It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more worship of the troops

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I particularly liked the Rick Simpson portion, the last portion of the video.

The part of the video that highlighted a certain medicine that has been made illegal. I support the cultivation of this medicine, and I believe everyone should have their very own garden.

The refinement of these oils in the medicine does cure different ailments and even cancer. I have seen it happen with my own eyes.

...yet it is suppressed by our government, with severe consequence.

Jesus Christ, this thread is already 15 pages long.
edit on 25-6-2012 by becomingaware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I spent 28 years in the military and I disagree with everyone on both sides of this discussion...hehe

2nd

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Some of the people who disagree with me are good people---they are merely incorrect, misled, or haven't carefully studied the situation.

EVERYONE who disagrees with Petrus4 is a brainwashed idiot. Just ask him.

Then consider the source.

The original hippie remains the prototype of the 19-year old, who is intelligent enough to be educated, but is too young to have actually accomplished anything with his young life. Yet he is certain that no one ever read Marx before him, no one ever saw with such insight, no one ever fully grokked Bakhunin 'til now. And his superior insight gives him the right to pass judgment over your whole life. Even if he hasn't had a full-time job for enough of his life to even earn full unemployment benefits yet.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
I do believe what the OP was trying to say is that as this country lurches closer to fascism that a majority of the military won't quit and start fighting along side most of the country's citizens, but rather "continue following orders" for FEAR of being drawn and quartered.

This is part of it. However, it's also a case of some of the civilians I've seen online as well, who want to keep venerating soldiers, even as such veneration actually causes fascism, as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

It is usually said that the only people who want war, are the ones who've never seen it; yet in this thread, we're seeing the opposite.

I actually saved many more lives then I help destroy...well maybe before I dropped that MOAB which kind of even things up, but I'm still sure the count was much farther in the save column towards the end of my career.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar
EVERYONE who disagrees with Petrus4 is a brainwashed idiot. Just ask him.

This amuses me.

For the record, however, I don't define brainwashed idiocy as disagreement with me. I define it as repetitive, paternalistic, condescending attempts to shame someone into silence, because they don't know, haven't been taught, and can't independently think of any other counter-argument to what I am saying.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

Thanks for labeling me as a "brainwashed idiot".

I feel the same about anyone who wraps themselves in the flag, complete with matching red, white and blue blinders.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
OP, on your profile page you have the following comment:

"Comment from: petrus4 on: 8-4-2012 @ 05:10 AM
If you see anyone posting anything vile, including murder reports, please direct them to this thread
Don't Be A Hate Battery
"

This thread of yours is vile to me, and you're guilty of feeding the hate battery for sure.

My intent is the exact opposite, and I suspect you know that.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

You're argument was invalidated the moment you let it be noticed that you haven't grasped the concept; There are/were no sides. Are you unable to see or acknowledge that every war the United States has taken part in, was funded by the same people on both sides?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

No one asked them to go and fight.

Someday, I hope that some of you will accept the reality that not all Americans are going to support the military, the troops or war in general.

Until then, keep dissing those Americans. It won't change a thing.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hell, let's agree with the corporate United States guys. I mean it's our job to fund terrorism, and then again it's our job to recruit our citizens to die and kill the terrorists we funded. It makes no #ing sense...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

This is exactly what has been happening ever since Eisenhower warned us of the military-industrial complex.

The assassination of JFK was the tipping point. After that, it was a free-for-all for corporate interests and those with sinister agendas.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by becomingaware

I suspect it is going to get longer. I hope it does. This topic needs continual exposure; and I intend to ensure that it gets it.
edit on 25-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by becomingaware

I suspect it is going to get longer. I hope it does. This topic needs continual exposure; and I intend to ensure that it gets it.
edit on 25-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

I agree, we need more reminders that every day is Memorial Day. Sad that some people are so ungrateful.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
I agree, we need more reminders that every day is Memorial Day. Sad that some people are so ungrateful.

LOL. I acknowledge it; I was asking for that.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Do you know what annoys me about the military...... every single time, and I mean EVERY time a soldier gets killed, all of a sudden they are a hero... it has gotten to the point where all you have to do is join the military and you automatically become a hero....

I thought heroes were those that went above and beyond the call of duty with extraordinary actions... it used to mean something back in the day.....

Now, these people that jump on grenades to protect comrades, or single handedly defend an outpost for several hours... these people are the heroes.... the others were just doing their job.

I do admit that it is an extraordinary commitment to join the armed forces... and I am sure there are many that do it for honourable reasons, such as a true desire to help others and save the world... but I am sure for every one of those there are 5 teenagers that joined purely for "the crack", who have played far too much call of duty and just want to shoot some real "rag heads"....

Harsh I know.. but I just want to go back to "hero" actually meaning something....

PA

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
And If I have to watch one more video of a load of soldiers killing someone else and then cheering and high fiving each other, I'm going to be sick......

These actions should be carried out with a sombre disposition... unfortunately these "grunts" are incapable of independant thought, which is drilled out of them in training... dangerous in my opinion...

PA

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Every society or an entity within should be judged by merit. By a merit of a measurable added value. By hiding under a slogan of ` orders` or ` serving my country` is hard to call measurable added value especially considering burden on taxpayers it causes. Stop honouring the military, ask a a simple question how exactly each individual or society can quantify military actions as added value for them. One can work either having a manual labour or using brainpower. The Military usually attract ones who are too lazy to work manual labour and too unintelligent to go into brain challenging fields. That is why they resort to extreme discipline and seniority. Both of these 2 are opposite of inventiveness. No wonder war veterans are hard to cope with once returning to civilian life, because in civilian life they must do a real job, one that benefits the society or the company they work for. Military don`t invent or create technologies, it is civilians who create these items for the military. In the end it is all about paychecks . If you want to see how passionate a person is about their job, remove the paycheck from the equation and see how his passion persists. I rather honour turners, scultprs, janitors, engineers, bakers and artists and scientists, people who don`t have to explain why exactly they do their job. By the way it is not about how hard the job is, it is about how useful and quantifiable the job is. it is hard to be deployed in Iraq sitting in sveltering sun, and it is equally hard to play basketball at high level, yet neither of these disciplines yield anything good to the people. No wonder a country that doesn`t give incentives to hard , complex , expertize driven high added value industries, is destined to be a mediocrity.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I think the sad reality is that the troops are, in some ways, needed because those in power continually play both sides of a conflict in order to profit and create continual chaos.

But, here in the US, we do not simply defend ourselves. I don't see a potential invasion happening to us from Canada or Mexico, so why the hell do we have so many troops? The troops are all over the world. They are playing offense. They are not playing defense. That is the problem I have with the use of the troops. Notice I did not say I have a problem with the people, the troops, themselves. I do take issue with people who are willing to take orders and willing to kill others on command, but I take a bigger issue with the government that organizes these people in the first place. The blame then shifts to the people who support the people in charge. The masses who refuse to think critically are really responsible, or irresponsible, I should say.

On the other hand, it could be argued that the US must continue to expand militarily or else other countries will, and there is then a chance that we could be overwhelmed. We are also obviously vying for overseas resources, including land. I think the people up at the top realize that if they don't continually expand, one day we may find ourselves outmatched. They didn't get to the point we are at now, so that they could lose it all later. They will never stop expanding.

So, on one hand, I am very bothered by overseas troops, but on the other hand, they are securing the safety of the US for the future. Is that right? Should the US be secure? Well, if it weren't the US ruling the world militarily, it would be someone else. Would anyone rather it be China or Russia? Would they be any better? It is sad, but I believe that in current ways of the world, some country is going to be the superpower. If it weren't the US, it could be someone else, and they could be worse.

It is really hard to have an opinion on the matter, because I am against violence unless someone is threatening me.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

"Ungrateful".

Like the shop owner being ungrateful when Louie the Fish offers his "protection" out in Jersey?

My nation is in debt because of military spending, among other things. It is also polluted. Our military has caused cancers in employees dealing with top secret materials, and then won't pay for treatment. When they get sued, they keep the case from being heard in court.

My family has all manner of ailments, thanks to the military. It is what happens when your family is raised on Kwajalein. Every sister and female cousin I have has something akin to lupus. I sure as hell do have a lot to be grateful for, i guess. I mean, i had a son and not a daughter to carry on the lupus misery. I am hopeful, too....that my son has no daughters.

Thanks, military!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join