It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry renounced by hundreds of (Christian) Barbadians

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by emptyOmind

Little comments like that is a good way to bring civility back to any discussion, though, right?

Your arrogance reeks.

Why not step off of the high horses and join us down here in reality with the regular folks?

why because i haven't insulted anyone? because i quoted some Bible verses?
yeah i'm soo arrogant

edit on 25/6/12 by emptyOmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by emptyOmind

Originally posted by network dude
I will openly affirm that they type of Christians that are in this thread would not be compatible with masonry in the slightest bit. They have none of the core values that support a masonic life and they are too far gone in their religious fervor. So in conclusion, no, freemasonry is not compatible with born again/fundamentalist Christianity. Not even a little.

So now the good little bible thumpers can scamper off to a prayer meeting, speak in tongues, fall out in the isles, and just generally pretend that the spirit of God has nothing better to do than display which one of you is more holy than the other. God bless you every one.

i like how the Christians have kept things civil, while the masons jump in with the insults. once again, not surprised.

if you fit into the group I discussed, perhaps you need to take an inward look. If not, then disregard. Look back a few months and read the kind of things your brothers in Christ have been saying. If you think that is Christ like, then I don't know what to say. If you don't like freemasonry, you are in luck, we will not be coming door to door to recruit you. You don't have to join. You can do whatever you like with your free time. But if you spend your free time here telling lies about me, I might just have to answer back.

Sadly, you people don't understand that we are on the same side. You are just so blinded by hate/rage/ignorance, whatever, to see it.

If you ever find yourself in need of real help, don't tell the guy who stops how you feel about masons. He might just be one.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Am I the only one who noticed a pattern of anti-masons slinging out very intolerant and inflammatory remarks at the masons, and when the masons finally get mad and sling insults back, the anti-masons jump up and yell "Ah-ha! You've shown your true intolerant nature you satanists!"

The topic of the thread was about whether or not the Barbadians were right to 'renounce' Freemasonry, yeah? Well, it's there choice to do so just as it was the choice of many more Christians to become masons. And is it compatible with Christianity? Well, seeing as how most Christian masons don't have a problem with it, I'd say it most likely is unless you think they're instantly brainwashed the moment they join the organization.

This whole thread just absolutely smells of trollbaiting.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Can you actually name what politicians are Masons?

If I owned a business, I'd hire the most qualified.

As I've said before, my Lodge is very well lit.

reply to post by soaringhawk

Actually there is no god of Freemasonry. And Pike never said Lucifer was our god.

If you knew anything of the Bible and Christianity, you'd know God says there is nothing wrong with secrecy.

reply to post by DeadSnow

Too bad you didn't include the entire speech. If you did, you'd realize he was talking about freedom of the press versus the need for zipping it for the sake of national security. I'm not surprised however that you didn't post it all as your kind has no problem snipping out parts to twist the truth to suit your agenda. I guess to you the ends justify the means. Quite repugnant.

Then you haven't been reading anything or ignoring what the zealots have posted.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dmitriy123

Wow dmitri what an amazing link!!! I am sorry you did not provide some extra commentary because I would be curious to see what that is! Ineed, there are some crazy celestial mysteries connect to secret societies. The 'W' in the olympic rings was mind blowing.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Keep a strong heart, empty, and fortify your constitution! I know that it is hard to not respond when one is directly insulted but just stay the course and stare straight ahead.

I know that cowans such as us have no authority to say such insults, for we would receive swift admonishment from site moderators.

The best we can do is carry on with what we know to be right and truthful. And to carry on with love for the divine light and for the lightworkers!

These Christians in Barbados were very brave indeed and it seems like they encountered in their own territory a little bit of that which you have encountered here in this thread.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GardenParty

Come on man, what is interesting about that link? W's? Really?

Holy Crap, I just looked at my fingers while I typed this, and I could draw a double eww around my fingers! I must be one of them! My monitors and printer are set up in such a way that I could also draw a double eww across them!

BTW, it is double "eww" not double "u." I just learned that little tidbit, and I'm happy to share it. "W" can be a vowel, and it is used in place of the "oo" or "eww sound." As in the word "two" and "cwm". It has a Welsh origin.
It can also be a vowel in words like "awe" and "lawn" where it contributes to the vowel sound.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

don't be too surprised. I sense a reincarnation of an earlier troll in the midst.
Shouldn't be too long before the true colors show and the snake pops his head over the grass.

Are you getting plenty of liquid sunshine these days?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by emptyOmind

I will openly affirm that they type of Christians that are in this thread would not be compatible with masonry in the slightest bit. They have none of the core values that support a masonic life and they are too far gone in their religious fervor. So in conclusion, no, freemasonry is not compatible with born again/fundamentalist Christianity. Not even a little.

So now the good little bible thumpers can scamper off to a prayer meeting, speak in tongues, fall out in the isles, and just generally pretend that the spirit of God has nothing better to do than display which one of you is more holy than the other. God bless you every one.

i like how the Christians have kept things civil, while the masons jump in with the insults. once again, not surprised.

if you fit into the group I discussed, perhaps you need to take an inward look. If not, then disregard. Look back a few months and read the kind of things your brothers in Christ have been saying. If you think that is Christ like, then I don't know what to say. If you don't like freemasonry, you are in luck, we will not be coming door to door to recruit you. You don't have to join. You can do whatever you like with your free time. But if you spend your free time here telling lies about me, I might just have to answer back.

Sadly, you people don't understand that we are on the same side. You are just so blinded by hate/rage/ignorance, whatever, to see it.

If you ever find yourself in need of real help, don't tell the guy who stops how you feel about masons. He might just be one.

look man, i'm pretty sure i understand you and where you are coming from, at least relating to your post. just hear me out here, the problem that most people have with the freemasons is the all the secrets.

i think ppl would be much more cool about everything if there were some transparency. basically if you don't have anything to hide then there shouldn't be any reason to keep secrets right?

ppl who aren't masons, all we know is what we hear and read, some things coming from pretty good sources in fact, and these things can make us feel a little suspicious, but that suspicion is tripled, quadrupled even by the fact that the whole organization is shrouded in mystery and any attempt at finding out what its really about is either met by cold shoulders or cryptic responses.

i'm not calling trying to call out anyone here in particular, or start any problems, i'm just speaking from my own viewpoint.

i do not wish to argue with anyone-- only to debate so that we can find some common ground on which not only to stand, but understand each other.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Oh, don't play the "poor defenseless martyr". I receive a kick in the butt from time to time from the mods. If you think anyone has violated the rules, report them.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Oh, don't play the "poor defenseless martyr". I receive a kick in the butt from time to time from the mods. If you think anyone has violated the rules, report them.

Ya Me too, and notinfrequently, either.

And I was a Mod until I lost my federalihood! Everyone is treated fairly, there is no mod bias as people love to pretend there is. There is no Mason bias either. We get swatted just like everyone else. In ATS world, the Terms and Conditions are the Holy Book, LOL!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Lol. The mods have no worries when it comes to dropping the hammer on this member

The best thing to do is suck it up, admit you were wrong by breaking theTCs somehow, and wait for the ban to be lifted. Unless its a perma-ban, there is nothing to worry about.

Speaking of bans, i think protocols has a new screen name already

edit on 26-6-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Thanks for a polite post. I would much rather discuss things this way, than trying to find a way to say what I want to say without getting banned myself.

Here is the real deal with the secrecy thing. It's not that we have secrets to keep from anyone. Read Duncan's Ritual if you want to know all the things I promised to keep secret. No, it's not exact, but it's close enough that once you see it, you will see everything from the open to the close of a lodge. Our secrets are there to teach a lesson. Just like every other symbol. If I cannot keep my handshake and password to myself, then how can a brother expect me to keep his problem he just confided in my with to myself?

I am being totally honest with you when I say, ask me anything and I will tell you all I know to the best of my ability about masonry. We don't come out and start preaching all about what we do and what we learned until someone asks. If they don't ask, they probably don't want to know. When they do ask, they are mentally ready to hear, and understand the information. Think about it like this, you are in high school. You went out partying the night before. You have History of Philosophy for your first class. the last think you want to hear at 8am with a hangover is how Socrates thinks the wind feels like. You want a nap and an asprin. Later, you might really enjoy hearing all about the wind and stuff.

So with the end of my rambling, if you want to know something, please ask. If not, that's cool too.
Have a nice day.

edit on 26-6-2012 by network dude because: bad spelr

edit on 26-6-2012 by network dude because: still a bad speller

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Hear, Hear!

I second everything ND said. The idea of our "secrets" has snowballed over time, when in reality we don't really have any more secrets than you do. You probably wouldn't give us the security code to your garage door, or the password you and your kids use to determine if they should get in a car with a stranger or not, and that is about how many secrets Masonry has. We won't tell you how to unlock our door or gain passage into our meeting, unless you first become a Mason. That is it. I have friends in college fraternities that have about 1000 times more secrets than Masonry has.

If you ask us anything except for the key and security code, we will gladly tell you all about it. If you want a key to the Lodge and the security code for the Tyler, then you need to become a Mason first.

PS...... you do have a family password, right? Every family needs a password! My kids are instructed to not even leave with a teacher unless that teacher has our password. You never know who you can and can't trust these days. If the teacher really needs to take them somewhere, they are going to need to call me first, or my kids will throw a fit, and someone will call me anyway.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Freemasonry is evil! The masonic disinfo agents are out in force today!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KingPanzergrenadier

Try not to get worked up, King
. I am happy to share the world with everyone and there is much to learn from ATS if you pay attention!

I don't think masonry is evil any more than a toaster is evil. In regards to the topic at hand, it seems like this sort of thing is becoming more and more commonplace around the world. There are several countries in the world that have banned being in a secret society. Perhaps these countries are all fundamentalist zealots of their particular religion. Maybe they've seen too many crazy youtube videos? Or maybe they read history and keep up with current events and realize that there is some crazy stuff happening in the world and are just looking for an explanation and solution.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Re-topping this post since nobody with a negative opinion of Freemasonry seems inclined to address the issue.raised. Why might that be?

Fitz

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
Just topping this post of my from some 9 pages back in this thread because insofar as I can determine, nobody has answered the salient points made. To whit, why are these 200 or so individuals considered exemplars of Barbadian Christianity?

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone who considers them to be so could address the percentages

TIA
Fitz

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
reply to post by W3RLIED2

It is substantiating evidence to back up why hundreds of christians would openly protest freemasonry where they live. That is the thread topic right? This is why men and women of love are renouncing "the craft".

So enlighten the world. What's the population of the Barbados? What percentage are Christian? What percentage of the Christian percentage do these people represent?

Just to answer the first question, the population of the Barbados is just north of 233,000. Let's say that there's 200 protesters (to justify the "hundreds" in the thread title).

200/233,000=.0858369098712446351931330472103%.

That's eight one-hundredths of one percent of the population (assuming this thread is even remotely factual [which I find usually isn't the case]) or about one person out of every 1,250 or so. Can you spell meaningless? What makes that one theoretical person's opinion of greater weight, import or validity than that of the other 1,249?

Fitz

p.s. If women are renouncing the Craft, then they weren't part of the Craft to begin with. I assume the word you're looking for is "denouncing"

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

I don't really know what "Barbadian Christianity" is. The article doesn't really specify them as being a peculiar branch, they are just all members of the same church I believe. I think their voices and opinions matter inasmuch as the opinions and voices of the invading secret society members mattered to what they were doing.

Apparently these people feel pretty strongly about their beliefs and the fact that it has garnered as much media coverage as it has suggests that it is relevant and topical in that region.

I think the reason why you had to continually post that question in this thread is because you are a freemason specifically asking non masons to respond to the question: "why do the voices of 200 people protesting masonry in their region matter". I think that it was politely ignored for a long time but with this post I will do you the courtesy of answering.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GardenParty
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

I don't really know what "Barbadian Christianity" is.

Uhhh.....that would be Christianity in the Barbados. That is to say, a Barbadian is one who is from the Barbados. Hopefully this clarifies one of life's mysteries for you

The article doesn't really specify them as being a peculiar branch, they are just all members of the same church I believe. I think their voices and opinions matter inasmuch as the opinions and voices of the invading secret society members mattered to what they were doing.

Would you say that the Westboro Baptist Church's opinions are emblematic of Baptist Christianity? If so, why? If not, why not?

Apparently these people feel pretty strongly about their beliefs and the fact that it has garnered as much media coverage as it has suggests that it is relevant and topical in that region.

As much what? Are you being sarcastic or honest?

I think the reason why you had to continually post that question in this thread is because you are a freemason specifically asking non masons to respond to the question: "why do the voices of 200 people protesting masonry in their region matter". I think that it was politely ignored for a long time but with this post I will do you the courtesy of answering.

Not at all. Why is the opinion of 200 people more important than any other group especially since they represent such a tiny percentage of the island's population? And why is 200/233,000 >232,800/233,000 in your opinion?

Fitz

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join