It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion Is Simply Something To Hide Behind

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The human brain exists in the pitch black darkeness of your skull.

The human sees from two eyes attached to brain and wonders "how am I the same when I can see these things around me?"

The human needs to feel different so it expands itself outside of the trappings of the skull and becomes a meta brain aka GOD since unlike other species of animals that all look the same the human is unable to accept the similarity and threfore creates a God in its image in order to grant it special privileges through man made religion.
edit on 24-6-2012 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

When it draws constant attacks from cowards like yourself how can your statement not be false? You are the one who took the easy path. Professors and strip club buddies give you never ending ataboys for wizzing on Jesus. You are so brave. Not.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I didnt come to Christ to hide from the world, I was doing that just fine beforehand with the drugs and alcohol. I'm free now because of Christ.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Bet you were much more interesting on the booze and drugs
jk

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I didnt come to Christ to hide from the world, I was doing that just fine beforehand with the drugs and alcohol. I'm free now because of Christ.

I didn't know that drugs and alcohol where requirements for non-religious persons....

No...now you are using "religion" as a shield much like you used drugs and alcohol before. Different Vice same result.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

I didn't know that drugs and alcohol where requirements for non-religious persons....

No...now you are using "religion" as a shield much like you used drugs and alcohol before. Different Vice same result.

I didn't know they were either,... weird. I was talking about myself, but you say everyone is the same? Sounds fishy, but who am I to judge right?

Jesus Christ is the greatest 1 step program on the face of the Earth then. Amen, He delivered me completely in 1 night that I couldn't do myself trying a hundred times. Praise God.
edit on 24-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

jumped from one addiction to another, well done lol

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Bet you were much more interesting on the booze and drugs
jk

Are you flirting w/ me??

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

Hey, we all worship something or someone.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Sorry, I seem to be having trouble understanding your main paragraph:

The human needs to feel different
Different from what? We have a need to feel different from a rock? I thought humans needed to be accepted, be part of a group.

so it expands itself outside of the trappings of the skull and becomes a meta brain aka GOD
You're saying that we need to feel different (which you have only asserted) and so we became a supernatural, omnipotent being? Did all of us do that, or just the first human? How did that happen? The brain did that my itself? Some one told their brain to expand?

since unlike other species of animals that all look the same the human is unable to accept the similarity
Isn't being unable to accept the similarity the cause of racism and other us against them problems?

and threfore creates a God in its image in order to grant it special privileges through man made religion.
Humanity needs to feel different so it creates a God in it's own image? Why not some other image, say a mountain of tapioca pudding? (I could go for some right now.)

You've got me entirely baffled. Try saying it again, please.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Hi. Hello.

The way I think about it is if you need the Christ to become free then you are still bound by something and thus not really free. Of anything. To become truly unfettered one must abandon the structure of faith entirely.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
Hi. Hello.

The way I think about it is if you need the Christ to become free then you are still bound by something and thus not really free. Of anything. To become truly unfettered one must abandon the structure of faith entirely.

I don't think you're too familiar with the power of His Name. The anointing breaks every yoke immediately when the person repents and asks Him.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Thats what i was going to say, because thats where i was, ontop of being pissed at everyone else for my misery.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

The difference this addiction gives you eternal life, the other addictions kill you. I wouldn't call what i have for Christ an addiction but rather an obsession.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Thats what i was going to say, because thats where i was, ontop of being pissed at everyone else for my misery.

Apparently the group already decided I'm worse off now than I was when I was addicted to the drugs and alcohol?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Do you consider your personal relationships as shields?
If you don't know the Lord you don't know your best friend. God is the one who loves you more than any person ever could.

Sounds like you have your mind made up - that you have the truth, but when you're at the bottom of the barrel and feel all hope is lost I hope you consider that maybe you didn't know everything and waste no time finding Him.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
Hi. Hello.

I don't think you're too familiar with the power of His Name. The anointing breaks every yoke immediately when the person repents and asks Him.

His Name, Her Name or It's Name. I know a great deal concerning powers, there is no central one that remains in dominance. I shall be defiant throughout eternity in whatever forms I take. To repent for a life is to show weakness despite the evidence to the contrary that you offer. There is no forgiveness without lies and that is most unsatisfactory. There is no salvation without deception.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Defiant and worried about showing weakness...

You're a satanist arent you, be honest?

edit on 24-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Jesus Christ is the greatest 1 step program on the face of the Earth then. Amen, He delivered me completely in 1 night that I couldn't do myself trying a hundred times. Praise God.

I believe you have been asked before....can you prove the existence of Jesus Christ? And before you answer, remember, this is the only fragment that the NT was taken from....

So, how about it? Prove what you say by posing recent photos, viable description, newspaper articles, history books. After all, you talk like he is right there with you.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Come on now, that seems to be the standard response to anyone who disputes Christianity. Everyone save the Christians is a Satanist, right? Let me ask you, who supports Satan and Demons like they were the best thing in the world? Who is always posing the words Satan, Lucifer, Demons in most every thread in the religious forums? Who believes sop strongly in them they live in a very small world filled with them, attacking at every turn, and only Jesus can save them?

"Both Mithras and Christ were described variously as 'the Way,' 'the Truth,' 'the Light,' 'the Life,' 'the Word,' 'the Son of God,' 'the Good Shepherd.' The Christian litany to Jesus could easily be an allegorical litany to the sun-god. Mithras is often represented as carrying a lamb on his shoulders, just as Jesus is. Midnight services were found in both religions. The virgin mother...was easily merged with the virgin mother Mary. Petra, the sacred rock of Mithraism, became Peter, the foundation of the Christian Church."

Gerald Berry, Religions of the World

"Mithra or Mitra is...worshipped as Itu (Mitra-Mitu-Itu) in every house of the Hindus in India. Itu (derivative of Mitu or Mitra) is considered as the Vegetation-deity. This Mithra or Mitra (Sun-God) is believed to be a Mediator between God and man, between the Sky and the Earth. It is said that Mithra or [the] Sun took birth in the Cave on December 25th. It is also the belief of the Christian world that Mithra or the Sun-God was born of [a] Virgin. He travelled far and wide. He has twelve satellites, which are taken as the Sun's disciples.... [The Sun's] great festivals are observed in the Winter Solstice and the Vernal Equinox—Christmas and Easter. His symbol is the Lamb...."
Swami Prajnanananda, Christ the Saviour and Christ Myth

source

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join