It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military deployed to Fukushima - making the news?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The evidence here is real although just one piece of the puzzle; simply a ground-level observation. I do believe this tied with more pieces of information could lead to a significant story.

This is sensitive to share but I want to ensure that I never looked up specific peoples names, origins, etc and blocked out all info on the baggage tag pictured. I saw this first hand at a major California airport, as a current airline employee. What I noticed is that starting yesterday there have been LOTS of military bags with Fukushima as their final destination. I have seen these US Military bags on more than half the flights I've been working on the last two days (and that's at just one gate, maybe 7-8 flights per shift, at a major airport!)

The airport codes listed:
NRT - Narita, Japan
FUK - Fukushima, Japan

any thoughts? think this will make the news?

edit on 23-6-2012 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Saw some heavy duty fuel thingy s moving on trucks the other day.

Messed up.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

they want too be able too clean up any mess ,,when they remove the rods,,,,u know,, fuel pool 4.
heck they might even catch something,,it is radioactive,,,
so as a good American,,,pray that they remain Safe,, and in the care of God.

just my own view.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'd say it's maybe in preparation for the coming possibility of a weather related event that may require the evacuation of many residents around the surrounding areas.

It could also be radioactive zombie apocalypse related

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
There could be any number of routine reasons to sent them to the area. They could be a civil engineer/construction unit to help with rebuilding. Or it could be a nuclear team to help with the reactor. Or any number of other reasons to send them to the region. Especially with a typhoon having just hit, and another forming out to sea.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Fukuoka Airport (Itazuke Air Base) = FUK

hoax thread

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

thats a bit harsh hoax has such a negative connotation OP genuinely thought something was up and decided to share with us.

Oh well thanks for thinking of ATS at work.
I normally think of my hot co worker or bitch slapping my boss...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Hey Thermo Klein,

So those are GI duffels and are traveling alone? Or are their GI's on flights too? I know others contend the destination, but are they going to Japan for what reason? Good question.

I have another. Whats in them? Eyes on...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You are aware the army does fly through Japan to get to Korea right?I would think this would be a reinforcement to augment the Korean peninsula.It would be a prudent act as they are shifting to a pacific based strategic realignment.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
You are aware the army does fly through Japan to get to Korea right?I would think this would be a reinforcement to augment the Korean peninsula.It would be a prudent act as they are shifting to a pacific based strategic realignment.

US army also flies to Japan sometimes because the U.S. does have military stationed in that country, though Camp Zama is near Tokyo, not Fukuoka, which is far to the South. Either way, Fukuoka is nowhere near Fukushima, much farther even than Camp Zama.

A few GI's rotating over to Japan does not suggest some huge shift in policy. They come and they go all the time.
edit on 6/24/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

This is what happens when people see something then assume something, then they rush to conclusions in their own mind, then they externalize it without checking facts.

In cases like this, google is your friend. 99 times out of 100, it is probably nothing worth writing about.

This is probably the 4th or 5th misleading headline I have seen on ATS this week, and it is starting to get old. I am not even a "regular" on this site, I mostly lurk.

One thing I will say though that always makes me chuckle a little when I see stuff like this. I am in the service, and I find it kind of funny when people try to decipher stuff like this and make out as if there is something sensational when in reality that guy is probably just going to Yokota to scrub latrines. Just saying... Soldiers are people too, there is no reason to try and put some kind of mysterious wall in between us and you (civilians).

Thanks,
Have a good one

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Why would U.S troops be sent to Fukushima?
There is no oil or other natural resource there and the japanese people can actually defend themselves...

ok that was maybe an unfair joke, but it does seem that everytime U.S troops are sent anywhere it's to bully, murder and pillage.

Seriously though. what can some troops do in that situation apart from crowd control?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Crowd control, Civil Engineering, construction..... There's a LOT that the military can do to help.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomguy

Yeah and they come to ATS to find out if its anything significant. Chill out. Maybe they assumed people here would be informative and polite and THAT was their only real fault worth mentioning. It's hard not to think of Fukishima when you see "Japan" FUK. Unless you have a dirty, youthful mind like me, then you might think of something that makes you blush and giggle like a schoolboy when you see that certain telltale combination of letters... hehehehe!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

NRT - Narita, Japan
FUK - Fukushima, Japan

I would think if you work at an airport you would know the proper airport codes.

Fukuoka = (FUK)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

NRT - Narita, Japan
FUK - Fukushima, Japan

I would think if you work at an airport you would know the proper airport codes.

Fukuoka = (FUK)

and Fukushima = FKS

They are at opposite ends of the island.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well I learned something new today..,

Always thought FUK was Fukushima but I was wrong. It is Fukuoka, some 600+ miles away!

Moderators please feel free to change the title or delete the thread.

My apologies. As to the guy who yelled Hoax thread, maybe think about how long someone's been a member or how many flags n stars they've gotten before yelling hoax... It was a mistake.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

And if you worked at an airport you'd know that we aren't expected to know the airport code for every city in the world, especially random places two of three connections away.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this anyway, OP. Nevermind those who would skewer you as a hoaxer. Inquisitive minds want info, and I personally cannot poo-poo someone for trying to get info out, even if it ended up being false.

<<   2 >>

join