It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the English hate Americans so much?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I don't really understand what exactly we did to you guys...I understand the Muslim nations hating us with every bit of anger there is, but England...seriously? you guys are our allies and we have supported you for a very long time. There are people who say: "the worlds hates America, you fool"...that's an ignorant statement, you cannot "hate" America for it is a continent and a large land mass. English people I want you to understand that Americans are not the bad guys here, it is all the corporations and evil governments that do corrupt things. I know the average American who spends most of his/her time on useless parties and video games are moronic.

Second thing that English people complain about is "America is a dirty rat hole", as I stated not all English think this way...just 20%-30% of your people do. Real grown people don't have time write stupid crud like that. We have idiots who hate on others too, actually a lot more of the southerners do. There are uneducated people scattered through out the world.

Here are some pics of my home state of California (San Diego). This is why I love this place. This is just a small fraction of the entire city.

edit on 24-6-2012 by SecretUnicorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
sweeping generalisations much?

i'm from the uk, and i don't hate the americans. or anybody else from any other countries for that matter. the only people i despise are the corrupt people running our countries.

please adjust your thinking to take on board the fact that some of us don't care what country you come from or live in, we are all human beings and as such we should all be able to find a way to get along.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Your not hated with love from up north...its all the over blank policies that give the bad name...do a little research and keep up with matters...I'm quite disgusted and want out....scottish by the way

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

I'll vouch for that,and hug ya forever...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
For god sake... Who cares.

How you are perceived overseas is bad, yes - But most western countries have the same problem created by our own media. America - fat and dumb, over ran by overweight people and immigrants whilst the upper-class white people vote for war and nob'ed politicians. Britain - Tea drinking, queen speaking prod along's with a next to Totalitarianism attitude on their actions, with a crime rate and urban culture that is none existent.

Just like religion, different towns, different countries and different anything - you get the good in bad in all and to say that the place is bad because of a stereotype then your an idiot your self. Simple.

These threads shouldn't be allowed, no offence buddy but the forum is full of this crap and we have been over this millions of times, so many times that obvious trolls are starting to become more obvious.

If you want to continue this debate then why don't you visit one of the dozens of threads that popped up just this week. This argument is for trolls, because in the real world where people actually think for their selves - We know stereotypes are very wrong and no matter what country you visit we see very big similarities to our selves, flags and countries borders dont instantaneously make a person bad.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
hate americans. no
i have met several americans due to my line of work.

some are loud and brash and some are really good people to have met (no different to some english people).

what is wrong with america is not the people so much but government and other forces there.

gluttony seems to be my main issue with america, wether it be food or oil over consumption seems to rule.

but you cant really blame the american people for that.

there was another thread on ats the other day from an american who had been in europe on holiday and had rented a diesel car.
he loved the fuel economy and wanted to buy the same car in america.
however he quickly found that he could not buy the car.
i did read that it is difficult to buy a diesel car inamerica due to some emissions bull# regulation.

my above example shows one problem with america.

all of the american people that I have met have said one thing though.
they love our news coverage here in the uk.
very multicultural and covers other countries.
they loved that.

so no you chaps are good. just governed by idiots (just like here in the uk)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Im not too fond of America, I hate the fact that your controlled by bigger fools than we are, I also dislike that 'America' is currently invading the middle east and killing # loads of innocent people for no bloody reason.

Put it this way, I wont be surprised if America gets owned/invaded.. It would be # yes. However it'll show people that you can just go take dump's on your door step. I.e... the other people on this planet. Although im sure if China jumps on in to show you the ropes, the UK wont be far behind to 'lend a hand' ¬__¬, grrrreat.

As for 'hating American's.' I have no real hate.. I have problems with speaking to American people sometimes as I find most I come across over confident (Its a good trate American's are known for) and loud. We use the term, 'Cocksure' and its usually difficult to converse with people like that.

However this is generalising alot! I also dont think theres much need for threads like that. Also, I dont think your urban landscape is very impressive.. you should see the highlands of scotland.. now THAT is picture worthy
What your showing is just money being shoved around the place.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
most annoying things about quite a few americans
Im English and they constantly say im from Europe.
Europe IS A #ING CONTINENT!

lol part from that just the same as everyone else lol

Oh and that was that one guy i met you said london was invaded in WW2 and it was american troops who reclaimed the city. He was being totally serious
but as i say 1 guy

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The idea that English/British hate Americans is a very general and inaccurate statement.

You have got your impression from a very small vocal minority or perhaps a few youtube videos. This is not a trend by any means. Speaking for myself, the common labelling of Scottish, Welsh and Irish as 'English' can be offensive and ignorant.

Speaking for others, our 'special relationship' between the United Kingdom and the United States that ensures that we go to war whenever you guys do also can be offensive. However, this is out of our hands and in the hands of our governments. I think the benefits of this relationship can sometimes be out-weighed by the feeling that we will always get judged upon the foreign policy of the US, that we are seen as the US's biggest carrier with a permanent location off the coast of mainland Europe. Therefore when the US and Russia take us to nuclear war, the United Kingdom will be the first to feel Russia's love on your behalf.

However, to go back to your original question; every country has it's vocal minorities, we could all look up videos on youtube demonstrating how moronic both certain individuals from the US and UK are. It only proves the old true saying; "Empty vessels make the most noise" or in other words; those of little knowledge / education / intelligence, will always have the most to say and be the loudest.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I don't hate Americans.
I don't like the flag waving,blindly patriotic, over consuming, disney glossed, "we have a right to everything on the whole planet", "we know what's best for everyone else, even if they don't realise it" stereotypes.
But that's what they are, stereotypes, not the vast majority of North Americans.
We probably don't dislike Americans any more than anyone else, you're not that special.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretUnicorn

"The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends".
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Hate is such a strong word to be bandied about. Can we give it a rest? Try something difficult instead. Love the haters. (that really irritates them)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Just adding myself to the list of people who don't hate Americans.
I don't think popular culture in general does. Popular English culture is much too busy hating the French and regular opponents in World Cup matches (like the Germans and the Argentines).

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
We don't hate you, I don't anyway. We all have a common enemy. That enemy try's to put us against each other, there strategy was devide and conquer. Thread like this, fuel that fire. Everyone (here) knows everything is bigger and better in America. That's a common saying here. Forget about the haters man... They just jealous.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
They don't.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Amercians are evil.

^^ see what I did there.. Oh snaaap!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I wish you would have told me I hated Americans sooner. That way I could have avoided marrying an American and fathering 4 American kids. Think of all the money I could have saved.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Thanks for your images of highrise buildings, the golden arches and a city skyline overlooking waterways....these features are aren't unique to San Diego by the way.

Not being English, yet the question still applies - it may possibly have something to do with the apparent arrogance, ignorance and lack of understanding towards other nations/sovereign states....??

Oh and by the way,

.."America for it is a continent"..

North America is the Continent, it includes other nations - just saying

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Don't listen to idiots is the moral of this story. I'm English and I don't hear anyone saying anything bad about America except on the internet where they're anonymous. There are a few stereotypical views by a minority of us about America but nothing even remotely close to hate. I've noticed a flurry of these kinds of threads over the months with Americans posting ''why does such and such hate America'' so all I can say to my American cousins is just relax.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Not fair to tar a nation with the same brush. I'm English and married to an American, but to answer your question;

It's people like 'you' making threads like 'this' that makes English people dislike Americans.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
most annoying things about quite a few americans
Im English and they constantly say im from Europe.
Europe IS A F*&ING CONTINENT!

lol part from that just the same as everyone else lol

most annoying things about quite a few Brits
Im a U.S. citizen and they constantly say im from America.
America IS A F*&ING CONTINENT!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join