It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more worship of the troops

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

the long list of dead men from Iraq and other places were occupying someone else's home. that's why the Iraqi's hung Saddam by the neck and didn't give it a second thought. that's why the Libyans got ill in the extreme with Gaddafi.

just because you are behind the curve on this is no reason to criticize me.

and for the record...foreign forces did invade the United States on November 6, 2005. they got brushed aside like so much empty candy rappers because...i'm actually American and this is my home.

edit on 24-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

I'm not trying to criticize you, you seem like a decent person. I used to be all rah rah the military kill the terrorists as well - until I started to understand what was really going on with the globalists and how they were the ones who held the true power and pulled most of the strings in the world.

Try the excellent book by Jim Marrs - The Rise of the Fourth Reich - it is a really good starting point.

I guess what many people in the US are really worried about but it remains unvoiced is that we will be next. Much evidence points to a big event going down in the US in the near future, like the next few months or year or so, whether it be economic collapse, takeover by the NWO, the passing of Planet X, alien disclosure and/or alien false flag, solar related crises, a magentic pole shift, a big New Madrid eathquake - there is much scuttlebutt and fear, which is too bad.

The American populace wants to know if push comes to shove, whether the military will side with American citizens, or side with some crazy globalist or crazy military/industrial/congressional complex leaders or the UN etc. When the time comes, will you remember under the Constitution ultimately you owe allengiance to the public and not any illegitimate leaders (and I don't mean Obama - he was legally elected, unlike the criminals that came before him).

What was this invasion on Nov 6 2005 you are talking about? Are you referring to false flag dirty bomb attacks attempted by Bush and Cheney?

What do you know about these underground bases?

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Here are some articles on the global elite, aka TPTB:

edit on 24-6-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

edit on 24-6-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: insertion

edit on 24-6-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addendum

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Read alot of the posts and I think alot of people on both sides of the fences are giving illogical arguments

Firstly, I saw some of the video and then saw a little girl singing about Obama and then students singing hail hitler.
What a stupid comparison... probably EVERY candidate has such videos and if not could so easily have such videos, even honest ones
There is a kid signing for Ron Paul too, only one that I saw though, probably even more
What dumb analogy
I stopped watching after that

and why is it one extreme or ther other?
One person says "the military only does what it's asked, it's not our fault it's politicians's fault, the military cannot START a war!"

What a lame slave mentality is that
Part of the reason the vietnam war ended is because GIs refused to fight for an immoral war
Those were intelligent non-robotic individuals

Then someone says "There would be no wars if no one joined the military"
What????

Nobody join the military????
That's like saying hey let's be a sitting duck

My point is why only two extremes as options???

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

the long list of dead men from Iraq and other places were occupying someone else's home. that's why the Iraqi's hung Saddam by the neck and didn't give it a second thought. that's why the Libyans got ill in the extreme with Gaddafi.

just because you are behind the curve on this is no reason to criticize me.

and for the record...foreign forces did invade the United States on November 6, 2005. they got brushed aside like so much empty candy rappers because...i'm actually American and this is my home.

I'm not trying to criticize you, you seem like a decent person. I used to be all rah rah the military kill the terrorists as well - until I started to understand what was really going on with the globalists and how they were the ones who held the true power and pulled most of the strings in the world.

Try the excellent book by Jim Marrs - The Rise of the Fourth Reich - it is a really good starting point.

I guess what many people in the US are really worried about but it remains unvoiced is that we will be next. Much evidence points to a big event going down in the US in the near future, like the next few months or year or so, whether it be economic collapse, takeover by the NWO, the passing of Planet X, alien disclosure and/or alien false flag, solar related crises, a magentic pole shift, a big New Madrid eathquake - there is much scuttlebutt and fear, which is too bad.

The American populace wants to know if push comes to shove, whether the military will side with American citizens, or side with some crazy globalist or crazy military/industrial/congressional complex leaders or the UN etc. When the time comes, will you remember under the Constitution ultimately you owe allengiance to the public and not any illegitimate leaders (and I don't mean Obama - he was legally elected, unlike the criminals that came before him).

What was this invasion on Nov 6 2005 you are talking about? Are you referring to false flag dirty bomb attacks attempted by Bush and Cheney?

What do you know about these underground bases?

Here are some articles on the global elite, aka TPTB:

edit on 24-6-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: insertion

edit on 24-6-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addendum

sorry, I rather have my prostate checked than read those references; again.

I don't intend any offense to you either but no one is writing anything about and posting about the true nature of warfare and human conflict on the internet.

the true nature of the war we are all fighting is on a MUCH smaller scale; simultaneous to being a global effort.

don't overstand what I write because I don't want you to get all weird on yourself.

but the war is at the household level and more importantly, a battle you will have with yourself. this is happening on a global scale at the same time.

think about that...a war that encompasses the entire planet, but occurs at the level of individual human beings and the family unit.

its a war that attacks every possible aspect of your life.

the only way you lose...is to actually become something other than what you know you are.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I beg your forgiveness. I forgot that you're "only following orders". So I suppose that means we are supposed to go back to kissing the tail of every man and woman who puts on a uniform? I think not. A soldier's situation is what it is, and I don't blame them - the best man at my wedding is a Staff Sergent in the US Army. But I'm not going to go out of my way to "thank" someone just because they "serve". And the friend that I refer to would agree with me. It makes him quite uncomfortable when people thank him. He has said himself that there are lots of people who signed up just for the "worship" that civilians pour on them. That is SO wrong.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
i dunno. soldiers in military forces of countries all over the world, have a very hard job to do. they are owned, lock stock and barrel by their governments. when they join, they sign away their inalienable rights and don't even have say-so over what happens to their bodies. they are trained, out of the gate, to not think for themselves, to follow the chain of command without question, and do as they are told by that chain of command. it's been said, this approach was necessary because the types of decisions that need to made in defense of the country or as a result of war, are not and can not be open to debate.

personally, i have empathy for anybody in any armed forces, anywhere, as the life required of those people is not the same life the rest of us get to live.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Personally, I'm proud of the military members that frequent this website.

It's good to know that some of the service men and women deny ignorance just like the rest of us.

If you're in the service, I hope you share ATS with your friends.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
OP, on your profile page you have the following comment:

"Comment from: petrus4 on: 8-4-2012 @ 05:10 AM
If you see anyone posting anything vile, including murder reports, please direct them to this thread
Don't Be A Hate Battery
"

This thread of yours is vile to me, and you're guilty of feeding the hate battery for sure. Good job.

I think your next thread should be "Hypocrisy 101".

Karma is a mutha, some day you're going to need help from someone in the military and they're not going to hear you, or there will be a draft in the near future, your name will be drawn first and you'll be denied any type of waiver claim. Off to battle you go, you survive to come home to crowds full of anit-military types such as your current self, get rotten eggs thrown at you, called a murderer, denied employment everywhere....

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
One person says "the military only does what it's asked, it's not our fault it's politicians's fault, the military cannot START a war!"

What a lame slave mentality is that
Part of the reason the vietnam war ended is because GIs refused to fight for an immoral war
Those were intelligent non-robotic individuals

The military cannot start a war. Only congress can. It's not slave mentality, its fact. Sure the military personal can defect but the administration will come down hard on them. Even worse than vietnam. They will be labeled as terrorists and be tortured behind closed doors.

The current military will not defect, they are smart enough to know that option is off the table now. Sure back in the day... these days.... its suicide.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I have tried to express myself in such terms, but often the words have failed me.

It's hard to explain your three decades of service to someone who never has served, ya know? They just don't understand.

Thank you for your words, I think that you may have made my life easier.
edit on 24-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by therealdemoboy

posting on here is sometimes difficult. my ability to clearly communicate my full feelings about any issue in particular is labored, as I have a short attention span and don't always go into detail.

in my town...on the north we have a Navy base on the South used to be an Army base, now its just a reserve facility...my grandfather was stationed there back in the 1950s and it was one of the largest Army bases in the country.

from time to time, I see Army guys out for lunch or this and that...i used to see sailors in great numbers taking the train down to the city on the weekends.

i used to look at these soldiers and sailors and think to myself...'i sure hope my life isn't in their hands.'

but at the same time, i don't think they need to be given a hard time because they chose the military.

they aren't the reason wars are fought...they're just kids who are trying to figure out what to do with their lives and the military is helping them to do this.

no one worships them, my cousin is overseas right now and based on his latest facebook rant, it seems that he lives day to day with the same type of bs as everyone else on the planet.

i think singling them out is a vicious attack. don't give them praise...they won't miss it. but just to be belligerent about the choices they've made is just like pulling a trigger on someone.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The FACT is that there are entities in the world - both government and ideologically orientated - that want the free Western world not to be free. They want to impose their rule of law or religion over you.

That's the truth. Deal with it.

The FACT that the Japanese army represents a Democratic country yet has never been in a skirmish since we bombed them 70 years ago kind of tears your FACT to shreds. They use their military for defensive purposes only. So yes, the fact that if you have a large enough military it will be a deterrent, is true. Japan is proof positive of that.

America is not the only Democratic country in the west, or the East for that matter, yet you don't see the Middle East wanting to destroy those other ones. Why is that do you suppose? could it be due to that fact that America is the only country I can think of that is financially broke on paper enough to where they feel the need to go elsewhere and take things that don't belong to them? Like oil for example? Then have the nerve to assume that the population of the world at large will believe them when they say that "We're just trying to instill Democracy in the world." Like they're political missionaries trying to do the world a favor. Spare me.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but Japan probably has more of a positive cash flow than we do, are just as democratic as we are, yet they're left alone. We're not. We're being "picked on" because we're a free nation and people want to take that away from us? Where do you live? In the 50's?

People don't like us because our military is nothing but a bunch of bullies with a lot of money. Besides which, they don't want peace. You can be rich and be peaceful at the same time, but that's a concept that's lost on them.

That's the truth. Deal with it.

I need to get back to work. Peace out.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Not entirely true because your fact doesn't take into consideration that Japan hasn't really been allowed to expand nor deploy their military anywhere. This is a condition of their surrender not simply a decision of self restraint on their part.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

the soldiers that fight in them do what is asked of them

If you claim they are just following orders, you draw another parallel. Superior orders

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

the soldiers that fight in them do what is asked of them

If you claim they are just following orders, you draw another parallel. Superior orders

some soldiers are never given direct orders. orders are implied.

they either fight or they are destroyed.

luckily for them...the soldier can decide for themselves the manner in which they chose to fight.

none of this applies to the US, however. the US isn't involved in any wars.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
figures....Obama bashing...equating him with hitler...hope and change...equating that with singing hitler youth
hey....why don't we just start calling this website what it is...A RIGHT-WING BLOG

I'm more liberal than most. I voted for Obama as one last desperate attempt to believe that government isn't just a puppet show. I'm an atheist. I figure I was looking for some sort of salvation. I feel much better knowing my suspicions have been confirmed. There is no hope. I like to be in a right mind. Now I am. My GF isn't taking it as well. Here's a tip. Look out for the neurotic Obamabots still trying to believe. I'm through with voting. I'm out of the game.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
While I'm drawing parallels,

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Nothing's wrong with having a big military, but it does get pretty ridiculous when you look at this chart:

Do we really need to be 40% of total global arms spending when the other major powers of the world don't even reach 10%?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I don't like videos that senselessly tie together depictions of different things that have nothing to do with each other and expect me to scrapulate some theory that has no facts behind it. I'm not taking sides on anything, merely complaining about how ridiculous this video was.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Lots of good posts on here, some not so good. The main problem is generalizations. I also served in the military. I was in the Navy for 4 years. I spent several 3, 4, and 5 day day periods with little or no sleep. While doing counter piracy missions off of the coast of Somalia, I had AK-47's and RPG's pointed at me, I thank God every night that I wasn't fired at, and never had to kill anyone.

I don't expect worship, praise, or thanks. I prefer that I don't get it sometimes, it was all just part of the job. Some of you say "You can say no" those who say that, obviously have no military experience. Yes, you can say no, to an UNLAWFUL order, but if you are fired upon, and are ordered to fire back, that is a lawful order. People think that those guys who humiliated the prisoners at Abu Ghraib is a good example of how the military acts. This is most definately a warped view. That is like saying that all people in PEDA are barn burners, or that all people in the south are racists. Generalizations are the big fault on these message boards, and it really pisses me off. If some vet thinks he should get special treatment, then he's an asshole, and the vast majority of vets don't think that way. You are welcome to your own opinions, let's just make sure they're based on something other than hearsay. You have no idea what it's like to be in uniform (because you have to be) while on liberty in Seattle because it is Seafair, and getting spit on, and having drinks and other things thrown at you because you're in the military, and knowing that you can't do anything about it because you don't want to go to Captain's Mast and lose rank and pay.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Some of you military bashers need to put your heads on straight.

Fact: Politicians and Lawmakers and by extension the people that elected them are responsible for the wars.

the soldiers that fight in them do what is asked of them and are not capable starting a war;

So what you're saying is that soldiers volunteer to be child-slaughtering puppets? And we have to put our heads on straight?

In modern society, soldiers are just a PR stunt. An entire war could be fought using machines, intelligence and espionage, and not a single man would have to lay a finger on a trigger.

Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with the troops. What they were conned into signing up for is tragic, and neither they nor their victims deserve to be dehumanized the way they are. The only hope mankind has for peace is that one day man will be intelligent enough to realize nothing's worth fighting for besides your own freedom. Which will probably never happen because apparently many young people leave the (police) state's education system thinking that joining the military is a good (and even righteous) idea.

And before you say it, being shipped off overseas to shoot black men, women and children isn't freedom, no matter what you label the Operation. Terrorism has always existed and always will, but blanket bombing Arab nations, destabilizing their already unstable governments and then stripping them of resources isn't the way to fix it, believe it or not. And it can hardly be called a "war" by any standard. Western (and eastern) military intervention and occupation of all kinds is responsible for the increase in international terrorism, not fanatical Muslims, Osama or the Middle-East. And state-produced stupid people exacerbate the situation through perpetual complacency and ignorance. It's an infinitely twisted, sad little cycle that we're all forced to endure.

As for other countries, the only reason one first-world nation would launch a full-scale attack on another in this modern day is for a power and control grab (or other petty political or economical reasons caused by the same swine who send us into these silly "wars"). Second and third-world nations wouldn't have a chance (and so "they" resort to terrorism). So explain to me why hundreds of thousands of young men and women are required for cannon fodder in the 21st century? Is there a world shortage of delusional nationalistic patriots that I don't know about?

Fact: blaming policy makers for the destruction that grunts cause is an oxymoron. I can't argue with you that these "elected" representatives are the ones who send us to war, but these fools who put their hands up to be brainwashed into becoming emotionless catatonic government killing tools aren't helping the situation much either. One thing's for sure - this crap isn't going to end on the policy-makers' side. Humanity has to make the first move - by refusing to fight their wars. A crazy idea, I know, but it has to start somewhere if we still want to have a planet to call home in another fifty years.

PS. I mean no disrespect to "conscious" military men - and you know who you are - but from my observation, they are far and too few between.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join