It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more worship of the troops

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by biggmoneyme

like I said...i'll repeat it for you.

War is MULTIFACETED.

Military Operations are ONE facet.

Even with no military, War will continue.

as a matter of fact...all countries are already reducing / restructuring their military as they are impractical in the modern world. but no one believes in the fairy tale of no war because it is not sane.

that NATO operation in Afghanistan has gone on for 11 years; longer than WWI and II combined and military operations play a minimal role.

the only reason people need to be able to blame soldiers is because if they don't; they have to blame themselves.

and y'all are never wrong.

No, i don't agree with you any more than I did on page 2.

But, my friend, you present the most reasoned and least emotional discussion on this topic I have ever seen. Just wanted to take a moment to recognize what seems to be a man amongst ATS boys.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I was going through my past Facebook timeline, and came across a video I'd linked from YouTube last year.

It highlights the parallels that exist between contemporary America and Canada, and Nazi Germany. It also clearly shows the role that adulation of the military has played in both cases.

One should look to what is more closely related to Nazi Germany today. Some research before starting your thread you might save us from having a glimpse into your unfounded personal viewpoints or is that the entire premise?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Unfortunately they want you out of the way because you think for yourself.The eastern armies are also indoctrinated in the words "Might makes right" without defenses they would take what you have,kill you or enslave you.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Easy to say, " the devil made me do it" that way...how does he pay....$$$

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

I do not believe it is a secret that Hitler spoke of his fondness of the Muslim soldier, and had them as his operatives (both in Europe and abroad). Some say that Hitler had a role in the founding of modern Wahabbism.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage

Originally posted by michaelbrux
Some of you military bashers need to put your heads on straight.

Fact: Politicians and Lawmakers and by extension the people that elected them are responsible for the wars.

the soldiers that fight in them do what is asked of them and are not capable starting a war;

And if nobody joined the military, they'd have nobody to send.

..except for those bent on coming to the U.S. and killing you, your family and taking everything you have. Other than that, I guess we don't need a military if you can talk them into not destroying us. Perhaps you will do better than Obama. He tried and failed....again, and again, and again.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

Unfortunately they want you out of the way because you think for yourself.The eastern armies are also indoctrinated in the words "Might makes right" without defenses they would take what you have,kill you or enslave you.

Yeah but, these people for some reason think that it wouldnt happen!

So again, i say away with us.

Note: i never asked for any type of worship to begin with cav. I dont get where they are comng from with that BS to begin with.

Still, let us disband, and let the people fight for themselves. Im sure they all have some kind of special training to deal with the world.

Oh snap!!!! Maybe they think nobody wants to invade us!! Wow ... That cant be the case..... Smdh. They would kill us all.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Just face the facts, 80 % of the world is trained to kill and that's what they have been brainwashed to do, to fill the pockets of those controlling you all with strings! It is no rocket science to see this!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by stanguilles7

By attrition of Al Quaida in Afghanistan and Pakistan where ever detected them we kill them.This has been a largely chaotic mission against an asymmetrical enemy that has had free reign to do as it pleases.Up to and including playing on western sympathies by hiding amongst civilians.It has been a success.However in doing so we have alienated Muslims who are of the opinion we hate them all when in fact I don't and most are in agreement.
We are now moving into a second cold war with China,with an operational and doctrinal shift to the Pacific to engage in a confrontation while the middle east is being put back in NATOS lap as Iran is to implode before they get nuke or we will destroy their abilities.
The Brotherhood thing to Israel is a bad idea and they are just showing a strong face I'm sure

you know what...i don't give jacks**t about HOW MUSLIMS WILL FEEL. does anyone think they care about the western world?...they are stuck in the 7th century, they don't care about freedom, human rights, or progress. they care about only one thing...to convert all of the world to islam, and kill whoever doesn't convert...they say it over and over, they write about it over and over, they practice it over and over, they teach it in their madrassas to their children over and over endlessly.
look at the people that are native to countries in europe...the larger the populations of immigrant muslims, the worse those civilized societies get.
and the ones that come to america to escape that repressive culture, when push come to shove...who do you think they will side with?....christians?...mormons?...atheists?... buddists?... taoists? NO...because every country where their populations have grown, close to, or, a majority, they get rid of the indigenous belief structures of that country...look at malaysia, prime example, look at india, another one with growing problems, look at countries in africa, look at the southeastern countries of europe...it been happening everywhere on this globe and... YOU.... are afraid of alienating them???

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGrunt

Just face the facts, 80 % of the world is trained to kill and that's what they have been brainwashed to do, to fill the pockets of those controlling you all with strings! It is no rocket science to see this!

What??

80% is a bit high dont you think. Less than 2% of america is trained to kill.
Whats this brain washing you speak of?
Whos pockets?
What strings?

I agree its not rocket science to see this, maybe some kind of drugs though.

Ehhh..... CAV whats he talking about? Geeezzz...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Jingoism and blind patriotism should be taken out back to the woodshed.

There's no room for either in today's world.

Then again, people are like lemmings nowadays, so willing to brown-nose others.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek
It’s real easy to sit back in your cozy little room, with your cozy lap top and Wi Fi and your cozy little TV watching Jon Stewart and CNN and drinking your bottled water, taking your kids to their soccer games, meeting friend’s and eating at Applebee’s, driving your SUV with your save the Whales they’re people too sticker, texting on your cell phone while looking for an APP for your I Pad, while bitching cuz your AC doesn’t seem cold and wanting to slip into your hot tub with your glass of Viognier, while bitchin cuz the cable went out and you will miss the latest rerun of sex in the city and getting aggravated cuz the kids are gunna need some attention from you cuz the Play Station won’t work and the house keeper left and now your “partner” will be home soon and will want some attention also and… and… and… bitch about the military but let me tell ya sweat heart, we don’t live in a perfect world. Someone somewhere is going to rise up and try to take away all your stuff. Now I know you and your fat lazy neighbors aren’t gunna get up off their dead fat asses to try to stop them. Someone else will be there to preserve the way of life you have grown accustom to. And that my lazy, fat, whining, bitchen, holier than thou wine drinkin, sign carryin, animal huggin, veggie eatn, anti-religion, communist “buddy”, you should apologize and and say thankyou. Just go back to livin the life and leave the others who have been entrusted to preserve your worthless life to live theirs.

What a perfect example of the entitlement that the OP speaks of.

"if you arent in the military, you're fat, lazy, and a whiner who does nothing more than watch cable and play playstation."

I hope you people dont actually think this way. I fear that you do.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

The military is voluntary.

No one puts a gun to to the heads of these people and forces them to serve.

Therefore, they cannot blame the politicians outright if they are ready and willing to lay their lives on the line.

It sounds to me like you want soldiers to be able to get away with pointing fingers at the politicians.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

No we dont think that way. Well i for one dont think that way.

Amongst the many professions i take my hat off to the doctors, engineers, scientist, teachers, and hardworkers of america.

With that said out of them all only a few of them have taken weapons and tactical training as a hobby. Where as it is my profession.

I dont do their job and am not expected to do so. And visa versa.

edit on 24-6-2012 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

There were people that followed orders during wartime.

They were called Nazis.

And they slaughtered people mercilessly.

Yes, just following orders, sir and nothing more.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Actually, if you did your homework, you'll find that to be untrue.

But that's too much to ask of anyone on ATS.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Physic

the Devil doesn't pay...its gets paid by its employees.

and the whole time, they think it for its generosity.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hahahaha

Ok ok

Who here can say " if america didnt have a military, it still would be safe from invasion and destruction from other countries"

Hmmmmmmmmmm?????

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

We have a military and we're still not safe from any of that.

Our military exists solely for the purpose of furthering the American regime and nothing more.

If you want to defend America, then come home and feel free to camp on the U.S/Mexico border. That's where our troops are needed the most right now, not off playing glorified war games in Iraq and Afghanistan, not to mention Syria and Libya by proxy.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
Hahahaha

Ok ok

Who here can say " if america didnt have a military, it still would be safe from invasion and destruction from other countries"

Hmmmmmmmmmm?????

Theres a catch to what you say though.

Our military isnt, and for the most part, cant, defend america from invasion. And frankly, lets think about the few wars that HAVE been fought on american soil. Was it the military, or the citizenry, that won those wars?

edit on 24-6-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join