It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undercover Reporter Infiltrates Security Firm to Expose London Olympics

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The Olympics are so high profile that anyone that wants to infamously display their message to the world can do it. I hope nothing happens this summer.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Stay away it's the beginning of ww3 but im only predicting
according to rumors

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I feel like something bad will happen during the summer Olympics, I hope i'm wrong though. It's mainly because of all the threads i've been seeing lately about all the security there adding, yet seeing it still being infiltrated.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

What makes you think it'll be the start of world war 3, better yet how?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The undercover reporter has revealed his true identity to be Ben Fellows:

"Ben Fellows, an acclaimed director who has worked with Stanley Kubrick. Fellows has also appeared in numerous popular television and theatre shows."

www.infowars.com...

“With all sincerity I’m now afraid that I might be in physical danger from G4S,” Fellows told Infowars, adding that he feared the mainstream media was about to launch a character assassination campaign. “My only protection is to go public…. I have done nothing wrong and I stand by everything that I have said,” added Fellows.

edit on 2-7-2012 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Another little snippet of news, which shows that a false flag incident is planned, appeared in the Daily Mail today.

Charlie Gilmour (son of Dave Gilmour) wrote an article about his recent time in prison.
In it he says -
"There are whispers of the London prisons being quietly cleared of all inmates above a certain risk level - violent criminals being replaced by docile fraudsters - in case there’s a breakout during the Games."

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... z200w2qd2n

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This is the thread that made me take the plunge to join ATS.
Last night, I was listening to a Radio phone in about security at the Olympics and I was shocked at many of the calls.
Apparently GS4 are way behind on training/vetting of security staff. One guy had his security pass forwarded to him and he hadn't been given a job, a woman e-mailed them 2 months ago to say she didn't want to continue with her application - but they were still e-mailing her as though she was going to be working for them, a couple of people had been thanked by e-mail for attending training they had not attended. etc etc.
Some people who had been employed as interviewers had left because the system was so shambolic.
These are typical errors that a large organisation would make, but GS4 aren't supplying mail order shopping, this is important stuff, and they've had years to sort it.
Anyway, I have been wondering about this mess, and concluded that LOCOG (an independant company based in Sweden who are running the Olympics) have ratcheted up their security requirements and GS4 have been wrong-footed by it.
The uk is on a high security alert as far as terrorism is concerned and because so much of the 'heavy' security is being covered by American organisations, GS4 were being apathetic, and just wanted to maximise profit by using cheap labour, but locog sussed them out.
Of course, the other option is that uk gvt want something to kick off so they can impose even more 'anti-terror' legislation on the population, but of course they wouldn't want that to happen, would they.
Why did London get the olympics? France won the bid but didn't want it.
I hope this post hasn't infringed anything - it is my first and I'm a bit 'fired up'

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The siting of surface to air missiles on roofs on London is in question.

news.uk.msn.com...

Plans to station surface-to-air missiles on the roof of a tower block during the Olympics could expose residents to a terrorist attack, the High Court was told on Monday.

Residents of the Fred Wigg Tower in Leytonstone, east London, are fighting to prevent the ground-based air defence system being deployed above their heads.

They are applying for permission to seek judicial review on the grounds their human rights have been breached because they were not consulted fairly and properly over the proposals.

edit on 9-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hey, looks like that reporter was not so far from the truth.

News tonight, and part of the BBC home page coverage.

"The UK's armed forces are on standby to provide an additional 3,500 troops to help with security at the 2012 London Olympics, the BBC has learned.

It comes amid fears that private contractor G4S would not be able to provide enough trained staff in time."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Another good decision by those in power, in charge of our money. Does this prove that schooling standards were so much better in years past, or maybe it was a decision by a new starter? Haha.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dowot
Hey, looks like that reporter was not so far from the truth.

News tonight, and part of the BBC home page coverage.

"The UK's armed forces are on standby to provide an additional 3,500 troops to help with security at the 2012 London Olympics, the BBC has learned.

It comes amid fears that private contractor G4S would not be able to provide enough trained staff in time."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Another good decision by those in power, in charge of our money. Does this prove that schooling standards were so much better in years past, or maybe it was a decision by a new starter? Haha.

Aha - I wonder if that was the plan all along - bring the troops in.
It's difficult to read these people, some things they do are just plain stoopid, other things are so stoopid, they wrong-foot us.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
There have been mainstream reports for at least the past year about 3,500 troops being involved. Is this a different 3,500 troops?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
These are army personnel to make up the shortfall that G4S has reported.

Seems that they have not been able to fully train security personnel in time for the games.

I think they were paid 300,000 for the work, I take it there's was the cheapest quote, now we know why.

To the tune of "Bees do it".. Bankers do it, Government does it, even G4S does it, lets do it, lets get it all wrong!
(I know that will only work with a certain age group)

edit on 11-7-2012 by dowot because: spelling

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1825114
There have been mainstream reports for at least the past year about 3,500 troops being involved. Is this a different 3,500 troops?

These are additional troops
www.bbc.co.uk...

The armed forces were already providing some 13,500 personnel - this could now reach 17,000, meaning summer leave for some troops will likely be cancelled.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
the uk government say they only knew about the security issue 4 days ago,well i made this thread over a fortnight ago and the reporeter contacted other places to be stonewalled im glad that this got out through alternative media for them to have started to do somthing,just a shame it has to come to this i hope EVERY G4S contract globaly is seriously looked at to see if tese cowboys are cutting corners elswere
edit on 14-7-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
G4S have to repay for troops and penalty

www.itv.com...< br />

G4S is facing a penalty payment of up to £20 million after it failed to supply the agreed number of security guards for the Olympics. The company is also meeting the full cost of deploying thousands of extra troops and stands to lose up to £50 million on its contract.

From ''The Sun'' but has relevant details
www.thesun.co.uk...

HERO soldiers could be asked to clean TOILETS at the Olympics after being drafted in to provide security.

The squaddies — including troops from axed battalion 5 Scots The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders — face having to carry out menial tasks following staff shortages

And heroes drafted in to keep the Olympics secure in the wake of the G4S scandal will have to live in TENTS, it was revealed last night.

Army bosses face the colossal task of housing the extra 3,500 troops with just two weeks to go before the Games begin.

Sources last night said the soldiers would have to rough it in “austere” conditions — tents or disused warehouses — and might even be expected to do menial tasks such as cleaning toilets at Olympics venues.

The plight of our brave boys — who have had to cancel leave to plug the massive gap left by blundering G4S — emerged as the security firm was yesterday accused of presiding over “an utter shambles”.

It was also revealed that the company was warned TWO YEARS ago it would not have the right manpower in time.

Despite this it pulled out of a deal with SAS hero Andy McNab’s ForceSelect recruitment firm to take on thousands more security guards.

The contract would have cost G4S £1.75million, but greedy bosses — whose Games security contract is worth £284MILLION — turned their backs on it to save cash.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Olympic 2012 Security Disaster G4S & Martial Law In London/thread

what you know first , always counts more , and yet still think - there is an element perhaps of wanting to seem corrupt or useless , and also a government pre-washing of hands via this method / privacy&enterprise status

i thought it was of note that hotels across the country are up to 90% down on bookings this year - the worlds tourists seem to think this tiny island will be taken over by the olympics .

the figures above , though , is that necessary to have 17 000 military there ? plus 3500 more??? _and g4s ?????maybe they need to fill the seats !

its a fifth of thetotal commandeers , 3500 also a proven number
edit on 14-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

do we not know how many that g4s are short or had to provide in the first place/that many links
edit on 14-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1825114

a 3500 year long cycle & the zion
ref//Immanuel Velikovsky
edit on 14-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: iv

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
the uk government say they only knew about the security issue 4 days ago,well i made this thread over a fortnight ago

the largest cme seen to date came out of the sun yesterday/today/ heard on newsround/ just looking for the thread

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
hello old thread

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join