It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry renounced by hundreds of (Christian) Barbadians

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Thank you Brother,

I used to wonder why brethren used to get frustrated on ATS, but I kind of understand now. The kind of abuse we experience would not be tolerated if we were say a LGBT group with secrets, but they will run out of anger, hatred and venom before I run out of compassion for them.

It's interesting what you said about Christ though as it is believed by some scholars that he did infact go to India during some of his missing years, and there may have done some studying. It is believed by some that he taught meditation to his disciples as well as asking them to speak doubts they may have had over what he taught. Thus enabling his disciples to understand his lessons in a far deeper and meaningful way.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jamjar

Christ was a swell dude for sure. I am curious, would you care to explain to me who the "synagogue of satan" is as referred to in the bible? I believe the answer to this question may explain the mysteries of barbados' christians.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
yes they are justified in feeling the way that they do, And i'm sure that secret societies as well as any form of ritual sorcery is forbidden.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Not one of claims to be special. The only thing the masons here are guilty of is having to put up with loads of BS directed strait at us in nearly every single thread about Freemasonry. After years of coming to this websight, both before and after i was made a mason its never changed! In fact, the ignorance in regards to Masonry has gotten much, much worse.

Personally, i get tired of having self righteous zealots tell me my way of life is wrong. Masons dont go out of our way to convert people to ANYTHING, unlike the religious fools that have taken over this web sight.

Im sorry you see us as obnoxious. Its a shame really, because the Freemasons on ATS are knowlegable historians, theologians and scholars. A lot of information could be shared with everyone on ATS if folks would approach it a little differently. A simple search through the SS forum will lead ATS members to hundreds of Awesome threads, authored by Masons, about Freemasonry. Instead, people make new threads, beating the same dead horses about satanism, sacrifice, and crimes commited by an exceedingly small percentage of Masons, and dirty the name of a benevolant, charitable orginaization.

Well, ill be damned if i stand by and let ignorance win the day.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The witch hunt continues,

Pope Pius X during the inquisition verbatim;
"The naked fact that the church of her own authority has tried heretics and
condemned them to be delievered to death shows that she truly has the right
of killing. Who dares to say that the church has erred in a matter so grave
as this?"

It astounds me that men and women of Christian faith don't even know much about the history of their own faith. Did you know that the Corpus Hermeticum was once endorsed by the church?

The "Prisca Theologia"

Many Christian writers, including Lactantius, Augustine, Giordano Bruno, Marsilio Ficino, Campanella and Giovanni Pico della Mirandola considered Hermes Trismegistus to be a wise pagan prophet who foresaw the coming of Christianity.[25][26] They believed in a prisca theologia, the doctrine that a single, true, theology exists, which threads through all religions, and which was given by god to man in antiquity.[27][28] In order to demonstrate the verity of the 'prisca theologia' Christians appropriated the Hermetic teachings for their own purposes. By this account Hermes Trismegistus was either, according to the fathers of the Christian church, a contemporary of Moses[29] or the third in a line of men named Hermes i.e. Enoch, Noah and the Egyptian priest king who is known to us as Hermes Trismegistus[30] or thrice great on account of being the greatest priest, philosopher and king.[30][31]

wiki

This continued until the parishioners realized that ones salvation could come from within ones self and without the church. They were losing control of their subjects and had to put an end to that!

Did you know that Hermeticism has a Trinity in their Theology? Under ONE God. The same God of all religions. Hence "Thrice Great".Did you know that the King James Bible is believed to be edited under the authority of Sir Francis Bacon? Did you know that is believed by many historians that Bacon was infact and Adept of the Rosicrucians, a Mason, Infact perhaps the one that started the modern Masonry, and also he was none other than the author of one of the most famous playwrights in history that used the pen name "Shakespear"?

[There is no better English written this side of Shakespeare than that in the King James Translation."-Charlton Heston 1992]

The 1611 King James Bible is ornamented with Bacon's symbols and in my own special copy of the record edition, also dated 1611, these symbols are Rosicrucianly marked to call the attention of the initiated to them and to tell them that the 1611 Bible is without possibility of doubt, one of Bacon's books.....When Bacon was born, English as a literary language did not exist, but once he died he had succeeded in making the English language the noblest vehicle of thought ever possessed by mankind. This he accomplished merely by his Bible and his Shakespeare." --Edwin D. Lawrence author of Bacon is Shakespeare and The Shakespeare Myth from a lecture October 9, 1912

...The Bible which all of us read and admire from a literary point of view because of it's peculiar and beautiful English was written in that form by Bacon who invented and perfected that style of English expression. The first editions of this Bible were printed under the same guidance and in the same manner as were the Shakespeare plays, and the ornaments for the various pages were drawn in pen and ink and on wood by artists engaged by Bacon who worked under his supervision. Everyone of the ornaments concealed some Rosicrucian emblem and occasionally a Masonic emblem or some initials that would reveal Bacon's name or the name of the Rosicrucians. Such ornaments were put not only in the Christian Bible that Bacon had rewritten but in the Shakespeare plays, and in some of Bacon's own books, and a few other books that were typically Rosicrucinan in spirit.-- Dr. H Spencer Lewis Imperator of the Rosicrucian Order during the 1920-30's, from the Rosicrucian Digest, April 1930

The first edition of the King James Bible, which was edited by Francis Bacon and prepared under Masonic supervision, bears more Mason's marks than the Cathedral of Strasburg.-Manly P. Hall, from a lecture Rosicrucian and Masonic Origins 1929

Bacon edited the Authorised Version of the Bible printed in 1611. Dr. Lancelot Andrewes, Bishop of Winchester, one of the chief translators, was Bacon's close friend. The MSS are missing. That Bacon revised the manuscripts before publication is certain. Neither Bilston nor Miles, to whom the MSS were entrusted for final revision, could have given the world such a literary masterpiece. We have their writings. They are mediocre, barren of style, lacking the creative touch.- Alfred Dodd, Francis Bacon's Life-Story 1986

sirbacon.org

I'm no Mason, but I do know a thing or two about Hermeticism. Deny your Ignorance!!
edit on 24-6-2012 by timewalker because: fixed typo for inquisitors.

edit on 24-6-2012 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

What is hemeticism?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

I rest my case!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

I rest my case!

If i had an applause button i would hit it a hundred times.

Bravo.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Au contraire, mon ami. If I had a reverse negative applause button I would hit it like 300 times.

I'm definitely familiar with hermeticism and hermes and how the mystery schools today have completely bastardized its laws. I would just be curious about what hemeticism was, because homeboy was talking about that. Is it similar to Hermeticism?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I understood what you were doing, just fine.

Its called a typo, homeboy. They happen regularly.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by seabag
Is there a conflict of interest between Christian beliefs and doctrine and masonic belief and doctrine?
There's no such thing as "Masonic belief" when it comes to religion. Masonry isn't a religion. It accepts men of all faiths, and its lessons can help those men strengthen their faith and their relationship with their church.

False idol?
No idols at all. Just God.

umm, then why does the masonic 'bible' have a section about the egyptian gods and obelisks (among other things) inside? i haven't read the masonic version but the video below is pretty damning..

edit on 24/6/12 by emptyOmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I don't argue with YouTube videos. Either interact with me as a reasonable adult or don't.

I understand your desire to keeping dancing around the issue but COME ON!

Let me be direct:

Freemasonry is in direct conflict with the Bible in that Masonry condones communal worship of a generic deity:

"To respect all forms of worship, to tolerate all political and religious opinions; not to blame, and still less to condemn the religion of others; not to seek to make converts; but to be content if they have the religion of Socrates; a veneration for the Creator, the religion of good works, and grateful acknowledgment of God's blessings." (Morals and Dogma, p.333)

The Mason’s acceptance of all faiths falsely relegates the bible to a position of equality among all other religious books.

"The Book of the Law shall be an indispensable article of the lodge furniture. This book, however, need not necessarily be the Holy Bible; but according to the religious faith of the members of the lodge. It may be the Koran, the Zend Avesta, or the Vedas or Shasters. (The Freemasons Pocket Companion, p.44-45)

This statement, by implication, makes Jehovah God one god equal to many; an interesting situation for the Masonic Christian whose all-knowing God knows of no others (Isaiah 44:8).

The final straw is laid on the proverbial camel's back when the deity of Jesus is denied by Albert Pike. On page 524 of Morals and Dogma, he states;

"We do not undervalue the importance of any Truth. We utter no word that can be deemed irreverent by anyone of any faith.

Jesus, in John 14:6, declares Himself to be the Truth, exclusively.

In the same paragraph, Pike makes the blasphemous statement:

“And as little do we tell the sincere Christian that Jesus of Nazareth was but a man like us, or His history but the unreal revival of an older legend."

I don’t care if some guys want to dress like clowns and hang around with a bunch of other guys in their off time (I prefer hanging out with my wife and kids but - to each his own). Just be honest about what it is….a cult.

At your next lodge meeting, ask yourself if you are worshiping the Great Architect of the Universe, the God of all religions, or are you truly worshiping Jehovah God, the one true God of the Bible. If your answer is the latter, then you must ask yourself if your presence in the lodge is truly honoring and glorifying your God.
link

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So, let me get this strait. Acceptance of another humans belief system is something Christ taught others not to do?

Allowing other people to live as they choose to live is something you are against?

Im having trouble understanding how allowing each Man his own beliefs is not a good thing....

Is this still considered a free society? Can people do what makes them happy and worship the god or gods they choose?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well all I can say is its true.

I hope that those in Freemasonry will see it for what it is. I'll pray you see why God keeps hidden away the truth in men. That every person is judged according to his works.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

That video was discussed here.

Its full of wrong information. That thread in the link has all the details.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
reply to post by Jamjar

Christ was a swell dude for sure. I am curious, would you care to explain to me who the "synagogue of satan" is as referred to in the bible? I believe the answer to this question may explain the mysteries of barbados' christians.

Had to do some research as I do not know the bible in the same way a Christan does.

Revelation 2:9

English Revised Version
I know thy tribulation, and thy poverty (but thou art rich), and the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and they are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9

English Standard Version (©2001)
Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet and they will learn that I have loved you.

The only two references in the bible that relate to 'The synagogue of Satan ' both verses appear to say that the synagogue is made up of people claiming to be Jews but are not. I do not know of any Jewish brethren in my lodge or any brethren claiming to be Jewish, and based on that I can only conclude that the synagogue you refer to isn't Masonic.

Oh on a side note, having experiencing sexual abuse at the age of six, I would appreciate people not throwing accusations like that around like confetti at a wedding. Unless of course you have 100% factual evidence that this is the case.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Actually it was just pathetically debunked by masons just like every other thread here. The fact remains that this masonic bible ties biblical figures with ancient egyptian men. Proof that it is just more sun/snake cult.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

whether or not what the guy is saying is true or not it doesn't matter at all because that's not the issue!

the issue is wtf is that stuff doing in the bible!!?

edit on 24/6/12 by emptyOmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

BINGO EMPTY!!!!

It's quite a pleasure to see so many people waking up!!! They can smokescreen and lie all they want but the proof is in the pudding, they would even bastardize the bible.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Double

edit on 24-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join