It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euro 2012 Football

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The English fans are behaving themselves
Assistant Chief Constable Andt Holt said

“We’ve been very pleased with the way they’ve behaved and the response that we’ve had when we’ve spoken to fans.

Yep proper fans instead of hooligans supporting England

www.thesun.co.uk...

“There have been no arrests. There have been occasions when it’s got quite lively but we’ve managed, with our Ukrainian colleagues,

This shows good support for England rather than the hooliganism from the past
After topping our Group we have the Italians in the quarter finals an easy win should see us progress to the semis against the old enemy
Germany
Com On Engerland

Cran

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Wow im impressed lol , i can't understand how bashing each other in , and tasting it the next couple of weeks to follow , over such a trvial thing. I've seen a few of the russian and polish hooligans , and wow .

I didn't see to many english hooligans , must say glad to hear they are behaving alot more then history has shown lol.

So many people don't get to enjoy the games and take the family out , because they are afraid of being in one of the mass fights , and getting caught in crossfire. Surely its not fair to them.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

Yeah! COME ON ENGLAND!

Unfortunately I'm at work until 10pm tomorrow so I'll 'miss' it. (Sneak off and watch it)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So their fans are finally just as boring as the sport they root for...interesting....very interesting.

The best thing about soccer highlights is when the fans are acting a fool, otherwise they're completely useless. How people love this sport is beyond me...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

Nothing is more boring in this world than American "football"... At least we play other countries.. What about the "world series" that consists of YOU???

The rest of the world disagrees with you... Soccer.. REAL football is the dominant sport on the planet.. And the European cup is more regarded than the world cup because of the quality of play..

Get with the real world America..

You think you are winners??? Try the worlds choice and not your own BS..

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Come on England!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

I'm supporting Portugal

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Come on England!!!

Come on England lets set up a dream semi final...and get some payback for 2010

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Come on England!!!

We all know the old saying:

at the end of the day the germans always win

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I ain't counting any chickens yet.
I don't have any faith in Woy as a manager. None at all, and Italy? people are writing them off like they are a nothing team. That's just not the case.

As for the hooligan thing...wait until we lose, that's often when the emotions come out, but overall, yeah, its a much more genteel crowd nowadays.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
I ain't counting any chickens yet.
I don't have any faith in Woy as a manager. None at all, and Italy? people are writing them off like they are a nothing team. That's just not the case.

As for the hooligan thing...wait until we lose, that's often when the emotions come out, but overall, yeah, its a much more genteel crowd nowadays.

I believe Italy is going to win..........

I know,not popular thinking,but Im just calling it now............

For my English Brothers and Sisters?

Good luck on the Pitch England......Stay safe,and respectable............

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Its going to be a very close game and could go either way no question.

Whilst watching the Spain game last night - they had the usual England section, and helpfully pointed out that we haven't gone past quarter final in any comp on foreign soil since Italia'90
That's just got to change! Tonight is the night..got the butterflies already that I always get before England games..can't wait.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
reply to post by sonnny1

..got the butterflies already that I always get before England games..can't wait.

And that is the reason football is the people's game. No other sport gets a person so wound up.
I often tell people I'm Scouse, not English when they start going on about England, but even I'm getting up for the game.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Exactly - I've seen loads of England flags flying on houses and cars - great to see...
I shall be having a few beers with some neighbours, yes that right a group of lads round here who have no more connection than the street we live on will all sit round and have a laugh and cheer our country on...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I'm glad the fans have been well behaved

Come on England!!!

Come on England lets set up a dream semi final...and get some payback for 2010

Oh if only

Lets just get past this game tonight. I think it will be a hard one and England pretty much always get knocked out in the Quarter Finals.

We have had no extra time or penalties yet in the quarter finals so far. Knowing our luck, it'll end up going to penalties, which i always hate.

If we did end up winning, we'll then have to face the German side that gave us such a spanking in 2010.
It would be so nice to see our guys win that, but the German team plays brilliant football and are a force to be reckoned with. I think if they do get to play Germany, they will be more ready for them this time round and hopefully it'll be more equal, but it would be hard to beat them.

Like many England fans, i have my doubts, but have sooooooo much hope.

I have butterflies in my stomach already....Roll on 7:45.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

edit on 24-6-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I also expected more problems between fans, as I saw a docu about how racist the Ukrainians and Polish people were towards German, Russian and black folks... I am so glad that it has been a peaceful and all around friendly event.

Being from Austria, we have no basically no "soccer identity"... Our team never qualify for anything, lol. But I vacationed in Italy during the beginning of this tournament and the excitement of the people about this sport was infectious... So I really hope that Italy wins tonight! Forza Italia

CX

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I know we've won our last games, but if they play like they have been against Italy or the better teams, we'll be out like a shot.

I wish them all the luck in the world, but i predict days of newspaper articles talking about the team like they are gods or warriors, followed by us losing and the country slagging the team and manager off as usual.

edit on 24/6/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I know we've won our last games, but if they play like that against Italy or the better teams, we'll be out like a shot.

I wish them all the luck in the world, but i predict days of newspaper articles talking about the team like they are gods or warriors, followed by us losing and the country slagging the team and manager off as usual.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

reply to post by SprocketUK

Exactly - I've seen loads of England flags flying on houses and cars - great to see...
I shall be having a few beers with some neighbours, yes that right a group of lads round here who have no more connection than the street we live on will all sit round and have a laugh and cheer our country on...

I don't even like my neighbour particularly but he has invited half the cul de sac round to his for a few beers and the match, it's bringing our street together where usually we just nod hello to each other.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm hoping Milner isn't starting today, very lacklustre performances at the moment.

newsthump.com... arch-and-rescue-team-to-find-james-milner/

new topics

top topics

join