It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry renounced by hundreds of (Christian) Barbadians

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
George Bush Senior and Junior?

Nice job omitting the first part of my sentence that you quoted and taking it out of context. I was not aksing you to name secret society members, I was aksing why you claimed ALL Presidents were in a secret society then use a former President (Kennedy) to try and support your arguement that secret societies are bad. You can not cite Kennedy's word to support your point if he was a member of a secet society until his death.

The hypocrisy and outright deceit is stunning.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

And now the irony is hilarious

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
Don't twist the truth. I'm not the Luciferian, it's those that worship the intellect that are Luciferian.

There is no twisting of anything, you believe in Lucifer, you are a Lucifer-believer, plain fact. I do not believe in Lucifer, so it is you who is obviously the Luciferian by your very belief in something I feel does not exist.

Albert Pike makes it clear the god of Freemasons is Lucifer in Morals & Dogma. How about you go read it. I have a copy of it.

Oh, goody for you, that should make it even easier for you to show us all where he said that. Stop making lame excuses and post the relevant portion.

You can't deceive me.

Deceive you? You deceive yourself with your hardcore belief in fairytale beings like Lucifer. Keep living in fear of the fictitious.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
And now the irony is hilarious

Says the person who tried to claim Jerry Sandusky was a Mason when he knew otherwise. He was though a devout Christian. Just like Jeff.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Nice job omitting the first part of my sentence that you quoted and taking it out of context. I was not aksing you to name secret society members, I was aksing why you claimed ALL Presidents were in a secret society then use a former President (Kennedy) to try and support your arguement that secret societies are bad. You can not cite Kennedy's word to support your point if he was a member of a secet society until his death.

Oh, and by claiming it was about secrecy undermines your entire point. You claim ALL Presidents were in Secret Societies, but cite a Secret Society member for support in your arguement.

The first part of your sentence does little to defend your case, at first you asked me to name politicians, I named presidents!!!!. Can a brother not leave the brotherhood if for any reason he has a change of heart?. I just think it's a big coincidence that he talked about this in his last speech.

Between the two of us, I'm not the one keeping secrets.
edit on 25-6-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The first part of your sentence does little to defend your case, at first you asked me to name politicians, I named presidents!!!!

Everyone you named is DEAD or out of office. Try some living people or those with a job.

Can a brother not leave the brotherhood if for any reason he has a change of heart?

Of course.

I just think it's a big coincidence that he talked about this in his last speech.

What was he talking about in his last speech? Quote the relevant passages.

edit on 25-6-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer (except when I get him some)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

I agree with the second post, Yes most people follow as they're told without questioning. This also applies to masons, we all know modern Christianity is full of pagan rituals, but so does freemasonry. Christians do not hold as much knowledge as their superiors, the same can be said about lower ranking masons.

Here's a question: If masons know the secrets of the universe then surely they learn the secrets of their religions and the occult becomes visible, right?. Does this change their opinions on religion as they progress the ranks?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Here's a question: If masons know the secrets of the universe then surely they learn the secrets of their religions and the occult becomes visible, right?.

Your premise if flawed. Masonic ritual does not deal with the secrets of the universe, it is all directed towards self-improvement.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

'The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it’s in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know."

"For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations."

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

J.F.Kennedy.

Everyone you named is DEAD. Try some living people.

Edit: I misread...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

So why go through the initial process? Why make an oath to secrecy? Why use Babylonian/Egyptian and ancient Greek symbolism?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

'The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society...

Wow. This was not Kennedy's last speech as you just claimed. As a matter of fact it was made in 1961. When I throw you a life line, like telling you to read RisingAgainst's thread on this speech, you should take it because you thinking this was his last speech only shows the total lack of critical thinking and intellectual acumen that you have brought to this discussion.

And once again, the speech is about MORE secrecy, not less. But you would have known that had you followed my obviously unheeded advice.

Yes I named people from as far back as 100 years, no one lives forever and those men once upon a time sat in office. Those men were presidents of the united states of America. FYI Bush and his pops are far from gone.

Bush and his pops are irrelevant and the group they were in has nothing to do with the fraternity I, and other Masons, are members of.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So why go through the initial process?

Because it is an allegorical morality play used to teach various lessons.

Why make an oath to secrecy?

Because when a friend confides in me he knows that I am responsible enough to keep his comments secure (in so far as there being no laws broken).

Why use Babylonian/Egyptian and ancient Greek symbolism?

It is more Biblical with some Greek and Roman references. Do you have a problem with the Greeks and the Romans?

edit on 25-6-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer (except when I get him some)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

reply to post by 0mage

I agree with the second post, Yes most people follow as they're told without questioning. This also applies to masons, we all know modern Christianity is full of pagan rituals, but so does freemasonry. Christians do not hold as much knowledge as their superiors, the same can be said about lower ranking masons.

Here's a question: If masons know the secrets of the universe then surely they learn the secrets of their religions and the occult becomes visible, right?. Does this change their opinions on religion as they progress the ranks?

Well then isnt it obvious? you cant learn it all in one night. it take years of study, progression in step by step understanding. they cant know it all because they have to learn it all. but the end result is the attainment which cannot be obtained by evil souls. there is only one path to the light. the spiritual or divine light not physical light. The white light requires compassion and a good sense towards humanity. "Love thy neighbour"

many seek to circumvent this area believing they can somehow shortcut their way to attain enlightenment.

They achieve nothing because they dont realize they are dealing with a conscious universal sentient force that knows all in their hearts and minds and it is this force which grants the individual attainnment. You cannot do it by yourself.

with that respect, the masons are not evil. they are teachers with a syllabus of how they can help others attain understanding and hopefully onwards of that enlightenment. at which point i believe they become members of "the illuminated ones"

individual members may have poor intentions or even evil ones. but the original mission of the organisation is one of freedom from slavery, the exposing of truth to the masses and assisting ALL of humankind in their spiritual evolution towards realization.

I've actually got a portion of their library of books with me here now. understanding all the rituals and what they are meant to convey i can tell you. evil is only how an action is perceived by the person on the receiving end.

A klu klux klan member may be well known for going on killing sprees murdering blacks and getting off in court scotch free. after a severe injury he has to be rushed to the hospital where the doctors and nurses who have to work on him are all black.

some black ppl would call the doctors evil for assisting the evil man to live. while others would call them compassionate and exemplary representations of black strength.

It is only that you perceive without any evidence whatsoever and only on the hearsay of youtube videos and other publications that the masons are inherently evil by nature with foul intentions for mankind. How do you know? how do you really know that for sure? It is hearsay you are believing.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Just topping this post of my from some 9 pages back in this thread because insofar as I can determine, nobody has answered the salient points made. To whit, why are these 200 or so individuals considered exemplars of Barbadian Christianity?

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone who considers them to be so could address the percentages

TIA
Fitz

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
reply to post by W3RLIED2

It is substantiating evidence to back up why hundreds of christians would openly protest freemasonry where they live. That is the thread topic right? This is why men and women of love are renouncing "the craft".

So enlighten the world. What's the population of the Barbados? What percentage are Christian? What percentage of the Christian percentage do these people represent?

Just to answer the first question, the population of the Barbados is just north of 233,000. Let's say that there's 200 protesters (to justify the "hundreds" in the thread title).

200/233,000=.0858369098712446351931330472103%.

That's eight one-hundredths of one percent of the population (assuming this thread is even remotely factual [which I find usually isn't the case]) or about one person out of every 1,250 or so. Can you spell meaningless? What makes that one theoretical person's opinion of greater weight, import or validity than that of the other 1,249?

Fitz

p.s. If women are renouncing the Craft, then they weren't part of the Craft to begin with. I assume the word you're looking for is "denouncing"

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

'The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it’s in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know."

"For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations."

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

J.F.Kennedy.

Everyone you named is DEAD. Try some living people.

Edit: I misread...

You dont like secrets?

how many thoughts have you hidden from your wife? your kids? your brother sister or friends? why wont you tell them. do you tell them you masturbate every night to your ex girlfriends photos? does every man woman and child know all your thoughts. why do you not express all about yourself and hide nothing. what is your real name and where do you live and your telephone number? tell me now and post here on this public forum.

The reason you do not is for.. Protection. from being victimized as the mason have been throughout history by the church and the public through the manipulation of the church. There's a million ppl waiting to pounce on you and tell you how decrepid your existence is and what a loser you are for your actions. all the while ignoring that they themselves have skeletons in the closet.

HYPOCRITS! HYPOCRITS ALL! Throwing rocks from behind the lines. Throwing stones while living in glass houses. Let he who is without sin..

As I said before.. ppl do not understand the dualistic harmonism philosophy that creates the whole. they will point fingers and charge "blasphemer". thinking themselves to be fully in the right. oh but how wrong they are. how very very wrong, lost and blind they are.

They kill christ every time he returns and their eyes are never opened.
edit on 25-6-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It is a flawed assumption for anyone to conclude the "SECRETS" of Freemasonry are anything more or less than the secrets mankind has lost in every myth, religion and cultural tradition since 'time' began.

It is also ludicrous to assume, as anyone who has pursued enlightenment can attest, that the "SECRETS" can be found, received by or revealed to anyone who seeks them superficially.

In one way or another we have all been given a roadmap to the same destination. The routes are all different, but the destination is the same. We are all converging to one time and one space (if these things exist).

What all people do, intentionally or subconsciously, their whole life is to seek what was lost; to discover what has been hidden; to retake what has been taken.

It is my belief that the vast majority of those who read and write in the Secret Societies thread have STRONG personal convictions. There are also some sociopaths that just get off on the chaos as well.

Let's face it... we can all agree that this world is bull#. I think most of us know there is a veil that must be drawn back to discover our purpose. THIS is the purpose of Freemasonry; Islam; Christianity; Judaism; Buddhism; Hinduism.

We are IN this world but we don't BELONG to this world.

You may not like my map. I happen to enjoy Route 66 over I-40.

We are all going the same place. We may not follow the same path but we will be at the same destination.

All we are left with, then, is this 80-ish year journey. I don't expect anyone to pull over and help me when I have a flat, and that's OK. All I ask is that if you won't, then just keep driving. There is no need to pull over and get out on the side of the road to humiliate me. All that does is make me angry and you bitter. It also takes precious minutes off the 80 year clock that we have to beat.

You take the high road and I will take the low.

Remember this, though... we are the same you and I. When you strike me, you hurt yourself.

So, lead, follow or get out of the way.. we will see you on the other side.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I will openly affirm that they type of Christians that are in this thread would not be compatible with masonry in the slightest bit. They have none of the core values that support a masonic life and they are too far gone in their religious fervor. So in conclusion, no, freemasonry is not compatible with born again/fundamentalist Christianity. Not even a little.

So now the good little bible thumpers can scamper off to a prayer meeting, speak in tongues, fall out in the isles, and just generally pretend that the spirit of God has nothing better to do than display which one of you is more holy than the other. God bless you every one.

i like how the Christians have kept things civil, while the masons jump in with the insults. once again, not surprised.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

Little comments like that is a good way to bring civility back to any discussion, though, right?

Your arrogance reeks.

Why not step off of the high horses and join us down here in reality with the regular folks?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by emptyOmind

I will openly affirm that they type of Christians that are in this thread would not be compatible with masonry in the slightest bit. They have none of the core values that support a masonic life and they are too far gone in their religious fervor. So in conclusion, no, freemasonry is not compatible with born again/fundamentalist Christianity. Not even a little.

So now the good little bible thumpers can scamper off to a prayer meeting, speak in tongues, fall out in the isles, and just generally pretend that the spirit of God has nothing better to do than display which one of you is more holy than the other. God bless you every one.

i like how the Christians have kept things civil, while the masons jump in with the insults. once again, not surprised.

Civil?
Civil you say?

you must not be familiar with the 1300s

no

in fact

you must not be familiar with Christianity and how many it has killed

Darkages.. ppl were killed for being left handers, for writing poetry, for partaking in art. it was considered witchcraft. lefthanders were considered witches and burned. Christians are religious fanatics. nothing less. they kill for their beliefs. and yet.. not one of them has received christ consciousness.. not even the pope

The devil deceived the whole world. you think he started yesterday?

Just this last century it was ILLEGAL to possess a bible in the home. it was only for men in official positions to posses. penalties for being caught with one ranged with no limit to the punishment decision.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

Originally posted by emptyOmind

Civil?
Civil you say?

you must not be familiar with the 1300s

no

in fact

you must not be familiar with Christianity and how many it has killed

Darkages.. ppl were killed for being left handers, for writing poetry, for partaking in art. it was considered witchcraft. lefthanders were considered witches and burned. Christians are religious fanatics. nothing less. they kill for their beliefs. and yet.. not one of them has received christ consciousness.. not even the pope

The devil deceived the whole world. you think he started yesterday?

Just this last century it was ILLEGAL to possess a bible in the home. it was only for men in official positions to posses. penalties for being caught with one ranged with no limit to the punishment decision.

i was talking about the thread, sorry i didn't mention that, thought it was obvious

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join