It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare To Have Your Mind Boggled

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

THE MIND BOGGLING BIT IS TRYING TO COMPREHEND HOW EVERYTHING IS SPRUNG FROM NOTHING, AND YET THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NOTHING.

"Nothing" or No-thing, means just that. No such thing as no-thing. Is that the place (which is a thing) where there are no things?

Man has confused "it"-self with so much doublespeak "it" isn't funny.

Shall I keep it simple and tell you some no-things?

How about...

Love

Wisdom

Patience

Kindness

and their opposite:

Hate

Ignorance

Impatience

Wickedness

None of these are things, and yet they are some of the most important "things" there are.

There is no opposite to gravity, light (wait there admiral... "darkness" is not the opposite of light, just the absence of it.) or space. These are all things that have no opposite and yet all are finite permanent things that are the same anywhere you go.

So is Love

edit on 24-6-2012 by intrptr because: sorry... not a reply

Oooh, I like this one! Yes, yes, exactly! and like a principle, is unseen, but yet it is everywhere at once.

Now let us ponder it there is a Divine Principle that is behind all things, a Divine Principle and the Universe Entire is it's evidence.

Well, good to think about. I agree.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koopa34
WOW this is good thread. best thread i've seen in weeks.
Makes me think really hard.
I think a lot like this at times and try to relay and people dont seem to understand.
S&F

Thanks for bringing this thread back around. Yes, it is a lot of really good and interesting deep pondering.

Which is always good to get us our the 'rut thinking' and into the Mystery and Magic.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sweetmystery

Oooh, I like this one! Yes, yes, exactly! and like a principle, is unseen, but yet it is everywhere at once.

Now let us ponder it there is a Divine Principle that is behind all things, a Divine Principle and the Universe Entire is it's evidence.

Thanks for the kind words. I had forgotten about this one. The "things" that matter. You got me to thinking too. Love is like gravity. We can't see it but see its effects. And I am not sure it is everywhere like gravity, but just where we make it. And it can be made anywhere in the Universe, so it is everywhere in that sense. I too believe in the Divine. Like a Creator. Hard to put into words.

The matter of the Universe, all the physics and stuff are fleeting. They will wear away like mountains do from wind and rain. But true divine love will not. That is eternal. That is the most important "thing". Men of Science have confused everyone to think that physicalness is paramount. They are focused only on things, and not the spirit. The entire Universe exists only as a medium for sentient life to become aware of those other "non things" like love and kindness. That is what matters.

So be kind to someone today. Show some love. If we don't do that, then it doesn't exist. If we do, then we teach others by example how to be kind and loving... even if they aren't.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Sweetmystery

Thanks for the kind words. I had forgotten about this one. The "things" that matter. You got me to thinking too. Love is like gravity. We can't see it but see its effects. And I am not sure it is everywhere like gravity, but just where we make it. And it can be made anywhere in the Universe, so it is everywhere in that sense. I too believe in the Divine. Like a Creator. Hard to put into words.

The matter of the Universe, all the physics and stuff are fleeting. They will wear away like mountains do from wind and rain. But true divine love will not. That is eternal. That is the most important "thing". Men of Science have confused everyone to think that physicalness is paramount. They are focused only on things, and not the spirit. The entire Universe exists only as a medium for sentient life to become aware of those other "non things" like love and kindness. That is what matters.

So be kind to someone today. Show some love. If we don't do that, then it doesn't exist. If we do, then we teach others by example how to be kind and loving... even if they aren't.

Well,I think you do a great job of putting it into words and thank you so much for this.

Yes, I see what you are saying. The physicists are really just measuring matter and meanwhile they have not done much good with all of it. They don't percieve the Unseen Invisible No-thing behind the things they study.

But, perhaps they will bump into that Divine Reality of an Ever Present Infinite Unseen Un-thing as they continue to measure.

The no-things are indeed the Real things, the true things are of the Heart, the everlasting things. Yes yes, and how lovely that you see this Truth and shared it with us here.

I've always loved this quote from The Little Prince:

"It is only with one's heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join