It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry renounced by hundreds of (Christian) Barbadians

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Christians renouncing Freemasonry? As long as they're believing and supporting age old myths, they're no better than the Freemasons.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I will openly affirm that they type of Christians that are in this thread would not be compatible with masonry in the slightest bit. They have none of the core values that support a masonic life and they are too far gone in their religious fervor. So in conclusion, no, freemasonry is not compatible with born again/fundamentalist Christianity. Not even a little.

So now the good little bible thumpers can scamper off to a prayer meeting, speak in tongues, fall out in the isles, and just generally pretend that the spirit of God has nothing better to do than display which one of you is more holy than the other. God bless you every one.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The god of Freemasons is Lucifer. You can't be a Christian and be a Freemason unless you're completely ignorant on what it is. Albert Pike said the god of Freemasons is Lucifer. It's the worship of the intellect. Believing that the story in the garden of Eden is a metaphor. They don't truly believe in a god or devil but believe man can become God by perfecting himself! So good on them for rejecting these liars. Jesus Christ had no secrets. Jesus said seek the truth and the truth shall set you free. There's no room for secret oaths and other crap if you're going to be an honest person.
edit on 25-6-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
This is ironic considering so many well known Masons are politicians!

Which ones? What are their lodge numbers?

Look at world politics, do you really think your making the world any better?.

Maybe if there were more Masons in politics it would be better. Personally however, I detest nearly all politicians.

What happens if a mason owns a business and receives job applications, has thou not sworn to help his fellow brethren?

If he needed help, and I could give it, I would offer him a position if he could fill it competently.But then again, I would try to help anyone get a job if I could (with the same caveat) just like I did with my neighbor who lost his marketing job and ask for a reference at my company.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
The god of Freemasons is Lucifer.

Who?

You Lucifer-believers are so, well, Luciferian in your devout adherence to this mythical beings existance.

Albert Pike said the god of Freemasons is Lucifer.

Maybe you can link the specific quote, and try not to do what all the other fundementalists do, quote the Taxil Hoax.

Jesus said seek the truth and the truth shall set you free.

That is so good to hear. I guess this is just like murdering-canibal Jeffery Dahmer who found Jesus prior to getting offed in the slam. He is in Heaven now chillaxin with all the other people who found Jesus (who, unlike him did not kill and eat others).

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Stop playing dumb, two names say the most....the Rockefellers & Rothschilds.

Maybe if there were more Masons in politics it would be better. Personally however, I detest nearly all politicians.

Is this why each and every single American president has been a member of secret societies?, Did you ever listen to JFK's last speech by any chance?

I got it, JFK's opinion does not reflect that of the lodge.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
Stop playing dumb, two names say the most....the Rockefellers & Rothschilds.

Again, what are their lodge numbers? Which Rockefellers or Rothschilds are Masons?

Is this why each and every single American president has been a member of secret societies?

14 were Masons, 1 was in the Knights of Columbus.

Did you ever listen to JFK's last speech by any chance?

Did you ever read his speech by chance instead of using the youtube conspiratard version? The name of the speech is 'The President and the Press' and he is calling for more secrecy, not less. Look up RisingAgainst's thread on this topic and it will explain the whole thing.

Oh, and by claiming it was about secrecy undermines your entire point. You claim ALL Presidents were in Secret Societies, but cite a Secret Society member for support in your arguement.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Jesus Christ had no secrets. Jesus said seek the truth and the truth shall set you free. There's no room for secret oaths and other crap if you're going to be an honest person.
edit on 25-6-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

Yes, he did say seek the truth. Seeking the truth means to uncover that knowledge. To uncover something is to bring it from hiding. Although most of the "secrets" were axed to make the Bible, some remnants and references remain if you look:

And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Luke 8:10 (Paralleled in Matthew 13)

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity (love), I am nothing.

1 Corinth. 13:2 (Paul saying that if a person understands the mysteries and has gnosis (knowledge), but does not have love, then that person is nothing)

On prayer:

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Matthew 6:6

And now from Thomas, like much of the Nag Hammadi (which is all esoteric) is not considered canonical by the establishment:

62. Jesus said, "I disclose my mysteries to those [who are worthy] of [my] mysteries."

108. Jesus said, "Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me; I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him."
edit on 25/6/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Personally i think freemasonry is a circle jerk, Not one of you knows what it actually means, Only what you think it means, you can make yourselves believe anything about anything you have been TOLD.
Not one of you knows anything more than something you have been told, wether it's truth or not, you are not interested.
I'm pretty sure we could all do without an anachronistic bunch of retards giddy on their own belief of something they really know nothing about, (Other than what they have been told of course), why wouldn't the religion of "The great deceiver" have the intent to deceive everything and everyone, Just a backwards cargo cult for gullible old men who need to feel they have something more than the common man.
And yes i agree you are speshul, that kind of short bus mentality takes a real kind of speshul person.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Thanks guys and gals,
I've had a good laugh out of this thread. The ignorance and fanaticism of people who either don't know what they're talking about or just want to stir the pot with their genuine or imaginary fanatical zealotry is amazing.

All I can say is that you should take a good look at yourselves. Get a grip and get a life. I love conspiracy theories etc but this is really degenerating into a schoolyard situation, provoked by real ignorance.

Ignore them Brethren, there are more worthy threads to pursue and I am surprised and disappointed that the moderators have let it go to his extent.
Cheers
TheSodd

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
It seems the masons hit a road block in Barbados recently. Some Christians in Barbados have some serious reservations about the mason’s use of biblical history and their true intentions; and they are not alone.

Bajans are generally noted for welcoming visitors with open arms, but it didn’t work out quite that way last week when Members of the Grand Order of United Scottish Mechanics of the Universe Incorporated assembled in Barbados for their first convention outside Britain.

While the visitors from Guyana and Birmingham were convening with their local counterparts, hundreds of Christians were participating in services in a week-long conference hosted by the House of Freedom that didn’t exactly – to put it mildly – root for the Masonic cause.

Activities included morning workshops at Restoration Ministries in Brittons Hill and nightly sessions at Sanctuary Empowerment Centre in Country Road, Bridgetown. They reached their zenith on Thursday night when hundreds of the faithful denounced Freemasonry and most of its beliefs and trappings.

At Thursday’s service, which was marked by bold renunciations from several pastors and declarations from government via Senator Reverend David Durrant, the congregation of about 700 at Sanctuary Empowerment Centre prayed against the “spirits of fear, death, secret rites and passwords, the love of position and power” and the “mingling of truth with error”.

The event marked the last of a two-night lecture entitled Secrets Of Freemasonry and opened with a lecture by former master Tony Jordan, who left a local Scottish order 25 years ago after surrendering his life to Christ.

Jordan recalled giving his first expose of the lodge in 1991, being abandoned by his family and accused of having been ousted from the lodge in abject disgrace.

“In the lodge I met men of integrity, civic-minded men, law-abiding men, doctors . . . ,” he conceded as he addressed the congregation.

But he pointed out that several Masonic rites parodied the Word of God, particularly the death and resurrection of Christ.

Jordan also explained that most members in Barbados only rose to the position of master and were therefore unaware of the satanic elements of masonic lodges, whose stated tenets were brotherly love, relief and truth.

Only those in the higher echelons of the lodges, from the 31st to 33rd degree, were aware that satanic worship was at the core of their rituals and that Lucifer was worshipped as the Great Architect of the Universe, he added.
link

I have a couple of buddies who are masons and yet I know as much about masonry as all non-masons. As a Christian I’ve always felt masonry went against Christian ethos but I’ve been continuously told otherwise by mason friends. I read an old thread here on ATS and the sentiments by member Evangelical in 2009 almost exactly mirro those of Tony Jordan (the formr mason in this article).

I guess we’ll never know the truth…we will all either take the masons at their word or follow our own instincts.

What say you? Are the Christians in Barbados (and other parts of the world) justified in their skepticism of masonry?

The masons are a secret society. It's right there in the name, you cannot be secret without being based on deception.

A secret is a piece of information that is purposefully kept from other people.

Deception relies on secrets.

So when a society is bound and defined by it's secrets, how could you trust their word? Furthermore doesn't the bible say Satan is the Lord of Lies and Deception? I believe it does. So right there proves that Masonry and Christianity cannot go hand in hand.

A lie is not just what is told, it's what is purposefully withheld. It's misleading and deceitful. Free Masons worship Lucifer, but they brainwash them into it with lies and deception. If thou cannot be deceived, thou cannot be a mason. This is why they screen those who join, this is why it's a fraternity. It's so they can filter who they let in, which is a requirement to keep a secret.

Every once in a while they're is one that is so brainwashed he doesn't think anybody will look at him crazy for saying they worship Satan.

Like this guy ^

That is what an indoctrinated person sounds like.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well not sure where this is going, I'm no mason but if this is your attempt at proving Mason's are bad because they parallel a religion doesn't make any sense whatsoever. At the heart Mason's aren't supposed to bring Religion or Politics into the lodge anyway so I really have no idea what this is, other then a reason for Christians to complain some more because we all know they don't do that enough.
edit on 25-6-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Do you not find it odd that many thousands of Christians, not to mention other faiths, find masonry extremely compatible?

Not at all. The number of Christians who are masons as a percentage of the population is small. 

Are all of them deluded, and/or evil? I think not.

Half the citizens in this country are deluded.

The thing to keep in mind here is that many people who claim to be Christian aren't practicing Christians and the majority of masons aren't 'in the know' and are oblivious to the true forces behind Freemasonry. I doubt most know what they've become involved in because they've been intentionally misled. 

Like I've said, I don't care who joins the masons and I'm not preaching. I'm simply pointing out the valid reasons why freemasonry is incompatible with Christianity. You can take it or leave it...I don't care.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

cite a Secret Society member for support in your arguement.

George Bush Senior and Junior?,

William McKinley?

Initiated: May 1, 1865, Hiram Lodge No. 21, Winchester, Virginia. Brother McKinley Affiliated with Canton Lodge No. 60, Canton, Ohio on August 21, 1867; and Demitted from same to become a Charter Member of Eagle Lodge No. 431, also in Canton. Following Brother McKinley's death on September 14, 1901, the name was changed to William McKinley Lodge effective October 24, 1901.

Source

George Washington?

Benjamin Harrison, Grover Cleveland, Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Woodrow Wilson, Warren G. Harding, Franklin D. Roosevelt etc.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Fools, they wish to denounce satanic elements? let them denounce the stanic element in themselves and see where that gets them. are they without sin? THE ANSWER IS NO! Satan Lives within them and all of us and all living things whether we like it or not. and he cannot die nor can you or they kill him and achieve universal balance for the same reason that God has not Destroyed Satan!

Idiotic fools. The blind leading the blind these so called Christian pastors are EXACTLY what they claim to denounce. misleading all to hold on to power.. being blind and pretending they have sight.

FAKES, FRAUDS AND FOOLS!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

As some of us already stated, we're not Christians or even religious. Yes I am a sinner and yes I'm far from perfect but I have and will never deem myself as being superior. Yet Masons seem to think they can look down on us and call us fools?
edit on 25-6-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

hopefully u are not assuming i am a mason. because i am not. I have simply been privy to all of their teaching to the highest ranks. have studied them as a scholar of the occult for many years. and understand fully the use of satanic theologies that may be apparent in their documents. The masons are no more satanic than you or I.

nothing is evil or good. both are 2 sides of the same coin. ppl need to start waking up against the left right paradigm that is only a means to division of the masses.

and yes.. in case you do not realize. If the majority population of the world is seeking enlightenment and all the enlightened masters are telling them they are ignorant. YES it is because they are ALL fools. They dont listen. they are fantaical about their beliefs.. yet each new day they wake up off bed and have 0 connection to their divine self. they dont know how to find it and when someone tries to tell them they go ape# about what their being told because it's bursts their bubble of reality.

live an illusion if you like.. but some enlightened masters will consider you all fools.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

also i should add. that is the problem. you think you're not perfect because that's what they tell you.

well i have the ultimate blasphemy for your eyes.

we are ALL PERFECT. just as the Creator intended us to be. Born perfect and only we contribute to our own degrading of spirit. We destroy ourselves because Jesus died for us so that it was ok for us to sin and be saved. LOL. i dont think ppl listen to what their pastors preach to them. and if they do, i dont think they process it. they just absorb it like a sponge under hypnosis.

Read the bible for yourself and draw your own conclusion. think for yourself and deduce your own interpretation.

God destroyed entire cities in the bible. many men women and children died. isnt this a somewhat evil thing to do?

Here even God displays hypocritical Duality.

But is it hypocritical at all? No!

you may not be a killer of men. in fact you coul dbe quite passive and compassionate lover of men. but witnessing another man committing an atrocious act upon another human being perhaps one you love can impulse you to kill the murderer. are you a hypocrit in such a situation? for defending others by killing others. Isnt the whole world a hypocrit?

so stop pointing fingers and find your path within. looking outside wont show u anything but the frail reality of corruption and degradation that is the 3rd dimension.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Don't twist the truth. I'm not the Luciferian, it's those that worship the intellect that are Luciferian. Albert Pike makes it clear the god of Freemasons is Lucifer in Morals & Dogma. How about you go read it. I have a copy of it. The G in the Masonic logo doesn't stand for God. God is not an architect. An architect takes what's already made and uses it. God created everything from nothing. The great patriot William Cooper exposed Free masonary and a bunch of other mystery schools for what they truly are. You can't deceive me.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Don't twist the truth. I'm not the Luciferian, it's those that worship the intellect that are Luciferian. Albert Pike makes it clear the god of Freemasons is Lucifer in Morals & Dogma. How about you go read it. I have a copy of it. The G in the Masonic logo doesn't stand for God. God is not an architect. An architect takes what's already made and uses it. God created everything from nothing. The great patriot William Cooper exposed Free masonary and a bunch of other mystery schools for what they truly are. You can't deceive me.

When you know something. you will not quote hearsay. you will go and find out for yourself. Or are you scared?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join