It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more worship of the troops

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkScheppy

I bring visual proof and corroborating links etc of what I speak....

Afghanistan isn't as dire as many here would have you believe (I acknowledge it isn't all peaches in cream either] Having said that, Personally I'd prefer we weren't there. I have two Nephews stationed in the Stan. My son served in Iraq, I was against that invasion from the start but supported the troops. People don't like that?

Too Damned bad!

What do you bring to the discussion?

Plans are for a new world order government government by price explosions caused by a money obessed culture (whose horns are more disgusting than those.) No spiritual virtues, but thanks for the pictures of progress.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16402ff7116f.jpg[/atsimg]

Yeah I saw your quick edit job. I too would have edited it before everybody saw how ignorant it sounded. You have issues with a symbol of Islam but ignore what has been carried out by a perverted twisted version of it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0f9cb2e4a09.jpg[/atsimg]

Have a nice day....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Depends on what the G-20 does. That we are dumb and don't know that the G-20 is the bilderburgs, royalty. So does this mean we are getting close to the Black horseman riding (how about the apocalypse videos.) That was what this Canadian dude was saying, depends on what the G-20 does.

Iraq obviously that was a colony of the King and Queen. They hate Americans the proof is that Its own auditors admit the military cannot account for 25 percent of what it spends. British love it when American rednecks vote for Bush.Cheney and Obama.Biden it means we are going along with the plan.
edit on 25-6-2012 by MarkScheppy because: as

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Personally I'd prefer we weren't there. I have two Nephews stationed in the Stan. My son served in Iraq, I was against that invasion from the start but supported the troops. People don't like that?

Have a nice day....

We need a partnership of nations in opposition to the fascist drive coming out of Britain (its puppet America). Because this is just a newer updated form of the persian empire the oligarch and blueboods and they say openly reduce the world's population.

Can't believe you can be so coy about these wars that have nothing to do with George Washington All of the reasons for defending the war are inventions and hallucinations of misery and pain.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I wondered how someone could be so myopic as to believe this hook line and sinker,now I get it. Being raised in your formative years to a military atoll would certainly fit the bill.Although your inability to understand any counter points by declaring yourself the superior intellect is a bit telling.
Is there war? Yes you cannot ague that point any more than you can deny you breathe air.
What happens if no one volunteered for combat arms? Then TPTB will draft you and very possibly soon ,your sister or wife or mother.
So someone who isn't a warrior will die in the same battle fields as warriors who were more successful and less people are killed because they know what they are doing and are capable of doing it in a professional way.Draftees will commit atrocities,indescriminantly fire on civilians,and essentially make any and all conditions much worse because the US will throw more bodies at the problem until such time as it is resolved.
Running away will dealt with buy more oppressive means as it became an issue.Then they WOULD be using EMA camps to do so.Witness the penal unit.
War bad.....we get it,so establish the origin of conflict and stop it your selves since your superior intellect is wasted on a failed debate that soldiers are the cause of conflicts and not the victims. Or you will be joining us.Which speaking as a pro I would hate serving with ,because you would get too many people killed mulling over why when bullets are meeting meat.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

as it pertains to the OP, this statement is the most on topic (and decipherable) thing you have posted. And even that is not really quite so on topic.

The topic, in essence, is about whether or not military service is giving rise to a military elitism in our country.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Are you done with the constant editing of your replies?

It's hard to formulate a proper response when you're continuously indecisive about what the hell you want to say.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkScheppy

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Personally I'd prefer we weren't there. I have two Nephews stationed in the Stan. My son served in Iraq, I was against that invasion from the start but supported the troops. People don't like that?

Have a nice day....

We need a partnership of nations in opposition to the fascist drive coming out of Britain (its puppet America). Because this is just a newer updated form of the persian empire the oligarch and blueboods and they say openly reduce the world's population.

THEY DON"T WANT YOUR KINFOLK OVER THERE! That is why you have all of the suicidal apocalypse bombers over there. Foreshadowing perhaps, "Stan." Can't believe you can be so coy about these wars that have nothing to do with George Washington All of the reasons for defending the war are inventions and hallucinations of misery and pain because most souls know that it is wrong.

I was going to comment on your response about how a bunch of "tattoos" looking like the "Denver airport",led you to the conclusion of "No more worship of the troops",but I see you edited your comments about it.........

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Two errors in your post:

1. no where anywhere on the internet do i proclaim superiority to any one. It is anathema to my character.

2. I do not want to see the military destroyed. I want to see it curtailed severely, however.

The original purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to preempt any need for a standing military. As a matter of fact, our 2nd Amendment is pretty clear on its frowning upon the arming of one citizen preferrentially over another. The purpose of America was not supposed to be the heavily armed governmentally sanctioned muscle behind the global bankers. It is exactly opposite.

Were we not in the habit of entering into wars we have no business being involved in, there would be little outcry from myself and others similar to me. I am all too willing to defend America. Just not "American interests", which is codespeak for "an American corporation is threatening to with hold donations if we don't act now".

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

When I am at a laundry mat and a military person is there comes back and shows me his tattoos that look like the Denver airport murals, guys on tanks in black death mask holding a machine gun.

I don't know if he had some kind of prophetic experience as well. well perhaps a world war holocaust, it looked pretty darn scary. *sorry, Take advantage of my ability to Edit. No more worship of them.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

This is that of which I speak: "Great opening to your reply about mutual understanding. Someone who speaks in hyperbole is not likely an intellectual equal and shouldn't be given too much attention".
I find the person in question does express his self with an appropriate measure of intellect.
In effect"You're stupid so nobody should listen".Is a defective and semantically obscured failure to answer his statement,so yes you do have a flawed character as well as poor judgment.Disengage the ego,utilize your intellect.
Your odd decision to discuss the second Amendment wasn't relevant in the last draft and won't be for another.Draft dodgers are illegal as we all signed up to defend the country at 18 or you would be best served at relinquishing your citizenship. I would imagine you think this would be a triumph for me but these are just facts,the truth as it is.I also believe that once the people of other nations join us in this information age war will become obsolete and the competition will become one of technology for more benevolent purposes,possibly space exploration.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sick em boy,go get em!:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I don't think you were following. I made that comment in reference to the posters reply to this statement:

So what you're saying is that soldiers volunteer to be child-slaughtering puppets? And we have to put our heads on straight?

which was made by TheAnarchist.

If it makes me seem of poor character to have no tolerance for those broad brush statements, then so be it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Sounds like the guy was being a douche. I'm a veteran of 8 years and two foreign conflicts so I would say the exact same thing to him you did if I were in your shoes.

And to all you people who are acting like Military service is something to be ashamed of, keep in mind that its a job that nobody WANTS to do, but somebody HAS to do. Every single civilization in histoy has had to have someone that stands on the walls so to speak. "Speak softly and carry a big stick" is one of the wisest quotes from Roosevelt I've ever heard. I just wish the U.S. government would speak softer, but it would be really bad to do away with the big stick.

Why does somebody HAS to do it?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You were responding to Michael Brux and failed to address the subject of your statement,it was your mistake. And what about the 2nd amendment issue?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I am not going to get into an argument about what i said, and what you believe i said. Believe me or not, I don't care.

I make comments regarding the second amendment to show that even the notion of having a standing military is an affront to the framing of our constitution. Our founders believed in a strong militia, not a standing military.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I think that if the American government was honest about its' imperialism, a lot less people would object to it. As I've said in other threads, it is said dishonesty which is one of the biggest problems.

America is a republic I will be honest and tell you that. But now we are fighting on behalf of the British bluebloods and aristocracy and we are not being honest about that. We are in denial of that to our own demise death and fall. Read the history of India in the twentieth century, at the beginning of the twentieth century and then you can see the empire that controls the world still is monetary. Sophism.

The World Trade Organization, NAFTA, and all the rest. My head hurts having to explain this to people.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advancedboy
The Military usually attract ones who are too lazy to work manual labour and too unintelligent to go into brain challenging fields. That is why they resort to extreme discipline and seniority. Both of these 2 are opposite of inventiveness.

You can't be serious, it's quite obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about. I for one joined not out of laziness or unintellegence. What's you're I.Q.? I know my score on that test is 142, which is rather high when compared to the average. However, "brain challenging fields" as you put it usually require a college degree, not a cheap thing to get. Yes I could've gotten loans or grant, but I do not want to go thousands of dollars in debt for the next 15 years, and I don't want a handout. Afraid of manual labor you say? Have you ever hauled hay in the summer? I have, a lot. Have you ever worked cattle? Maybe been a mechanic? Those are all things I've done prior to military service, and the majority of my shipmates did the same, or worse. Most of us joined because the economy had put us out of work.

My point is, watch what you say, because with that statement, you sound like some sort of troglodite.

Did you know that 85% of Americans between the ages of 18-24 are unfit for military service, so according to you're statement, this can go 2 ways.
1. The eligible 15% are the bottom of the barrel, and if this is correct, then we should be in much better shape economically.
2. the 85% ineligible are unfit due to physical standards, low test scores, or arrest record, which is the true reason.
edit on 25-6-2012 by dave_welch because: forgot to add the percentages of eligibility for military service

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Again a deflection complicated by an error.Did you sign up for selective service? That is what the reality is now,whatever your SINGULAR opinion of the legality happens to be.The government retains,to this very day,the right to MAKE you go to war.I have stated in more intelligent terms,that was a bad idea because many would suck at it and get good troops killed.I also stated why.Then you went off on some rant about gun ownership like apparently,you think the population would rise up to stop it.They didn't last time and they won't next time,its the agreed upon law that has been in effect since WWII.Therefore don't worship anyone one but be at least thankful some are taking your place,doing a good job of it as humanely as they can and stop the causes of war. Reality is a bitch I realize that. But intellectual HYPERBOLE doesn't change a thing.If you can't keep your statements on topic,at least try to keep them straight.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I am not thankful that someone is happy to volunteer to serve in war time. I am saddened by it.

Demanding me to be thankful smacks of elitism.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ye're Absolutely & Perfectly right: each human always has own choice & no matter does what $hit all-around runs

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join