It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

turkish jet in international waters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
according to bbc news turkish miltary says its jet strayed briefly into syrian airspace, otherwise it was in international waters most of the time when it was shot down, british foregn minister is deeply concerned over the findings.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Even if the plane was over international waters it is irrelevant. When that plane crossed over into Syrian airspace without permission they had every right to bring it down.
edit on 24-6-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

yes i totally agree with you, why on earth are turkey letting their aircraft near their airspace, turkey know how volitile the syrians are right now, or have turkey got an agenda? with all the rest of nato mmm?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, how is a plane shot down, whilst maintaining a safe landing?

I assume they didn't just kill everyone on the plane right?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

eh? sorry i dont understand

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
Just out of curiosity, how is a plane shot down, whilst maintaining a safe landing?

ejected?

I think there were 2 on board. This was a military Jet. Probably brought down with a SAM. Once you have a confirmed missile launch you get out of the plane and watch it explode. Then you land on the ground and try to hide for as long as possible.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Even if the plane was over international waters it is irrelevant. When that plane crossed over into Syrian airspace without permission they had every right to bring it down.

Nope. They had a right to bring it down in Syrian airspace, but not over International waters.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Just saw the breaking news about it that the plane was found in international waters
this is not a good news they can twist the story so bad now
and this incident might be the start of a war ..

now we can all say it is inevitable 100% sure
that soon again .. US, Nato and Israel and other puppet .. i mean allies will go into war with Syria
and very likaly Iran will also get bombarded the crap out of them
now that us know how good is syrian air defense .. they will changes their tactics
they needed to know what would happen to that plane

this only means 1 things
remember in old time before big armies go to wars with each others
they send a quick SCOUT kind of a suicide mission
to take precious inteligence of the defense ..
and now that the scout was shot down .. it is a clear sign of wars

+ it motivates the troops to avenge their fallen NATO brother
this is why article 5 was made

This reconnaissance plane was a SET UP

and how come it is so far aways after being shot down
the AA was no missile defense just normal ammo for planes .. just a big gun

wake up everyone .. so many holes already regarding this invident that could create a big war

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

i think the jet was over the sea in syria airspace, then it moved back into international waters where it was hit and destroyed whatever destroyed it was fired when the jet was in syrian waters, no sign of the people that flew the thing though

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by Just Chris

ejected?

I think there were 2 on board. This was a military Jet. Probably brought down with a SAM. Once you have a confirmed missile launch you get out of the plane and watch it explode. Then you land on the ground and try to hide for as long as possible.

Ahh yes, for a second then I was under the impression it was a passenger jet!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

yes i agree with you on that, this could trigger the war that could destroy us all! 2012 uh?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by buster2010

Nope. They had a right to bring it down in Syrian airspace, but not over International waters.

That's what I said.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I don't understand why Syria had to shoot it down? It was only one single fighter jet.

Fighter jets don't fly alone when they are on a mission, most of the time they fly in squadrons. Why didn't Syria try to establish communications with the jet or the Turkish air force before taking the drastic measure of shooting it down?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by vister74

Turkey has made a habbit out of flying in other countrie's airspace.In Greece they do that everyday.
www.geetha.mil.gr...

A few years back they even shot a Greek jet and the pilot was killed.

They thought that Syrians would not react.I follow the story since it started and the turkish goverment has changed the statements,in my opinion according to the finds.
First they said that the violation was a mistake,due to the incredible high speeds,the pilots didn't notice that they weren't in Turkish airspace anymore.
Then they say that the jet was doing a test flight for some new radar system.
FYI the jet was having some camera equipment attached to it,but they keep saying that it had nothing to do with the Syria having trouble at the time.
What did they expect?A country with serious trouble,in the brig of war and a jet from a NATO country flying over?I mean who's going to believe them?

BTW they found today the Turkish jet in Syrian waters.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Sorry, but this has to be said..... This isn't G.I. Joe where you eject as soon as they shoot at you.
I know, I had to.

There are multiple ways to defeat a SAM. You do everything you can to defeat/avoid the missile. Ejecting should be the LAST thing you do, and only after you are hit and have no choice.

As for the aircraft, it was found 6 miles off the Syrian coast in over 3000 feet of water. It appears to have been hit in or very close to Syrian airspace, and flew for several minutes before crashing into the ocean.

Turkish search-and-rescue teams found the wreckage of the fighter jet in the Mediterranean Sea on Sunday, about 1,300 meters (4,260 feet) underwater, he said.

They have not reached the wreck yet, he added. There was no word about survivors of the two-man crew.

The Syrian military shot down the plane Friday as it flew just off the Mediterranean coast, Syria said. A Syrian military spokesman said anti-aircraft artillery shot down what was an unidentified aircraft that entered its airspace at a very low altitude and high speed.

While on fire, the jet fell into the sea 10 kilometers, or more than six miles, from the shore of the town of Um Al-Tuyoor, the spokesman said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

that sounds about accurate

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
As for the aircraft, it was found 6 miles off the Syrian coast in over 3000 feet of water. It appears to have been hit in or very close to Syrian airspace, and flew for several minutes before crashing into the ocean.

Where are the pilots?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I don't understand why Syria had to shoot it down? It was only one single fighter jet.

Fighter jets don't fly alone when they are on a mission, most of the time they fly in squadrons. Why didn't Syria try to establish communications with the jet or the Turkish air force before taking the drastic measure of shooting it down?

Because there are very bad people in control there. They kill kids and old woman too.

Oh BTW, just saying. >u

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by USN1983

As of my last update, not found yet. There was a report that an empty ejection seat has been found, but unconfirmed.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vister74

Sounds about right to me .

More like this though. The aviators for what ever reason might have drifter over to Syrian air space. The driver realizes that he has been painted, (Not much time to think at this point.) less than 30 secs to launch. The driver punches it to the the safe zone. The Wep driver deploys the counter measures, ECM, flairs etc. at this time the missile is in play , game on. The missile left the pad not to long after they were painted, it caught up with them as they entered safe zone or were in the safe zone. The F4 driver for sure notified the command the second he was painted. I'm sure Turkey has the track as well. This Aircraft was not shot down by conventional ADA weapons, more like a Sam.

edit on 24-6-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join