It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to hell I guess?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sliznut

Life is too short for all this religious arguments. In reality nobody knows why we're here. Divine involvement or merely by chance or maybe a third option? What are we supposed to do? Help one another or just benefit oneself?

Now what exactly is religion? Religion at its basic core is a philosophy.This is how I think the world was created and this is how i think happens upon death.

Catholics, christians, atheists, etc have no idea what will happen.

So what do we do? People often argue that the source of knowledge should be through science. Research replication etc.

These people forget that science has its limitations. Science can point something out but the interpretation is always inadequate. Think of human consciousness. what causes it? What makes me "Me" or gives me the ability to think?

Some argue the brain. Now what makes a brain? Atoms, protons, electrons, neutrons, quarks, etc. Can I create consciousness by putting 2 atoms together? How about three? How about a billion? This in essence is the issue of science. Is conscious at a fundamental level (atoms) or can we put non-conscious things together and somehow makes consciousness?

Or you could go with the alternative theory of a soul inside a machine but we have yet to prove a soul.

In my opinion, live life and take it easy. If there's a god in the end, great. If there isn't, well we probably won't be able to argue by then

<< 1  2   >>

join