It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe in Alex Jones?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Alex should listen to this presentation by Marshall McLuhan. (Part 1 is embedded below.)

One of Alex's problems is that he is operating on both radio and television (video) simultaneously. This is like trying to fry and boil an egg at the same time.

Radio is a hot medium and TV (video) is a cool medium. Their methodologies are diametrically opposed.

People don't think much about McLuhan these days but he was a giant. He had a remarkable insight into the future of media. Alex should read his books or at the very least, take in the following lecture.

edit on 14-7-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Here's another one for AJ fans:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretUnicorn

I like the guy, but I cant listen to him very long without getting bad headaches!! He has that Alien Species that affects the center of the fore-head. I just read the news from site..I cant take the live radio broadcast anymore.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by juliebeth

I like Robin Hood Myself!!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Alex Jones lulzity

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

His points are still valid, I think.

en.wikipedia.org...

The currency is certainly teetering on collapse. Stimulus and the hope for more stimulus is the only thing keeping this market alive right now.

I don't think another 9/11 terrorist attack could be pulled off. But we have certainly had an increase of shootings, Gifford specifically, that were targeted domestic terrorist attacks.Not to mention Norway.

Hillary was right up to the last minute, and Alex did call Mitt being the candidate simply because he was at the Bilderberg meetings.

I'm sure at the time as well, food was off the shelves.

Chechnya was in a war. Ironically; Al Qaeda was on their side against Russia (according to Wikipedia anyway) pre 9/11.
en.wikipedia.org...

His "predictions", or at least guesses based on current trends, aren't always the way you expect them to turn out. But they are far from uneducated predictions of the world ending or Jesus returning in March.

He provides everything free, and only asks his supports to spend if they can.

Can't say he's always right (who is?) but I can't say he isn't worth listening too. He still provides news stories.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
As I read the many postings to this thread, I was once again reminded that although people will admit that AJ lies and spreads propaganda, they continue to watch his videos and or listen to his blather at every opportunity as if it does not matter.

On the other hand, when I was confident that the allegations against AJ being connected to STRATFOR were valid, I immediately stopped listening to any videos, stopped going to his web site and in effect stopped listening to anything this agent of Israel says or promotes.

What continues to concern me is that there are those sites that will admit that AJ has some questions to answer, but of course such web sites continue to promote AJ and or interview him and or run his articles and videos on their web sites as if it does not matter that AJ is a traitor to this nation and everything decent and American.

Continuing to have anything to do with AJ is where I feel more could be done to send a message that being a liar, a govt. shill and cointellpro agent of Israel is not what freedom loving Americans should be watching or listening to.

I learned a while back that the best solution to fighting back against the likes of AJ is to stop supporting anything to do with him or his sites or his commercial endorsers, because if you want to truly impact the world of AJ and send a real message, then stop listening, watching or having anything to do with him or the web sites that promote AJ.

If associating with a person like AJ does not stop, then AJ will never stop being who he is, nor will AJ ever stop the current level of disinformation and propaganda that his site and team of newscaster wannabees seem to always be cranking out daily as if to overwhelm and even drive what alternative media gets to read or report about.

Sell the lies, sell the merchandise, but never demand that AJ answer for his crimes. This is how those that do business with AJ view it, but in my world, anyone, any business, any web site that promotes any of Jones daily dribble of main stream rehashed news articles, needs to know that there is a price to pay for associating with the enemies of America and my viewership will be given to those that exhibit some level of ethical behavior, because without it, we are in effect paying AJ to be the dis-info agent his is and to me, I never want to give a penny to anyone who is for himself first and the interests of Israel over the interests of America.

AJ is a complicit con-man, but his also an agent of Israel and anyone who ignores that truth is ignoring the truth.

I say enough is enough. Shut out AJ and let it be known that his type of fake Americanism is why America is in trouble and that willingly aligning with Israel instead of the interests of America is where AJ lost my complete support.

I only ask that you never forget about the STRATFOR allegations, because if you do, then you have allowed AJ to get away with what he has done and who he did it for, while claiming to stand for freedom and the interests of America.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
While I am aware of the controversy surrounding Alex Jones you got to admit he does get some pretty good interviews every once in a while and that's why I listen to his show. I think he goes too far with the whole globalist new world order thing, the term globalist is like the word terrorist, its an empty term to describe a group of people that he thinks exist, yet I've never heard him call these people out by name, he probably doesn't even know who they are and just assumes that there is a group of people who want to rule the world.

And also this whole Christian bull# that AJ believes in kinda hurts his credibility, to me atleast. Here's a guy parading himself as some ultimate in the know muckraker who supposedly has an enormous level of awareness, yet he doesn't see through the biggest propaganda tales ever told in history, Christianity?
edit on 31-7-2012 by RadioactiveRob because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Alex Jones has done a lot of good thru the guests he has had on his show (Infowars) and the topics covered. That being said...he reminds me of a TSA agent. Certainly not smart enough (couldnt even get thru a 4 yr university) to do the extensive research that he would have to do to run his program. I just heard him live on air dis a guy who was going to mention the name of a book that had the premise of 911 being some kind of death cult ritual and AJ put the guy on hold and ranted about not screening calls (creating the impression that he did not want to "plug the book") then he brings the guy back and the caller responds that the name of the book was not that important but was incidental to his point (then AJ rants some more about now he and all of the listeners want to know the name of the book) and then brings the caller back on again and then immediately interrupts him before he can give the book's name (at first he didnt want to go against the grain w AJ) and says "thank you for your call. I guess it just wasnt meant to be (revealing the name of the book)." What a boor. I had to disconnect frorm his show at that point.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Like what other members have said it because lots of conspiracy theorists want to believe, just like a Catholic wants to believe in God. When I say conspiracy theorists what I really mean is those for whom conspiracy has become religion for them there is a maleficent omnipotent entity called the NWO and a saviour, their collected “intelligence and resilience” against their perceived evil doer. Alex Jones forms part of this religion he is a symbol and preacher of this resilience against the NWO and that is why they chose to believe, he is the bibles version of a profit to them. The psychology if you think about it between religious faith and conspiracy zealous is very similar as is the historical context they present their faith with

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
For me - I dont believe a word the man says - but he does produce evidence that is hard to ignore unless you are ignorant that is. or believe in lies, or have a pie in the sky vision of communistic eutopian bless.
edit on 26-11-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
You know, it is rather funny. He preaches to go out and "look at the evidence for yourself," but he shoots himself in the foot by doing that. The last few times that I have actually spent the time to go do this, I've found vastly more evidence AGAINST what he is saying, rather than FOR it. The latest example is the quack that he had on there helping him to push his "Alex Pack" and all these damn supplements that he tries to sell, also trying to get people to get in under him on the MLM BS. After looking up statistics, facts, and then supplementing that with a few opinions about the kind "doc" himself, I came to the conclusion that this doc is indeed quite the quack, and AJ is either 1) being snowballed himself and is too stupid to realize it or 2) is also attempting to snowball the public into buying things that are not only not necessary, but potentially harmful.

AJ is selling an idea. He is selling the idea that it is you against the man, and the man wants to keep you down. Thats all.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join