It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe in Alex Jones?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I think people NEED a hero. They're desperately seeking a rebel, a Robin Hood type figure. Alex, with his 'deep sincerity' and excellant skill in rhetoric, wears the veneer of a man aghast at what is happening under the surface of his society. Is he building up a fan-base to run for office, I wonder? Even more money to be made THERE!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
He constantly yells. It's a common tactic to make people fearful of what you're discussing- just yell about it. The fearful will then believe all you say.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Why do people believe in Alex Jones?

....Because there are loads of witnesses, tons of tapes, official documents such as radio station employment contracts and even a woman proclaiming to be his wife all of which clearly PROVE that Alex Jones exists.

This idea that Alex Jones doesn't exist is ridiculous.

What a crappy thread!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What are some examples of the lies Alex tells. This is not a jab at disbelievers, I'm trying to learn here. I just see claims with nothing to prove them. Much of his info is backed up with documents and links. Of course I don't just blindly belive. I do my own research.

Not believing in evolution doesn't discredit the focus of his message...world goverment, banksters, corruption, the econmy, ect.

And as far as Jones being crazy, I think anyone as deep in this crap as he is would go mental.

Someone set me straight. I would love to learn that he's fake so I can get some rest and go back to sleep with the rest of America.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Chi-and-Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretUnicorn

why do people follow the pope? He gives just enough truth to lead people astray.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chi-and-Me
What are some examples of the lies Alex tells. This is not a jab at disbelievers, I'm trying to learn here. I just see claims with nothing to prove them. Much of his info is backed up with documents and links. Of course I don't just blindly belive. I do my own research.

Not believing in evolution doesn't discredit the focus of his message...world goverment, banksters, corruption, the econmy, ect.

And as far as Jones being crazy, I think anyone as deep in this crap as he is would go mental.

Someone set me straight. I would love to learn that he's fake so I can get some rest and go back to sleep with the rest of America.

Search Alex Jones Y2K lies for starters and get out the popcorn cause it's going to be a while....
edit on 5-7-2012 by JoshRandall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I enjoy listening to AJ occasionally. I can think for myself so if he brings up something that gets my attention I go and research it on my own and come to my own conclusions.

If any Alex Jones haters have someone else that isn't boring to listen to and brings attention to similar topics covered by AJ, I'd like to hear your recommendations.

It's just a radio show, an entertaining radio show that covers topics from different angles than boring MSM does. Radio talk show hosts WANT more listeners and are prone to sensationalism or stunts whether it's a comedic morning radio show like Mancow or Stern or a political talk radio show like Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage or Alex Jones. Once you get passed whatever personal agendas they may have which is mainly more listeners & larger syndication, then you can listen without judgement and enjoy the entertainment and when something is said that piques your interest then do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

In all honesty I've learned a lot from listening to Alex Jones and doing my own research to verify topics he's brought up on his show.

Again I ask, if any Alex Jones haters have someone else that isn't boring and covers similar topics as AJ then I'd like to hear your recommendations. ...I'm waiting.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What utter sh*t Alex Jones talks, he doesn't know f*ck about Charles Darwin or the man he was or about evolution in general.

As for his comments on genetics, sweeping generalizations is a friggin understatement!

Jones followers are mindless idiots who have swapped one golden calf for another.

edit on 5-7-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by juliebeth
I think people NEED a hero. They're desperately seeking a rebel, a Robin Hood type figure. Alex, with his 'deep sincerity' and excellant skill in rhetoric, wears the veneer of a man aghast at what is happening under the surface of his society. Is he building up a fan-base to run for office, I wonder? Even more money to be made THERE!

"excellant skill in rhetoric"....WTF? I wouldn't call it that, maybe to some lobotomized redneck he sounds like he has the gift of the gab, to me he sounds like a brow-beating egotistical bully who can't speak for 2 minutes without telling a lie, and is about as eloquent as a farting pit bull terrier.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chi-and-Me

There are lots and lots of examples of Jones lying. His form of diatribe is so full of inconsistencies, contains inaccurate generalizations, quote mining(as in he'll quote some person or document and there's no way you can check it), skewed opinions that are just that, opinions, not facts. Really, all you have to do is listen to Jones in a critical frame of mind, remember that because you hear a person say something in an authoritative, convincing or forceful tone it does not mean that what they are saying is truthful.

I'll give you an example: Jesse Ventura's conspiracy show, the episode about the Gulf oil spill.
Jones makes an appearance, he meets Ventura in an alleyway, it's like a scene from the movies we've all seen 100's of times.
Jones tells Ventura about the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska, March '89, and how "pretty much all the cleanup workers(involved in that operation)are dead" having died from health problems related to what chemicals they were exposed to during the cleanup.
While Jones is saying this to Ventura a column of text flashes on the screen making what he's saying look more factual, this is baloney and it's exactly how Jones operates, he and his editors/producers don't expect you(the audience) to actually get off your ass and check to see if what he is saying is the truth. He/they just want you to lap it up as it reinforces the main topic of the show. Much of Jones material on his radio show is presented in the same glossed-over way, small 'facts' supporting his main gist that nobody will ever check. These 'facts' may have a hint of truth to them all the same, textbook propaganda.
I did check(why I did is simple, you can't make a grandiose statement like that without proving it, in my books anyway, most of what what comes out of Jones mouth are grandiose statements, plus more than 11,000 Alaska residents, along with some Exxon employees, worked on that cleanup, all dead are they?).
Firstly, the column of text shown while Jones and Ventura talk is from a CNN report(I think, it's been a while). Secondly, the(CNN) report was complete rubbish and caused an slew of complaints when they(CNN) originally broadcast it. Thirdly, I checked, most of the cleanup workers involved in the Exxon Valdez oil spill are as alive and well as any other demographic in the US considering that event took place 23 years ago(I verified this by first researching the original report CNN broad casted and that lead me eventually to a blog by a health care worker who lives and works in Alaska, she has many of the EV cleanup workers as patients, don't me ask for a link, I did this research one coffee fulled night two years ago, look it up yourself if you're so inclined).
The people who watched that show were lied to, misled and deceived, concerning that particular piece of info anyways.(I actually heard a couple of people quote Jones on this example in person and when I told them the contrary they dismissed what I was saying, I mean who am I to question AJ? Those cleanup workers are dead, all of 'em, and that's that! This can be typical of Jones fans, and you'll see this time and time again here on ATS). Don't believe me? Watch the show I'm referencing and see for yourself.

People always compare Jones to the MSM, making the claim that he is the obvious and superior alternative, well here's something numbnuts: unless you're actually checking and validating what information he's spouting then you might as well be listening to anybody, mainstream or not, and as I've shown above, when it suits him Jones will actually quote and source his information from the dreaded MSM(whom he repeatedly denounces as deceitful scumbags) even when it is a lie, folks I don't care what you say that is hypocritical and indefensible. So how ya like them apples?

BTW the whole 'awake-asleep' rhetoric is polarized, knuckle-headed jargon for people who are either too lazy or too stupid to actually use their minds for themselves without having somebody like Jones telling them what to think. Of course this is wholly my own opinion, and I couldn't give a rats ass if people don't like it.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

1) he doesn't believe in evolution. (smart people would accept it as already accepted FACT). more dislikes than likes.

To believe anything, is to voluntarily blind yourself. Don't ever believe anything. There is no reason to. We humans have so many useful tools at our disposal, that it'd be sheer madness throwing them away like that. There's trust, faith, accepting/rejecting as the truth, taking into consideration, pondering, wondering, processing, researching, finding out, knowing, et cetera (I am sure anyone could continue this list for a long time). But there is never a need to BELIEVE.

Evolution is not a fact (except spiritual evolution). It's a theory, an unproven, very logical-sounding theory, but still just a theory.

The facts do not actually support the evolution theory. All Darwin saw in the Galapacos Islands was MICROevolution, and he simply -assumed- (jumped into a conclusion, very unscientifically!) that with long enough time, MACROevolution would also be possible. It's very easy to go along with this reasoning, but it isn't true, and it can't be true.

I am going to transcribe from audio into text, what a researcher had to say about it - I am not sure about his name, as it is pronounced so unclearly, but it sounds like "Loyd Pine" or something like that.

---- Transcript starts ----

"The problem with that theory is that there is no science that can verify it as actually being possible for that to occur. You would need for a first living thing, millions, perhaps hundreds of thousands at a minimum, perhaps millions at a maximum, of lipids (?) to make a membrane to hold that living thing. You would need sidoplasm or something to give it substance within it's body. You would need five to ten strands of DNA at a minimum to do the housekeeping required, to take nourishment from the environment, and to put waste back out from the body when the nourishment had been turned into energy. It would have to be able to reproduce itself ad infinitum. All of that has to happen AT ONCE. It can't happen piecemeal, it can't be put together in parts.

So when you just look at the very beginnings of life, you see that Darwinism isn't possible. Furthermore, in the ongoing fossil record that we have for subsequent formation of life and species, they never developed one from another. That's what Darwin postulated, that macroevolution would be possible, that seaworms could turn into fish, fish could turn into amphibians, amphibians could turn into reptiles, reptiles could turn into mammals and birds, that gills could turn into lungs, that fins could turn into limbs -- there is no evidence of ANY of that, and yet it is absolutely required by Darwin's theory.

All that Darwin saw on the Galapacos was microeveolution, which is evolution in parts of bodies - and he just assumed, he just guessed, he projected, that whole bodies could change, given enough time. It was logical - it is logical, it just simply is not born out by the facts. We've had a hundred and forty years to look for those - that evidence - it's not there, it's not going to be there, that's not how life develops on Earth.

Life seems to be - if you read the fossil record fairly and truly - life seems to be brought here in great loads, in great amounts, it is as if the Earth is being Terraformed by some superior entity or entities somewhere else - but there seems to be a conscious ongoing program of development of life on Earth - but it is not being developed here, in and of itself, in the Terrestrial - strictly withing the Terrestrial bounds.

There is some kind of outside intervention occurring, whether that is interpreted as Extra-Terrestrial or Divine, it's up to the individual, but it is not happening entirely here. "

--------- Transcript ends -----------------

I hope you are more enlightened and less 'believing' about your theory of 'Evolution' after reading this.

About Alex Jones - I don't really know what to think about him, he makes some good points, but he seems to be fearmongering a heck of a lot for someone who wants to encourage constructive change in the world, and he certainly isn't informing people about what they can do - and what they have already done.. he's not telling them about "person" (also known as "strawman"), the difference between LAWFUL and LEGAL, or any of the ways people have actually voluntarily given up their rights - even those people who constantly talk about them. THAT is why the "Elite" were laughing at Alex Jones' screaming about "The answer to 1984 is 1776" (or whatever) - because the people were not forcefully enslaved, they enslaved themselves by performing joinders, identifying with their "person" (with the SSN), "applying", "registering", "submitting".. in other words, by signing papers they shouldn't have, and by believing they need a driver's license to travel by automobile..

And so on.

So, I don't think any of those "big names" are completely reliable, but they can be entertaining.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretUnicorn

1) he doesn't believe in evolution. (smart people would accept it as already accepted FACT). more dislikes than likes.

Also - if it is a FACT, why would anyone have to BELIEVE in it? Wouldn't it something people could easily KNOW?

Only lies need people to believe in them. Truth doesn't. And especially FACTS don't, because they can be easily verified by anyone. It sounds pretty religious when you talk about believing and facts at the same time - could it be that you do it because you are not very sure of that "fact" yourself?

And rightly so. If there is a seed of doubt about evolution, that makes you use the word "believe" instead of terms like: "realize it to be true" or "verify this fact for himself", or "know it to be true" or "prove it to himself" or "rejects this fact" or "doesn't accept this to be true" - then good, because there very well should be.

Darwin's logical, but untrue theories have never been proven, they have never been and will never be facts. They are very tempting and logical theories - but they are just theories that have nothing to do with how things really are. You obviously rather BELIEVE than INVESTIGATE and KNOW. That is your right - you have the right to be wrong..

By the way, I don't like your emotional rhetoric - or should it be called 'polarization by shaming language'? When you say "smart people would accept it" (though here you change the "believe" into "accept" - why such a change? Why didn't you use the word 'accept' all along?).

That's completely unnecessary. Why do you say it in this exact way? Could it be that you want people to be scared that they would appear dumb if they didn't agree with you? Could you be manipulating your reader audience? Why would it matter what "smart people" do or don't do? Isn't it more important what the TRUTH is than what the "smart people" believe or accept?

A lot of questions, to which I don't think you will provide answers. But that's okay.. it's enough if you just think and process them within yourself. That is really enough for me.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
so far my take on it is the cabala know by writing and publishing the scenario they want it gives power to the desired out come

did you hear about the Oklahoma bombing: the mayor's brother released a book not too long before the event, it describes the event, EVEN the same name's

same with 911 etc... someone publishes it before the event

humans create their reality, our spirit is The Creation, what we think is what we get, we get what we deserve

its important to be positive: i read infowars but i dont feel down, a strong spirit is vital, i can see things how they are but i decide what affects me! no one else and i be like Kirk and Spock with logic/no fear

i could change my mind about Alex but its not likely, i feel bad for some reason when i say it so maybe he is a pawn like many others or he is a guy i want to like, he is such yank eh eh, anyway like Assange he is in lame stream media often but is informative so i find it hard not to read it

consider this:
dont watch crap like war stuff, watch what you want to be, Star Treker
your brain is doing what it sees
believe in yourself, your spirit is eternal

i am you and you are me

when you goto bed say this in your mind, i ask my spirit to remember my dreams when i wake up
also at any time say this in your mind, i ask my spirit and The Creation to release me from confusion

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I don't think anyone believes Everything he says.
I watch and listen to him quite a lot.
I then look into what he has to say...if need be.

He puts more truth out there than crap.

Watch the obama deception or fall of the republic.
Full of facts.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I used to read him all the time. But too many 'alerts' came and went and too many 'prophecies' ... So I stopped. I don't have an opinion one way or the other about him personally. But I just don't bother with him anymore ...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

Fact or theory, aside from the semantics, evolution is a proven process, shown by countless studies within genetics, developmental biology, paleontology, the fossil record and on and on. The 'theory' aspect is that many different fields of scientific study support the evolutionary process, and taken wholly they all concur. As for the 'fact' of evolution, science is not an absolute certainty but a collaborative effort between different disciplines, geology, botany, ecology etc, in order to understand the world around us. In other words a process such as evolution can never be described as a fact, that is just childish semantics usually propagated by people who are entrenched in their simplistic belief systems, the same can be said of those who say evolution is a lie or an untruth.

In the OP's video Alex Jones is talking horsesh*t with regards to evolution, diluted inaccurate biased generalizations for the simple minded listener to grunt in agreement to.

I've seen a video where Jones even says he talks to God and God tells him to do stuff. People say things like 'I listen to him but I don't take him seriously' or 'Most of what he says is true', I say to those people wise up, you're being subjected to propaganda, the whole 'truth' movement is being manipulated by people like Jones, behind his diatribe there is a subtext that is not patently obvious, but it's there, what his real motives are I don't know, it could be just fame and profit and notoriety, it may be something far more nefarious, go figure.

edit on 9-7-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by Shoujikina

Fact or theory, aside from the semantics, evolution is a proven process, shown by countless studies within genetics, developmental biology, paleontology, the fossil record and on and on. The 'theory' aspect is that many different fields of scientific study support the evolutionary process, and taken wholly they all concur. As for the 'fact' of evolution, science is not an absolute certainty but a collaborative effort between different disciplines, geology, botany, ecology etc, in order to understand the world around us. In other words a process such as evolution can never be described as a fact, that is just childish semantics usually propagated by people who are entrenched in their simplistic belief systems, the same can be said of those who say evolution is a lie or an untruth.

In the OP's video Alex Jones is talking horsesh*t with regards to evolution, diluted inaccurate biased generalizations for the simple minded listener to grunt in agreement to.

I've seen a video where Jones even says he talks to God and God tells him to do stuff. People say things like 'I listen to him but I don't take him seriously' or 'Mot of what he says is true', I say to those people wise up, you're being subjected to propaganda, the whole 'truth' movement is being manipulated by people like Jones, behind his diatribe there is a subtext that is not patently obviosus, but it's there, what his real motives are I don't know, it could be just fame and profit and notoriety, it may be something far more nefarious, go figure.

re:
I've seen a video where Jones even says he talks to God and God tells him to do stuff

are you sure it was Alex?
either he is mind controlled or delusional

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by canyouhandletruth

Yes it was Jones he slides God and his personal relationship with him into his rants every now and again.

Check this for a whack job rant, I've researched some on '___' and Jones is spouting completely insane rubbish here, but note how he repeatedly comments "I'm not saying any of this is real", a nice little get out clause. '___' has been used by shamans for thousands of years, but Jones demonizes it's use here adding that the "Bible says don't take it", I don't like that, this is pure propaganda. Infact Jones likes to roll any esoteric spiritual practices into his "occult" bundle and denounce it all as "pure evil", is there an agenda here? You tell me. That there are people out there who believe this man is disturbing.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm a fan of Alex Jones and I believe that he has done a lot of good work. On the issue of 9/11 and the rise of the security state in the US I think he has been an invaluable asset to the American people. He's a pioneer of the alternative media and has been so successful in that niche that he is even making it onto the mainstream in prime time occasionally as a guest spokesperson.

Having said that, I think he has reached a critical juncture in his career. The fact that he is introducing alternate hosts and presenters on his broadcasts show that he is aware of the situation and is taking action to reduce the association of his material and information, which is often very important with his personality, which is problematic for a person in his position.

I think he's on top of the problem and if he is, I congratulate him on that.

I'm not going to go into a psychoanalysis of Alex or mention his quirks. We all know what those are. I just want to say that, like a Boeing 767, that can't go 500 mph at sea level because the fans in its engines can't process that much dense air, Alex can't go 500 mph in 500 different directions, through every interview.

Even his fans can't deal with it.
edit on 14-7-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I also am a fan of Jones, in the respect that I think he is called (by GOD) to speak out & expose the false.
He does get carried away sometimes (but I think this is just his being passionate about what he believes). I don't listen as often as I used to but I think he is following a pre destined path and has opened a lot of people's eyes to what is really going on in the world (myself included).
I admire his courage & applaud his efforts.

edit on 14-7-2012 by J7IST1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join