It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more worship of the troops

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I was going through my past Facebook timeline, and came across a video I'd linked from YouTube last year.

It highlights the parallels that exist between contemporary America and Canada, and Nazi Germany. It also clearly shows the role that adulation of the military has played in both cases.

Every single time the claim is made, that every day is Memorial Day, said claim must be countered. If it is said one hundred trillion times that every day is Memorial Day, it must be said one hundred trillion and one, that every day is not.

I don't know whether or not humanity will ever be freed from the shadow of psychopathic fascism; but I do know that the first step towards reaching that condition, is to cease our worship of both the military, and war itself. The military do not prevent the scenario of global fascism from becoming a reality; in fact, they serve to bring that scenario closer.
edit on 24-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
creeps me out man

+67 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Some of you military bashers need to put your heads on straight.

Fact: Politicians and Lawmakers and by extension the people that elected them are responsible for the wars.

the soldiers that fight in them do what is asked of them and are not capable starting a war;

+62 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

Fact: Politicians and Lawmakers and by extension the people that elected them are responsible for the wars.

the soldiers that fight in them do what is asked of them and are not capable starting a war;

And if nobody joined the military, they'd have nobody to send.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

but they'd still start wars.

they would just figure out a different way to kill people.

but it will be political types that will lead the way.

+69 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

but they'd still start wars.

they would just figure out a different way to kill people.

but it will be political types that will lead the way.

The military have to shoulder some of the responsibility, "I was just following orders" is not a legitimate defence.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

i agree 100% its the government that needs to change.
unfortunately it never will

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
and based on what i've read. Military's were never created with the intention that they be used to kill people.

and armed troops are the least important component in a defense scenario.

the idea to use a weapon on a human being instead of on a wild animal for food or safety was something that only emerged about 6,000 years ago; coincidence?

in suspect that before that military men were little more than explorers and adventurers and when close to home they provided the bodies for public works and such.

but when you first see them being used in this manner, killing people,...who is pulling the strings?

priests and lovers of peace. politicians and philosophers are their modern equivalent.

i'm really glad the system that's been built in America doesn't let everyone participate...you'd guys destroy the whole thing.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

i'm sure some will be willing to shoulder 'some' of the responsibility for their specific actions...not in general.

but those guys would never leave their barracks if not ordered to do so...

they'd exercise, study ... learn how repair computers or something and take care of their families.

+40 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage

And if nobody joined the military, then you wouldn't be free today to be posting on the internet.
And if nobody joined the military, then you wouldn't be free to worship (or not) as you wish.
And if nobody joined the military, then you'd be either dead or enslaved by someone else's
military and they wouldn't be treating you well at all.

The FACT is that there are entities in the world - both government and ideologically orientated - that want the free Western world not to be free. They want to impose their rule of law or religion over you. that's just the truth. Troop-bashers ignorantly forget the FACT that this is real. :shk: Having a strong military is a deterant to those who wish to impose themselves on us and to destroy our society and our freedoms.

That's the truth. Deal with it.

+46 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by BrianDamage

And if nobody joined the military, then you wouldn't be free today to be posting on the internet.
And if nobody joined the military, then you wouldn't be free to worship (or not) as you wish.
And if nobody joined the military, then you'd be either dead or enslaved by someone else's
military and they wouldn't be treating you well at all.

This is garbage, Flyers. It's not a fact. It's not a fact at all, sorry.

America has not been involved in a single major conflict, where said involvement did not begin as a result of a false flag incident. Not one.

I know you like sources, so here's one.

The Business of War

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

those sources are illusions.

America is in this current conflict as the direct result of a very real attack by hostile forces located on American soil.

in exactly two weeks, I will be happy to prove it to you.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

reply to post by petrus4

those sources are illusions.

America is in this current conflict as the direct result of a very real attack by hostile forces located on American soil.

in exactly two weeks, I will be happy to prove it to you.

I look forward to receiving said proof. I'm also going to assume, for the sake of argument, that you've referred to said essay as an illusion without even having glanced at it; but given that that is what I was expecting, I won't hold it against you. As it has often been said, ignorance is strength.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
This is garbage, Flyers.

It's the truth. If you think that there aren't entities out there who want to destroy the free west and especially America, then I've got a bridge to sell you ...

America has not been involved in a single major conflict, ....

A strong military means that those entities won't hit you because they know they'll get hit back. Weaken our defenses, and it will embolden those who wish us destroyed to attack us. Be it China ... or Iran ... or N. Korea ... or the ideology of radical Islam .... there are entities out there who wish us extreme harm. The only thing keeping them from taking us over is the fact that we are strong.

Dippy-hippy wannabeeees want to disarm the USA.
They dont' realize that is suicide.
Their internet .. freedom of speech ... freedom of (and from) religion ... all would go away.
(Or they'd just plain be dead)

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

DON'T WORSHIP THE TROOPS.

Soldiers are not gods. They are men and women who are trying to do the right thing.

Now whether you believe it's the right thing or not, is moot.

I don'thate union members.
I don't hate liberals.
I don't hate vegans.
I don't hate PETA members.

I respect that "they" think they are doing the right thing.

Don't want to say thanks?
Fine. Sometimes it gets embarrassing.

But actively spit on us, you might find we have issue with that.

Just ignore us. Turn your back. We don't want worship when we get home.

Actually, a job and an oppourtunity to work would be nice.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Go Petrus4

I agree with what you are saying.

I think the public was thinking pretty much the same thing as what you are saying toward the end of Vietnam.

We actually owe the hippies/Vietnam protesters alot.

It seems that things have turned full circle now.

War is peace again. Ignorance is strength.

I honestly think that people have gotten dumber. I watch old clips of people from all walks of life getting beaten by Police at Vietnam protests. Standing for what was right. It was obviously not just 'hippies'. I suspect that MSM lied about the protesters just as much as they do in relation to OWS.

People seemed to care more back then too.

The world is a much more selfish and greedy place since Vietnam. People seem to mostly only care about themselves.

edit- Some of the Vietnam protesting went too far though. We cant blame the troops. We must blame the governments. I do not think we should worship the troops but they do deserve our respect.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

It's partly because WW2 has almost passed out of living memory, at this point; so the fascists figure that it's time for them to try again.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

It's partly because WW2 has almost passed out of living memory, at this point; so the fascists figure that it's time for them to try again.

fascists/communists - same difference

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I support the military just fine, until the military starts resenting me because of their job.

Let me explain better with this story...

I worked with and was manager over this guy who was not in the military anymore. He saw active duty, he had horror stories, I really respected him and what he did for his country.

One day, I had to ask him to do some work he may have deemed "below his level" because where he was working under me he had not been promoted yet out of some of the less desireable demands of the job. After a while, I noticed his work was still not accomplished. I said "Hey (name redacted), can I help you finish up this project?" totally trying to implement teamwork here and nothing else.

His response threw me off guard, and really changed the way I looked at the Support Your Troops mantra. He said "Why should I be doing that crap work, you know I almost died for you over there". In an instant I spun around and looked him dead in the eye, without thinking, and said "I didn't ask you to join the military, you chose that for yourself. While I respect what you have done for our Country, you will not use that excuse ever again under my supervision to get out of doing work, this is not the Military" and walked off.

Was I right in this response? I don't know. I've struggled with it since I said it. I tried to be a very cool-headed and helpful supervisor and reserved this kind of "talk" for people who insisted on slacking off. I never had another problem with this employee again, in fact he turned out to be very close to me. It's a slippery slope.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I don't know whether or not humanity will ever be freed from the shadow of psychopathic fascism; but I do know that the first step towards reaching that condition, is to cease our worship of both the military, and war itself. The military do not prevent the scenario of global fascism from becoming a reality; in fact, they serve to bring that scenario closer.

I don't worship our troops.

That said, I respect them a hell of a lot more than snot-nosed kids sitting behind computer screens posting updates on Facebook, stuffing their faces with Twinkies, *playing* Medal of Honor, and using their spare time to tell people on internet forums their interpretation of reality.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join