It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more worship of the troops

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This "you wouldn't be free if the troops weren't doing what they're doing" argument is getting more outlandish with each post. I fail to see how outgunning an extremely poor nation; with Billions of dollars worth of military equipment, to their AKs and RPGs, halfway across the world is making me safer here in the middle of the US. The United States has 5% of the worlds population and spends 41% of the worlds total on Defense while the next highest is China (8.2% of world total). What if we used that to actually protect US soil?

The US has the best early warning systems as well as radar, satellite and Naval Force to protect us from any direction. This argument that troops halfway across the globe is keeping us free is ridiculous. The biggest threat to us is the Cartels that have been casually walking across the border. And recently we've armed said cartels with military weapons. (see Fast Track) That scares me way more than a few extremists thousands of miles away.

Each major conflict that the United States has gotten into in the last 100 years wasn't because we were in Direct threat from an outside source. It was to secure corporate interests abroad. There are plenty of examples, and to ignore them will let this to continue.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I understand that, completely. But it's hard.. real hard. What do you say to our boys that fought ww2? Yea, Hitler was a homicidal maniac at that time but they fought the good fight!

You can't turn your back on those willing to sacrifice their wars for the machine, they are human just like us and we can't let a few bad apples ruin the whole bunch.

What we have to do get rid of the sobs that are forcing them to fight the wrong fights. We need to get to the root. They are victims, just like us.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by add alone

every conflict of the last 100 years was for business purposes? WWI and WWII? So, coming to the aid of our allies who are being over run had nothing to do with it? Do you know nothing of what would've happened to europe had we not aided them in WWI and WWII? Ask and Brit who survived the London bombings about that...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by BrianDamage
And if nobody joined the military, they'd have nobody to send.

And if nobody joined the military, then you wouldn't be free today to be posting on the internet.
And if nobody joined the military, then you wouldn't be free to worship (or not) as you wish.
And if nobody joined the military, then you'd be either dead or enslaved by someone else's
military and they wouldn't be treating you well at all.

This is garbage, Flyers. It's not a fact. It's not a fact at all, sorry.

America has not been involved in a single major conflict, where said involvement did not begin as a result of a false flag incident. Not one.

I know you like sources, so here's one.

The Business of War

So we should give America back to England, as without troops we had no Revolutionary war. You agree we should do that correct? And have taxation, with no representation, we will do as we are told.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
Some of you military bashers need to put your heads on straight.

Fact: Politicians and Lawmakers and by extension the people that elected them are responsible for the wars.

the soldiers that fight in them do what is asked of them and are not capable starting a war;

Do you forget that not having a draft is very recent in Us history? If no there was no volunteers they would conscript every healthy fighting age man into service.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Worship, no.

Respect, yes.

There's a difference. You don't have to 'worship' the troops to respect what they do. I respect police officers (well, most) and firemen for the same reason: selflessness. It is a trait that is worthy of such respect. There are exceptions of course, as there always are.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I don't worship the troops, I have respect for them. Even though some politicians and some big businesses with influence are corrupt it doesn't mean it's the soldiers responsibility. The soldiers serve the people, without them our country would have been overthrown long ago.

If someone has issues with TPTB than address the TPTB. I have known many soldiers throughout my life and most were very good people.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

No, they would just reinstate the draft.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info

No, they would just reinstate the draft.

We would be conquered by Russia or China, or Iran even, or maybe Venezuela.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

Quite true, I contemplated joining the military at one point. However, I just can't bring myself to work for corrupted politicians and corporate mafia banksters, killing for them and fighting their wars. Ever heard of War Pigs folks?you aren't deciding to fight for your country when you join; you decide to become their property and work for the corruption.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by petrus4

I must be psychic.

I could have sworn that you posted this a few weeks ago.

Oh…wait. You did.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's right. I'm going to keep doing it, too.

You do what you believe is right, TDawg. As will I.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

sorry to tell you, but I've learned a terrible secret over the last 6.5 years.

I'm going to take a wild guess. Is it the existence of the psychopaths?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
If you don't want wars, vote for people who oppose them. But sometimes true evil must be stopped.

Sometimes, perhaps. This, however, isn't the argument that's being used. "All the time," is what a lot of people now think.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Idolotry is a cancer in this country and the world be it politicians or folks in uniform, and there is a clear difference between worship and respect for those who made it possible for all of us to sit here and run our mouths til our little hearts content

I'm sick of this argument. It's repetitive, as I've said before, and demonstrates that the grunts parroting it have absolutely nothing else.

On a more subtle level, however, the argument has another problem. It makes the basic assumption that simply because a worse status quo supposedly exists, in places which don't have the same level of freedom of expression, that makes the Western/American status quo completely morally acceptable and justifiable.

It doesn't. Moral relatively is no morality at all.

I'm tired of seeing, on this forum, the attitude which implies that it requires courage to murder people, and that that supposed courage on the one hand, makes up for complete moral cowardice on the other. If peace was really easier to maintain than war, this planet would be a lot more peaceful.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by D1Useek
It’s real easy to sit back in your cozy little room, with your cozy lap top and Wi Fi and your cozy little TV watching Jon Stewart and CNN and drinking your bottled water,

This is another element that is frustrating...although actually, at this point, it's starting to become humorous; and all it really does is provide yet more evidence of your mind control.

A more original response would be appreciated. That one is really starting to get old.

Your post sir, is the embodiment of truth, plus you just owned that noob at life.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

The difference is German troops worshipped Hitler’s ideology of genocide. Our troops worship the one true God and Jesus Christ King of Kings along with the general population.

Hitler claimed Christian adherence as well, when it served his purposes.

You just keep saying the same thing, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

You really don't have anything else, do you? Absolutely nothing at all. If that isn't a blatant, totally transparent demonstration of pure mind control, then I honestly don't know what is.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative
reply to post by petrus4

And you need to rethink that line about Nazi Germany buddy.

I wasn't the one who created that video.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

And if nobody joined the military, then you wouldn't be free today to be posting on the internet.
And if nobody joined the military, then you wouldn't be free to worship (or not) as you wish.
And if nobody joined the military, then you'd be either dead or enslaved by someone else's

The FACT is that there are entities in the world - both government and ideologically orientated - that want the free Western world not to be free. They want to impose their rule of law or religion over you. that's just the truth. Troop-bashers ignorantly forget the FACT that this is real. :shk: Having a strong military is a deterant to those who wish to impose themselves on us and to destroy our society and our freedoms.

That's the truth. Deal with it.

So in other words our military should be a deterrent to our government?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative
reply to post by petrus4

Oh go back to World of Warcraft...

A point can actually be made here, as well. The one thing that WoW demonstrated to me, more than anything else, is that the supposed, ongoing series of "threats," are a complete fabrication. Watch the video linked in my OP. Von Braun mentions the American government doing exactly the same thing in physical reality, that Blizzard did with WoW; completely inventing a progressive series of bogeymen to fight against.

World of Warcraft had Kel'Thuzad, Illidan, Arthas, and Deathwing. The American government has had Hitler, Stalin, and bin Laden. Makes me wonder who the ET end boss is going to be.

That becomes the point, though. Someone, somewhere, somehow...there's always another threat. In the end, the reason for fighting against said threats in itself, becomes completely immaterial. Humanity supposedly just fights, because that's what humanity does. I remember the intro for Gears of War 3, pumping into kids' heads the message that supposedly, war is literally an element of human instinct.

The people who claim that every day is Memorial Day, are in effect saying that they want that; that they want a perpetual war culture. That they want a future like the one we saw in Avatar; where the Earth has been almost completely destroyed, and humanity has to go into space in order to find threats, because we've run out of them here at home.

All of the brainwashed grunts who keep posting in this thread can tell me I'm a know-nothing, snot-nosed civilian as much as they like; there is only one more thing that I feel that I really need to say in my own defense, here.

You're the ones who've seen war, not me; and yet you're the ones who are advocating it.

It is usually said that the only people who want war, are the ones who've never seen it; yet in this thread, we're seeing the opposite.

Figure that out.
edit on 25-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destr0yAllYuppies

The FACT is that there are entities in the world - both government and ideologically orientated - that want the free Western world not to be free. They want to impose their rule of law or religion over you. that's just the truth. Troop-bashers ignorantly forget the FACT that this is real. :shk: Having a strong military is a deterant to those who wish to impose themselves on us and to destroy our society and our freedoms.

That's the truth. Deal with it.

So in other words our military should be a deterrent to our government?

Our military is made up of our citizens, our citizens are the deterrent to our government. Just so you know, I saw what you did there.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join