It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion Is Simply Something To Hide Behind

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Don't need to. The glaring LACK of evidence is clear enough for anyone.

Thats a matter of individual perception.

"Prayers are simply Human Will, and nothing more than that. Miracles, on the other hand, have several theories surround them.

Again a matter of individual perception.

I won't waste my time arguing with someone who performs magick rituals, and obviously hates Christians.

But I will pray for you.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I won't waste my time arguing with someone who performs magick rituals.......

Baptism and the Eucharist are both magical rituals. Every time a Catholic lights a candle and prays, it's a magical ritual. So is the reenactment of the 14 stations of the cross.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Baptism and the Eucharist are both magical rituals. Every time a Catholic lights a candle and prays, it's a magical ritual. So is the reenactment of the 14 stations of the cross.

Not in the context of magick.

But you have the right to your opinion, and quite frankly it doesn't effect my opinion much..so be on your merry way with what you hold as truth, and I'll keep what I see as truth.

edit on 24-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by windword

Not in the context of magick.

"Magick is the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with will." ~ Aleister Crowley

Looks like Jesus practiced magick.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I won't waste my time arguing with someone who performs magick rituals, and obviously hates Christians.

But I will pray for you.

That is sad, WhisperingWinds, I made no claim of doing Magick Rituals in that post, you just assumed I did. Read it again. And I hate not one human being, not one. But there are many Christians that hate me so much they would kill me if they could. What I fight against is the mind control that is keeping Christians faithfully on the knees, hands together, and eyes closed, in service to an unknown and unseen Master and Lord. Both words bespeak of humans who own slaves. I do not ever "waste time," for what I do is educate, but sadly, if I show a Fundamental true things about their Bible, their Religion, they get very angry, and insulting. Angry like you were when typing that post reply. All I did was show you the truth of the matter, and you got mad at me for it. Go and look in your mirror, and see how that looks on your face. I am not here to make enemies, but to teach that which I have learned all these many years of study and research. In return, I get hate mail, called everything but free, insulted, along with my family members who have passed, and my ET contacts. Just today I was looking over some of my threads, and it amazes me how many would rather take something on blind faith, even if the truth is presented to them. I will pray for you also.
Don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Yes, like walking on water, turning water into wine at his marriage to Magdalena, and yes, the forbidden Magick, Necromancy. Care to address that, Christians?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Yes, like walking on water, turning water into wine at his marriage to Magdalena, and yes, the forbidden Magick, Necromancy. Care to address that, Christians?

You may think you educate autowrench, but in actuality you distort, and send out false propaganda, as well as blasphemy what is truly Holy.

I will let the Lord deal with you, I am only required to pray for your soul.
edit on 25-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Everything in this thread is something that has been written by ATS members a thousand times before. While it is good way to improve debate skills I always notice that there are those who post sly insults to each other, which leads to petty arguments.

Another thing I have observed is the lack of participation of thisisnotaname who started this thread.

To WhisperingWinds I would just like to highlight an error you made concerning your reply to windword.

You may think you educate autowrench, but in actuality you distort, and send out false propaganda, as well as blasphemy what is truly Holy.

1. The phrase false propaganda is a double negative and is invalid.
2. You yourself can be in ignorance of what is considered truly holy and thus you are not immune from making errors in your arguments.
3. ?Ask yourself is it wise to sneer against other deities while getting upset when your view of a particular one is challenged.

Also when you wrote

I will let the Lord deal with you, I am only required to pray for your soul.

Think about it. I will let the Lord deal with you, I am only required to pray for your soul.

The first part of this statement implies that you have control of [G]od. Thinking that has just cost you your soul.

The second part of this statement is false because you are not required to pray for any soul, it is a choice you make. This is part of human ego, and while it is not wrong it can led to stagnation and corruption when it is concerned with deities and this is a serious problem with the human mind in the twenty-first century. And there are a great many lazy minds vying for dominance and using propaganda along with other control techniques to 'win the power'.

I too trial to 'win the power' but only for myself and the ID. How I achieve this is of no concern for others so I will not be answering questions relating to such.

I could be considered a Janus but you can not claim I was a Judas. And I do sleep with Jezebel.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Dear Tindalos,

I agree, I am not the brightest light bulb on the block concerning grammar (ok on many other subjects as well
) , maybe even not a light bulb , but more a dimly lit match that tends to get blown out on occasion. Thank you for pointing something out that I'm sure others, and myself are already aware of.

As far as my statement of "I'll let the Lord deal with you, I'm only required to pray for you" . It is a response to feeling much the same as you about the tired arguments that really get no where. It wasn't meant as a derogatory threat, but as a common sense answer that in the end it is God who is in charge, and it is His Holy Spirit who enlightens, and as Christians we are asked to pray for all souls . It was my saying I won't carry on with tedious arguments, but I still care what happens to you.

Now the fact that you can write the quote below, pretty much shows your assumptions, and your guilt to an even greater degree of what you are accusing me of. How sad , and i still do not understand how leaving things to God is saying I control Him ?? If anything it is more an admission that in the end it is He who is in control.

The first part of this statement implies that you have control of [G]od. Thinking that has just cost you your soul.

I find it rather odd and a bit amusing, that you make a post basically damning derogatory type remarks and silly arguments, then choose to single me out, and proceed to do the same thing .

Good luck with that sort of logic.

As for me, I am learning to let the Lord and His Spirit do the converting and stay out of pointless tedious repetitive arguments, so I will not be answering many posts on this thread from this point on.

I will continue to pray for all souls with sincere brotherly love,and compassion, because I believe that is what God wants me to do.

edit on 25-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: because I suck at grammer and proof reading.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I didnt come to Christ to hide from the world, I was doing that just fine beforehand with the drugs and alcohol. I'm free now because of Christ.

Is it weird that many christians were druggie alcoholics before they 'found' their god/s?

Were you really that terrible at life?
edit on 25-6-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

What an unkind thing to say. You must be very young or just very ill manned to think anyone besides yourself would ever think that kind of criticism is acceptable.

Wish you the best in playing the hand you are dealt. Hope you become as good a man as the one you mocked.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I didnt come to Christ to hide from the world, I was doing that just fine beforehand with the drugs and alcohol. I'm free now because of Christ.

Is it weird that many christians were druggie alcoholics before they 'found' their god/s?

edit on 25-6-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

Many people from all walks of life suffer from addictions.

The fact that they could change that situation through the power of their faith, despite what religion it may be, is a testament to the power of faith.

Remember that Christ came to help the "sinners", and the fact that many are helped out of addictions, tells us that their is power to turn your life around, and Christ does indeed help those that reach out ,despite the amount of times they may fail and fall back into sin.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It's unfortunate that this thread has dwelt on "hiding," "obsession," and "addiction" as descriptors.

I, and almost all of the world, prefer to drink clean, pure water. I will throw it out if I have reason to suspect it is contaminated. I demand it at home and restaurants, in fact wherever I go. I'm fortunate, I live in a place that can easily supply me with it.

Am I "addicted" to clean water, or "obsessed" by it? No, I have learned that it is good for my body and that contaminated water is bad. Ask an athlete in training if he can eat as much of whatever he wants. No, he chooses the types and amounts of food that are good for his body. He's not "addicted" or "obsessed." He's making rational judgments about what he needs to do to get into peak condition.

Surely, you can understand that people who believe they have a soul want to "feed" it with the best food possible. Some of you may think that atheism is the best food possible, others may believe that the study and worship of ancient gods is best. No doubt some believe swamp water has vitamins and minerals that make it superior to uncontaminated water, and that eating a dozen cream puffs before a marathon will provide the sugar energy needed for the race.

For thousands of years Christians have believed, based on their own experiences and those of others, that they have found the best "food" for their souls.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Charles,

I agree, and I think that Christianity can be a good foundation for those who are truly seeking a full and spiritual life. What bothers me about "certain" Christians, is when they attack a subject, instead of with reason, empathy or intellect, with scripture or dogma.

For example, a "certain zealous" Christian may start an ATS thread stating "God hates abortion facilitators!" Or, "All new Agers are Dead in God and going to Hell!" Or, "Masons Worship Satan!", "All gays are doomed for Hell."

You get my drift. These kinds of people don't convey the love their god teaches, but use their god to promote their own ignorance and bigotry. In the case of "some" creationists, evolution is their Satan, and anyone who subscribes to it's science is an atheist and damned to hell!

Sorry if I left out some other offensive religious group, who hides behind their religion to promote an agenda, it's just that Christians stand out in my world.
edit on 26-6-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Dear windword,

If you don't mind the reference, you're an angel. It's disappointing (and sometimes irritating) to run across people and posts which are centered on hate and ridicule. I think it's worse for the hater and his soul than for the person who is the target.

Love is such a simple thing, but so vast that we sometimes run from even attempting it. One thing that Christians believe is that they have an example of that love, a model to follow. If I thought that love was some mysterious force throughout the universe, I would despair. I have, however, many human examples that I can attempt to emulate starting with Jesus and going on until today. That's what makes other religions difficult for me. Where are the human examples of love, examples by the hundreds throughout time?

I see power in Islam, gentleness in Buddhism, cold logic in atheism. But where are the saints, the loving people who gave everything for others from love? Perhaps I don't know other religions well enough, but I still have time to learn. Meanwhile, I'm learning where I am.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join