It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK airport evacuated after TSA agent's metal detector found to be unplugged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
JFK airport evacuated after TSA agent's metal detector found to be unplugged

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

NEW YORK – A terminal at New York's JFK Airport had to be evacuated and hundreds of passengers marched back through security screening Saturday, all because one Transport Security Administration (TSA) agent failed to realize his metal detector had been unplugged, sources said.

The stunning error led to hours of delays, two planes called back from the runway and infinite frustration for furious passengers.

"The truth is, this is the failure of the most basic level of diligence," a law-enforcement source said.

"How can you expect the public to feel confident of the mission of the TSA if they don't even know if the lights are turned on?"

The chaos at Terminal 7 was caused by screener Alija Abdul Majed, who had manned Lane No. 1 during the morning shift with no idea his metal detector had no juice, sources said.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

I don't even know why I'm sharing this lol. I guess it's to poke fun at TSA and the craziness that comes with them.

Fools!

This might be a stretch... but I'm guessing that Alija Abdul Majed no longer has a job. Just think about how much that costs to call back 2 plans and cause hours of delays... ouch!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I'd be a little bit worried as a passenger when the screeners name was Alija Abdul Majed. Lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
And the irony is that all of the security aparatus is just for show anyway and does absolutely no good in reality.

EmperorXyn, I would be more worried if the screener's name was Cheney.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Your right, the purpose of these devices is to only generate fear under the general public. They are now developing a laser that can scan for particular molecules. Wont be long until they have those machines scanning/profiling us, all in the name of pre-emptive defense.

source www.bbc.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Metal detectors can be seen everywhere in modern society that they are mainly applied in airports and many other public places where there are a large flow of people. They are used to detect the hidden metal objects on the people, such us guns and controlled knives, etc. Although metal detectors bring a lot of inconvenience to us, they are indispensable for the security of public safety.

new topics

top topics

join