It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more worship of the troops

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

You know I was right involved as usual right at the top so my take on it would not be the same as other people's take on it. And I know that at times people are powerless to stand up for what is right, and they feel they must follow along. They must obey orders.

And if the people are brainwashed by propaganda towards racist hatred, well then you need to remember that racism is wrong, and America has always been against racism.

You know this whole episode is about power struggles and struggles for freedom and for oil.
And where I was it was about idealism. And the will to power in some leaders.

I don't blame the troops. And I don't blame the generals either. You made them what they are.

I still support the troops. Because I know most of them are good people. But America used to mean more to the world. Read a history book.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Canada sent in military to Iraq, yeah snipers, and we shot a lot of Americans who were murdering people. And we are damn proud of it.

Can you please check your PMs.

I am trying to confirm that you just admitted to physically taking part in the intentional Friendly Fire / Murdering of NATO forces in Iraq while you were in the Canadian Armed Forces. You said you were proud of it. Please acknowledge my request.

Did you take part (Physically) in the murder of friendly NATO forces? Were you the spotter or the trigger?
edit on 24-6-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
reply to post by michaelbrux

Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came was a title for a 70's movie. Yes its the politicians that start the wars generally, but going to war does not always serve our country, sometimes it seems to serve the corporations and arms manufacturers and others that make money when we go to war. And I too am tired of hearing that everyone who serves is a Hero; to me that demeans the meaning of the word. There ARE true heroes but it takes more than just going overseas to become one, or serving in a war zone, or being shot at by someone. Remember that woman in the Iraq war, a soldier, who was captured and survived? Made all the news? I can't look up her name right now but she was called Hero and was huge in the media for a while but she never fired a shot, never rescued anyone, never did anything but be a prisoner and then released. What made her an actual hero? Nothing I can think of.
I appreciate my family that served, I appreciate my friends that served ( I could not), and I appreciate those who served in certain wars, but I personally think Afghanistan has been a pointless war for years. We kicked the Taliban out of rule but there was no way we were ever going to turn this tribal mess of a country into a functioning democracy, so its been an extra decade of death for us and them. To volunteer to go there to me seems like the wrong thing to do. It doesn't serve our country.

Jessica Lynch..."I'm a soldier too." her famous line. She was quite clear that she was no hero and went to the Army to get money for college and become a school teacher. But when the war came she actually went, almost died, but came back.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

By we does he mean HE killed Americans in iraq.

Tsk tsk.

Expect company, and a full investigation. Your IP is tracked and now.

Noted. Be proud of that.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Slodds

Sorry about the typos. Im on my phone and out with the family.

Enjoying america. With all its flaws, i love this country and the ability to enjoy such activities.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You know I have these discussions with my friends at the top all the time, and of course we differ in opinion, on philosophical grounds and on legal grounds and the last thing they want me to do is to say what Socrates said, which was you will damage your soul.
Thats what he said.

But as soon as you start to get into soul and religion oh gawd here we go again and the walls go up. Even for philosophy.
So what I say to them, I say well, I don't know, I am not an accountant, but I know there is one.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
**** ATTENTION ****

GET ON TOPIC.

The topic is not other members and where they are or what they may or
may not have done.

Also, stop with the insulting remarks.

You will be post banned.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Oh gosh. Ya'll have gotten the MOD mad.

Ok ok ok back on topic.

The whole worship thing i have not seen or felt sooooo i cant really reply either way on that part.

However. As a subtopic, i do think america needs a military, although some say we dont.

I say look back through the history of man. See what happaned to the people who didnt have a military for defense.
edit on 24-6-2012 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You can continue whining on the internet.

I'll continue doing my job.

Deal?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

So, there was no clear and present danger. Ok, US Supreme Court.

So then the question is, how is it possible that the guys who usually wear the white hats all of a sudden go crazy and become totally evil beyond comprehension from the top right through the ranks?

How it is that Tony Blair could do anything without clear and present danger, how George Bush Sr and Junior could.
You don't have laws those are just for show? Just a bunch of funny people high on themselves who are really retarded?
Thats what history will say about your so called great empire probably because the most basic of civilized behavior was just thrown out the window.
I wouldn't even know where to start, to get America back on track in that regard.

If you don't know square one. If you cannot learn the first most basic principals about what it means to be human, then you are just dogs running wild.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

And if nobody joined the military, then you wouldn't be free today to be posting on the internet.

Yes we would, because Hitler would never have had an invading army.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by petrus4

DON'T WORSHIP THE TROOPS.

Soldiers are not gods. They are men and women who are trying to do the right thing.

Now whether you believe it's the right thing or not, is moot.

I don'thate union members.
I don't hate liberals.
I don't hate vegans.
I don't hate PETA members.

Well I don't know about PETA members
But I do find it interesting how so many of the people I meet who bash the military and the people in it have never been in the military and know nothing about it. When I tell people that I used to be in the Air Force they automatically assume that I flew a plane. I do not believe that military members need to be treated like gods. I also believe actors and reality tv stars shouldn't be treated like gods and royalty either. Why? Because they are people and people should be respected. In fact anyone who bashes the military should try being in it, actually never mind about that, they are probably not the kind of person I wold want to have my back.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpig221
You can continue whining on the internet.

I'll continue doing my job.

Deal?

Ha!!!!!!

Deal bro!

Roll on 3.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Well, the newsflash is that the government is not abiding by the rules, and they haven't been for a long time now. So why is violent revolution so revolting an idea to so many people? Does your liberty mean so little to you that you would rather do nothing? They even take away and restrict the one other avenue of dissent, which is publicly protesting, which wouldn't work and hasn't worked in America in a long time. The politicians do not have to listen to what the people want, because it doesn't matter what the people want. Once the position of office gets high enough, maintaining public support doesn't even matter. Look at how much Obama promised toward disclosure and transparency, only to recant after taking office. So many things are wrong, .........

I think this is exactly why people are doing nothing, as many know that to go against our Govt' would now label one a terrorist and could lock us away, or worse..
Our leaders have advanced to a stage where they no longer listen, or need to listen to what we the people want. We are mere slaves and they only see our tax dollars. Maybe that is our only defense. But it would never work, because too many want that new car, house, Iphone, boat, etc.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

The canadian has been reported. No worries.

He will be dealt with. As he wanted.

Back on topic bro.... Dont get sucked in by his type.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join