It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It is very nice to have a place to go where I am allowed to express my feelings about various topics. I am eager to share my views with all that are interested. At the forefront, I am currently very concerned with the state of our planet. I think we have lost the ability to grasp what is truly important. We have so much energy being wasted on fighting for insignificant things when we should be embracing each other with true love not hate. We have many natural disasters that occur without creating man made situations that cause destruction. I understand the need for a country to protect itself from hostility, but I do not understand the need to destroy any country in the name of a fictitious God or a need for natural resources. Greed has been the downfall of every society that has ever existed and religion has been a catalyst for Our society to justify killing others over their beliefs. Any God I have does not agree with either premise. This planet belongs to all of us and religion is a man made concoction to control the masses. No one has the right to take the life of another human being period. We do not need a religion to tell us what is right or wrong. We all have this ability, but GREED gets in the way of this. As long as we have people starving in any corner of this planet when we have the resources to feed them, as long as we have people without shelter when we have the resources to house them, as long as we have people in need of health care when we have the resources to help them, We as a society should be ashamed of ourselves. We all have a responsibility to do our part to help anyone we can, but those that have the wealth and resources readily available to offer should look themselves in the mirror and slap themselves silly for not doing more. Do something nice for a stranger Today.

sincerely,

Spiritual33

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
1000 +crit for wall of text

Anyhow

I don't think we could kill this planet if we tried

All out nuclear war,maybe,but wouldn't kill the planet

Nature finds a way

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sp1r1tu4l33

There was no need to "try again", but regardless of that, be welcome and enjoy your time here.

See you out there.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Hope you enjoy your stay here. Kick back and have a mocha latte!

new topics

top topics

join