It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daddy/Mommy Can I have new arms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I was thinking about such a situation earlier. What would happen in the future if robotic limbs existed.

Would people change them as often as they change their phones now?

What would you tell your children if they wanted to get those robotic limbs?

As for me, I would not want to have anything like that stuck to my body, I would even be shocked that people would wish to give up their natural limbs.

What would you think if this becomes a reality?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Thats a weird thought and thread, but people do have robotic arms. Mostly veterans who have lost limbs during a war. I can not imagine people wanting them though.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
If you wish for robotic arms,I have a very good way to get rid of those useless arms you have now.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingMe

I, honestly, would be disgusted that someone would want to give up perfectly good arms that they were born with for robot arms. I really dont think that this would ever really become a reality though, i think most people would shudder at the thought of having their limbs removed in the first place although there are some wack jobs out there but i really dont think enough people would actually desire to do this to take the world by storm. Even if it became a possibility i think it would still be very rare to see a person actually have their limbs removed for robot ones. So yeah if my kid asked for robot arms i would say no and then maybe ground him or something lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies

I, honestly, would be disgusted that someone would want to give up perfectly good arms that they were born with for robot arms. I really dont think that this would ever really become a reality though, i think most people would shudder at the thought of having their limbs removed in the first place although there are some wack jobs out there but i really dont think enough people would actually desire to do this to take the world by storm. Even if it became a possibility i think it would still be very rare to see a person actually have their limbs removed for robot ones. So yeah if my kid asked for robot arms i would say no and then maybe ground him or something lol.

The things we shudder at today may appear normal to our grandchildren. All has to do with the world you were raised in.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

what if one was born with out one or missed one from accident or war?I think the technology would put smiles on faces.......as long as their not bionic with destructive powers

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

what if one was born with out one or missed one from accident or war?I think the technology would put smiles on faces.......as long as their not bionic with destructive powers
I was talking about those who had perfectly good arms but choose to do this.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Interesting post, think it would be foolish to replace a limb that is working fine.
But then again, thousands of men and woman that have beautiful bodies undergo surgery to enlarge or adjust a certain part of it.
Think the step to robotic limbs will be much in the same way, insecure people will use it to boost there confidence.
Never mind your previous body part was fully functional, that is not reason for the switch.

To the point, i think its our psychological instability that forces us to mangle ourselves.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Thats a weird thought and thread, but people do have robotic arms. Mostly veterans who have lost limbs during a war. I can not imagine people wanting them though.

I can't imagine people wanting metal stuck in their face, but there it is.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingMe
I was thinking about such a situation earlier. What would happen in the future if robotic limbs existed.

Would people change them as often as they change their phones now?

What would you tell your children if they wanted to get those robotic limbs?

As for me, I would not want to have anything like that stuck to my body, I would even be shocked that people would wish to give up their natural limbs.

What would you think if this becomes a reality?

I have heart disease, Peripheral Arterial Disease, Arteriosclerosis, Fatty Liver, torn rotator cuff. Hell, if I could upload my mind into a whole robot I'd dump this body in a heartbeat.

top topics

join