want to kill or they want to work?

The promise of learning a skill when their future looks bleak or non existant is why many join up

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Because our education system is defunct our job market pathetic and an underclass is allowed to just fail generation after generation and is blamed by everyone for this vicious circle instead of actually receiving help.

The education system should be teaching methodology not facts from early on i.e how to work problems out in the correct way.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

The EASIEST way to stop this is to END the ENTIRE SOCIAL SUPPORT SYSTEM the Government has established. I'm sorry, but it is the only FAIR way to stop it.

So you're happy to start paying 99% tax on everything you earn, while stepping over bodies in the street, needing armed guards to protect you when you go to get cash out of the bank?
How about the constant rolling news reports of children dying of cholera, the closure of medical facilities all across the country, the breakdown of society in general...

It's an EXTREMELY simplistic view you have, and you haven't taken into account how life was before social welfare systems were fought for. You've grown up and lived in a world where people who were desperate had at least some form of safety net, and now that those social welfare systems are already being cut back through austerity measures you're about to see disease rates increasing, crime increasing, policing being cut back, social health breaking down, increased homelessness...

Imagine all of that happening with NO social welfare system at all, as you propose.

If you end all social welfare systems you will be paying far more in an increasingly unstable country.

edit on 8-7-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

They aren't heroes for dying in a job where the two main roles are to kill and be killed. That should be pretty clear to anyone who joins. Obviously Cameron & Co don't care, why would they?

They are going to be in a terrible position, like the rest of us, we really are all in it together not "civies" and "us" but as working people. I'm not trying to attack them(army personal), its just that I have had enough of the heroes tag for a job that revolves around killing people.

They are British Lions lead and fed by pussies...

We are NOT heroes.. We are you, your sons, daughters who would LITERALLY die for YOU... Being called heroes is media bull not spread by US.. We actually find it embarrassing..

We have woken up too... And am about to do something the Army has not done since king Charles the first and demonstrate in London...

The Army is your strength, not your weakness.. Killing is our last resort... We do not love it.. But you have a responsibility too... That is to protect our country too from tyranny... Have you done that??? No... Are you going to do anything above writing to the editor of a paper or MP? Bitch about crap on the net?? No

Or support those that support YOU..

In the next few weeks your support will be called upon.. Will you act??? Or just continue spouting self righteous crap on the net rather than doing something real?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Because our education system is defunct our job market pathetic and an underclass is allowed to just fail generation after generation and is blamed by everyone for this vicious circle instead of actually receiving help.

The education system should be teaching methodology not facts from early on i.e how to work problems out in the correct way.

Spot on brother, sadly many (even on this very website) are of the "I got mine eff the rest mentality" staunchly beLIEving that everyone is capable of providing for themselves in this twisted society we've allowed to spawn.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Rich corporations and individuals collectively get away with dodging £95bn every single year.

UK Uncut

When compared the the 1 Billion that is claimed to be lost due to benefit cheats this begs the question, who does the UK government work for?

The winds are starting to blow and there are self proclaimed decision makers pulling faces at us all.

edit on 8-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
this is why we need population control unfortunately it's getting out of hand. Eventually there will be no way to take care of all the humans on this planet, they can't expect the governments to take care of everyone there is no way possible.

only thing to slow things down would be implement a 1 or 2 child per family limit. course it would be outrageous and never happen.

but that's the only foolproof way to stop this from being a worse issue and world wide famine and anarchy in the far future.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
this is why we need population control unfortunately it's getting out of hand. Eventually there will be no way to take care of all the humans on this planet, they can't expect the governments to take care of everyone there is no way possible.

only thing to slow things down would be implement a 1 or 2 child per family limit. course it would be outrageous and never happen.

but that's the only foolproof way to stop this from being a worse issue and world wide famine and anarchy in the far future.

Might be worth watching this...

edit on 8-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join