It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more worship of the troops

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

He's completely full of it, all he is doing is trolling for a rise. I hazard to guess he couldn't name 4 Canadian Military Regiments off the top of his head without looking it up on the internet. I can guarantee you nothing of any kind ever took place. The pathetic and disgusting liberal party of Canada destroyed the military budget to the point that they couldn't even afford to get the troops desert uniforms in time for deployment after 911, never mind having some "super duper top secret elite sniper forces" behind enemy lines in Iraq policing U.S. military activities.

Like many other veterans said in this thread, we could honestly care less what a minority of the civilian population thinks about our service to our nation, we did it for reasons that none military members wouldn't understand no matter how hard you try and convey the feeling of brotherhood. I respect your opinion, but spit on me and we will have a major issue.

**Sorry, Didn't see the mod warning before I posted this as this thread is running quite fast..**
edit on 24-6-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
At any rate.

He military folks!

Have you recieved any kind of worship??

I havnt!!! How about you?

Yep or none.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say noperz!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
In all fairness, about 75% of my circle of close people are military, or ex-military out of various wings of the armed services. Every last one of them had gone into the service for one of the following reasons, starting with the most common reason, ending with the least common reason:

Education
To Serve their Nation
As a career to have a stable life
Travel

Not a single one of them had gone into the armed services to hurt, kill, torture, or invade anyone. Also, all of them had expressed their feelings of dislike for the way things are run by the people whom are "leading".

So before you start an angry mob against soldiers of the armed services, keep in mind that they're regular people like you or I that are stuck playing the same game of life as everyone else. You should be more inclined to point your attention to the SOURCE of the problems rather than one of the symptoms.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

I am aware of the vast right winged conspiracy and it exists above their heads as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

Even in WIkipedia, you will see the Clear and Present Danger principal totally whitewashed and turned into a simple issue of free speech.

No. Clear and present danger is the justification for deadly use of force. Without which you are not acting in self defense or the defense of innocent third parties, you are committing murder.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
if humans switch their brains ON, they don't need to battle versus each other because no free time will exist 4 such foolishness: it's hella hard to colonize outer Space
big problem of the USA has been $-clans + SS/Ahnenerbe & guys like that. i think this video would be useful 4 People to figure out how deeply wrong USA has gone in

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

You need your military for protection against other countries. The problem is those who rule.
Seems to me that you guys need a revolution. Instead of a government where the important cases are decided by a group of people you need to have a solution where the people as a whole vote for the important decisions.
The weakness about this solution is propaganda.

In order to create a revolution to get things better for not only the people of USA, but also for the the victims of your wars, you first and foremost need propaganda to prepare the people for the choice.
Then you need resistance groups to grow into large enough groups in order to get the rest of the people(who are mostly cowards) to follow in order to bring down the government.(which is very unlikely)

What can I say? You guys are f...ed

edit on 24-6-2012 by TheLastCard because: word correct

edit on 24-6-2012 by TheLastCard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

If you want a bit of closure so we can move forward, then we have to blame it on the Gods.

We have to say that the attitude towards collateral damage in the Balkans was what got you in trouble.

Almost the same amount of causalities, collateral damage, you know innocent men women and children that you were instructed not to murder, but to merely damage their infrastructure, those deaths were treated as nothing at all.

So someone up there flew some planes into the trade center and as many people died as died as collateral damage in the Balkans.

But then you weren't satisfied with that you used that as a stepping stone for empire.

Well you were already caught. So they wiped their ass with your flag and you were powerless to do anything to prevent it. But go back further to George Sr. Invading Iraq after Kuwait was cross drilling into Iraq?

Well you know. Thats what you are. I can't fix that.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by petrus4

DON'T WORSHIP THE TROOPS.

Soldiers are not gods. They are men and women who are trying to do the right thing.

Now whether you believe it's the right thing or not, is moot.

I don'thate union members.
I don't hate liberals.
I don't hate vegans.
I don't hate PETA members.

I respect that "they" think they are doing the right thing.

Don't want to say thanks?
Fine. Sometimes it gets embarrassing.

But actively spit on us, you might find we have issue with that.

Just ignore us. Turn your back. We don't want worship when we get home.

Actually, a job and an oppourtunity to work would be nice.

Very nicely put, you nailed it

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

So, I don't know. Where do you start? Where do you begin to teach people the fundamentals of law?
How do you teach them virtue when the word itself sounds as if you are now going to make them sit in church, and its hot, and you feel uncomfortable and really you would rather be playing computer games? Put the laws and ethics and morals into the games of course.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

America has not been involved in a single major conflict, where said involvement did not begin as a result of a false flag incident. Not one.

How about world war 2, when Japan bombed pearl harbor. Alot of people think pearl harbor was a false flag but there just ignorant. America was staying out of the war until the Japs thought America was weak and attacked us. Anyone really think we would start a false flag so we could drop 2 nukes on a country? lol NOT EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY
edit on 24-6-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Peace, unity and love.

You will not find all three of these on planet Earth.

There is a reason the aliums dont land here.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I am personally insulted

PERSONALLY

Those who agree to serve, for whatever reason, actually have earned more then those who have not. They have put themselves up for death so you can have the right to complain.

They have agreed to put their lives on the line for the whole tribe should it be necessary. If as a whole YOU choose bad leadership it is the wholes fault. The veteran has not set policy for the last two decades... If I remember both parties have been at the wheel....

Nope that is the under-trained civilians fault for voting in BAD leadership...

As for the no military, you would still be having this argument, because with out defenders others would force women to do things they object to, children would be sold in chains, and the idea of race equality would apply to those that are more equal then others... And the people would be forced to join as peace keepers in the name of someones self interest....

Nope I find most of the logic used to be a major fallacy.

Troops are not worshiped in any such way. (In fact, if you want a taste of what universal health care is like visit the VA for treatment)

Nope I have found most are
discriminated against
Hated for no reason
Arrested by being the wrong area

mostly by liberals.....

Veteran is someone who signed on the dotted line twice, so you have freedom. They put up as collateral their lives, so their neighbors, friends, and family have a future.

Are you aware that if the Vets where to sue the government for all the infractions committed against them while employed by the People of the United Stated, the US Government could not afford anything. Which includes planned parenthood, FASFA, medicare, social security, food stamps, road repair, school money...

In fact the conditions are so bad a working environment I am surprised more liberals have not protested the horrible working conditions present. (after all if a job damaged you the way service does you would own that company. Or are you saying injuries are the result of the workers, they agreed to take the jobs)

-your required to exercise and bathe regularly
-you get yelled at for failure (or you die)
-you are required to train
-you are required to work 24/7 with no brakes
-you are required to be somewhere on time
-you are required to wear clean uniforms
-you are required to be groomed
-and the worst part, you have to do your job

They wont even allow you to unionize.....

The truth of the matter is most people that hold ANTI-vet opinions better pray that the vets do not decide to feel the same way about those civilians. Can you guess who will win that argument...

Trained to hold dialogue
trained to protest
trained to complain about treatment

versus

Trained to operate in both small and large groups
trained to kill
Trained to survive under most hard conditions...

I do not see this going well for the anti-vet team...do you..

No offense is intended, but vets are NOT worshipped, mostly despised....

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It took a whole lot of deception to get America and most of Isaf to get motivated to shoot up Afghanis. The Nazis were told to spray the Untermenschen with lead and that was good enough for most of them. I think there is a big difference here.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Guess what, and now yous are doing the same in other countries, congratulations...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I do believe what the OP was trying to say is that as this country lurches closer to fascism that a majority of the military won't quit and start fighting along side most of the country's citizens, but rather "continue following orders" for FEAR of being drawn and quartered.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Hard to say I only know what I'm thinking.And that would be Iranians like me and I like them.Why we let maniacs get into power is our first mistake.Why we are swayed by dogmatic faith is our second mistake.We are all children of the book,we should be working as a constructive team for the creator not perpetuating division. Our third and worst mistake is an unchecked is a reckless pursuit of treasure that has infected our leadership.We should all instinctively know lobbyists have no place in the political arena.There are your roots of evil wrapped up in a pretty little package.

The military doesn't have a thing to do with it.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Hard to say I only know what I'm thinking.And that would be Iranians like me and I like them.Why we let maniacs get into power is our first mistake.Why we are swayed by dogmatic faith is our second mistake.We are all children of the book,we should be working as a constructive team for the creator not perpetuating division. Our third and worst mistake is an unchecked is a reckless pursuit of treasure that has infected our leadership.We should all instinctively know lobbyists have no place in the political arena.There are your roots of evil wrapped up in a pretty little package.

The military doesn't have a thing to do with it.

Preach brother! Preach!!!!

I have an interesting story about a person i befriended along time ago when i began working on electronics. His name was Ali, and he was Iranian.

Oh oh turned me on to a purple looking spice to cook with also. I forgot the name of the spice but it was unique in taste. Very good. He gave me a ziplock bag of it and i used it all.

edit on 24-6-2012 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

That's not the majority, and you should know that.

Former military are all taught above all else, that teamwork is the way things get accomplished. Whether it's a battle in a far off desert, or in the backroom of a grocery store here in the U.S.

Did you ever follow up on that confrontation? Find out the why's and wherefore's? Everyone can have a bad day, or even week...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join