It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more worship of the troops

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Those who agree to serve, for whatever reason, actually have earned more then those who have not. They have put themselves up for death so you can have the right to complain.

Pardon me if I disagree with this statement. I've earned the right to my opinion on anything I feel like. ...and I served not a day in the military.

Instead, I got to watch my sisters, all four of them, go off to serve. I got to watch my little brother go off for two tours in Iraq. I get to watch my father suffer through attacks of PTSD from serving in three wars, and another called a "cold". ...and I got to watch my late mother suffer right along side him.

Don't you dare try to tell me I haven't earned it.

Don't you goddamn well dare.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I dont want your worship. That's stupid. I do what I believe is right for me and the country. Your opinion of that belief is inconsequential to me as well. I dont need approval, adoration, or "worship". Just ignore me. I wear camo to not be seen anyway.
edit on 24-6-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Bang on VXN!

If I may, can I use that line myself?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

The soldiers have the free will do decline to participate in murders. Usually it is this brainwashing that forces the soldiers to fight for 'pride in their country'. There is no excuse for participating in murders.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hammanderr

Sad. My positive thoughts and faith in god keep me safe. It is sad that you feel the need to murder those that have been tricked into it themselves. I do my best to forgive, and in the worst case scenarios there is a lesson to be learned. Become aware, deeply aware. Killers are nothing more than people who lack knowledge.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

They too serve who wait at home. Is that knock on the door from Western Union with that lovingly impersonal statement that their son/daughter/brother/sister has been killed in combat? Both my grandmothers sent all their sons off to war. Did she earn the right? My mother, save for myself, sent off all her children, and her husband to far off shores. Did she earn the right? I watched a young man, killed in Afghanistan last week, that I've known since he was five years old, buried last week. Have his parents, his two little boys, his widow, earned the right?

Don't for a moment believe that we who've stayed at home, for whatever reason, yet sent off loved ones to those far off shores; haven't earned the right to comment.

That's our blood out there courting danger. Those are people I grew up with, that I've known for every day of my life. Oh, I've earned every bit of the right to opine. ...and to whine, should it come to that.

For the services rendered by those soldiers I thank you from the bottom of my heart. But that service hasn't rendered your voice any more important than mine.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

we are working very hard at doing what ever they say is good for use as long as they leave our computer alone and dont take our smart phone..give use oil take away our liberty. we use to work hard for what we had made in the USA now we baleout other countrys let our kids die for oil i work for gas if we used our supper power to take our government back we would have over population out of control our troops can only buld so many bridges war is population control

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
What?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Fair enough.

What is that crap about Western Union? Do your homework, no immediate next of kin gets a written notice of a son/daughter/husbands death. A human being comes and informs you in person. Maybe that's how it was done in WWII, but not in these wars. I know for certain fact so quit spreading that lie.

Faith in God is great, the enemy has it like mad. We didn't invent war and we're not independently propagating it, it will exist no matter what. Look at a Natgeo video, violence is human/animal nature.

If you don't want us to be in these wars then get our government to stop them, I'm all for it. I'm just telling you from personal experience, we're mostly killing some pretty nasty people. I'm sure their mommies love them, I'm sure they're nice fathers(they probably genitally mutilate their daughters) but they are just as mean and nasty as I am and deserve their comeuppance as much as I do. Quit bein pansies, stuff dies, so what? I'm not gonna turn my weapons on Americans and that's all you should care about.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

That's lame that you removed my post, you had no good reason to. You shouldn't be putting your opinions on these boards if you can't handle a little criticism. Weak.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

By all means.

I believe that wholeheartedly. I am a proud American Soldier. I serve the people of the United States. All of them. I do not have to explain myself to anyone. I earn everything I have and no more. I do not expect any adoration or worship from anyone. I don't care if one agrees with me or not. I do not require approval to do my job. My job isn't to dismantle the American government or to overthrow anything. It is to obey the orders of the CIVILIAN leadership appointed by the PEOPLE. If one does not like it, take changing the leadership seriously.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

Murder is a legal term. its definition is very specific; there are three (i think) distinct acts that need to be satisfied for a person to be guilty of murder... in general, it cannot be applied to anything American soldiers have had to do in the course of their jobs in this generation or others.

Most people don't know, but Hussein's rule in Iraq was a crime in and of itself as were the Taliban.

They and anyone that picked up a weapon to defend them was committing an unlawful act; murder can never apply.

but its cool...you guys will obviously type until carpal tunnel syndrome sets in trying to convince me of a lie.

No one worships the troops and the troops don't start wars.

edit on 24-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

if war is population control it is failing because the global population is still growing and growing fast.

out of 3 Million troops that cycled through those wars, 6,000 died.

no one wants your computer or smart phone...they'll be obsolete in 6 months anyway.

and nothing anyone is saying makes any sense as soldiers don't start wars and they don't receive worship from anyone.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I'm aware that Western Union is no longer used. When I wrote that, I was referencing my mother, and my grandmothers.

My apologies for the confusion engendered...

Mistakes are not lies. We're going to have to agree to disagree.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

Murder is a legal term. its definition is very specific; there are three (i think) distinct acts that need to be satisfied for a person to be guilty of murder... in general, it cannot be applied to anything American soldiers have had to do in the course of their jobs in this generation or others.

Most people don't know, but Hussein's rule in Iraq was a crime in and of itself as were the Taliban.

They and anyone that picked up a weapon to defend them was committing an unlawful act; murder can never apply.

but its cool...you guys will obviously type until carpal tunnel syndrome sets in trying to convince me of a lie.

If foreign forces invaded the US and were in your neighborhood looting houses and you picked up a weapon to defend your family - would that be murder if they killed you?

If you are depending on legalese to tell what is right and wrong you have already lost your moral compass.

I really hate to say this but many SS in WWII used arguments you have used to defend their actions after WWII, although their crimes were obviously more severe - they didn't get to be that way overnight - it happened incrementally as it is happening in the US.

Saddam's rule in Iraq was a crime? Sure - I agree he was a tyrant - but the US supported him something like 30 out of his 40 years of rule.
edit on 24-6-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addendum

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by michaelbrux

If foreign forces invaded the US and were in your neighborhood looting houses and you picked up a weapon to defend your family - would that be murder if they killed you?

If you are depending on legalese to tell what is right and wrong you have already lost your moral compass.

I really hate to say this but many SS in WWII used arguments you have used to defend their actions after WWII, although their crimes were obviously more severe - they didn't get to be that way overnight - it happened incrementally as it is happening in the US.

yes...in that case it would be murder.

because my home is actually mine.

the long list of dead men from Iraq and other places were occupying someone else's home. that's why the Iraqi's hung Saddam by the neck and didn't give it a second thought. that's why the Libyans got ill in the extreme with Gaddafi.

just because you are behind the curve on this is no reason to criticize me.

and for the record...foreign forces did invade the United States on November 6, 2005. they got brushed aside like so much empty candy rappers because...i'm actually American and this is my home.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

maybe the US supported him all those years was because the highest levels of the US government was occupied by a hostile foreign power at about the exact same time he came to power in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
great video. I always tell people that this country is turning into 30's Germany and they never believe me. What struck out most for me was the Obama worshiping in the classroom. These kids can probably barely grasp economics and how the Government works and there already singing about how great he is.

What's more scary is that there are still Obama supporters.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wow, so many ad hominem attacks in this thread. It's alright to disagree with each other. No troop worship from me.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Army vet here. 983rd Combat Engineers (Heavy). I was a poor kid and wanted to go to college after high school. I joined the Army for that option. I did it for School, myself and my family. I would really rather nobody worship me. It was my choice. Personally, I don't care if you like me because of my military service. I did it. I did a good job. I sleep like the fracking dead at night. If it weren't for people like me, you would all be ahhhhhh, you know...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join