It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandusky Appeal: Trial was too Quick???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have heard all of the arguments before, but this one takes the cake.

The SIXTH AMENDMENT has been exercised!

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

SOURCE

The lawyers for the PERVERT are now going to file appeals based on the fact that the trial happened too fast.

A day after Sandusky's conviction, his lawyers disclosed they felt too unprepared to adequately defend him because of how quickly the case was brought to trial.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Really?

What happened to "right to a quick and speedy trial?"

Does that only apply to certain cases?

Did those kids "have time to prepare" when they were being raped in the shower? Don't think so.

Well, the PERVERT got his quick and speedy trial, if you ask me, and got what he deserved. QUICK JUSTICE.

Rot in hell, Sandusky. Rot in hell.

SOURCE

edit on 23-6-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Good luck with that appeal.

The appeals court should ask his attorneys if they mentioned their 'unpreparedness' to the trial judge.

Oh they didn't?

I can't blame them for trying. Their defense was basically limited to calling to the stand other potential victims that didn't get molested by him.

I hope bank robbers lawyers don't try using that one. 'Oh, we have a list of all the banks our client didn't rob'.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Well,Phantom.

I definitely know Penn State wants to throw this under the rug,quickly.

(Reuters) - With former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky now behind bars for child sexual abuse, the university has given an unusual signal that it wants to wrap up civil suits as fast as possible, legal observers said on Saturday.

Penn State signals wants to close Sandusky sex abuse cases

Seeing that "MONEY",and the loss of it for the University,is their biggest regret,in all of this.

I would also believe the victims didn't need to have this go on and on,but it looks like Sandusky's lawyers have no problem revisiting the crimes he was CONVICTED of,and dragging these victims through the pain of it all,again.

He deserves to Rot the rest of his living days,in a Jail. Maybe General Population will do him some good........

S&F
edit on 23-6-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure you can vote to delay a trail before the trail starts to better prepare a defense.. they obviously didn't do this and are just trying to find some grounds to appeal.

I would hate to be the lawyers on his defense.. talk about a guilty conscience

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
They had several months to prepare. If they still weren't prepared they could have filed a motion to give them more time. Did they? I don't know, but if they did and it was denied for no good reason there could be something there. Even if they were denied that doesn't mean they didn't have enough time as a judge doesn't have to automatically grant such a thing, especially if it's just some sort of delaying tactic.

As I said, they had months to prepare.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

It might actually have merit. From what I have seen the lawyers actually requested to be removed from the defense because they did not have enough time to go through all of the documents, specifically all of the interviews that were done with people.

The judge denied their request...

They have the issue of Sanduskys son as well, who was origionally slated as a defense witness and then turned into a prosecution witness because of his claims. He was prevented from taking the stand as it could have resulted in a mistrial.

As much as this guy irritates the piss out of me, there is merit to the argument of not enough time. Even other people in the state are saying that compared to other high profile cases this one went fast.

As far as a right to a speedy trial thats up to the defendent and no one else.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

It was really fast when you compare strictly to other high profile cases. Look how long it took OJ or Casy Anthony to go to trial. One of the defense attorneys said right after the verdict that they didn't receive all of the evidence until right before trial.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
After these guys screw this up he will then ask for another trial based on stupid lawyers who took a 'no win" case. I mean if these guys look so bad doing this appeal it might be a second reprieve for a trial. I don't think they will let him out even if he gets a new trial.

And another question is, where could you find a jury to seat to hear the case that is not impartial?

I think this is funny but at least he is not out on bail and he can start thinking about his long sentence...

and the last question is ..

Will Sandusky be silenced before he speaks about co-predators or will they kill him first?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Well he is alrady on suicide watch so....

As for a retrial its a possibility however its not the fault of his defense team. It would fall squarely on the shoulders of the trial judge who denied their request.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

It would be interesting to know how fast the court docket moved on other cases.

I think someone will slip him a wheel gun with one round in it and tell him to make it count,
but that's just my take on it

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
"too quick" thats what the lil boys said about him..............................sorry sick joke couldnt help it ,like Sandusky, Just had to do it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This is actually not a Constitutional issue in the ways of a "speedy trial". One also has the right to a Defense against charges. Fact is, before this trial even started, the lawyers for Sandusky asked for more time in order to prepare a defense and the Judge denied them that opportunity. This is grounds for appeal depending on the circumstances.

The man had like 52 charges against him. Numerous witnesses. If the Defense was not given adequate time to go through the entire prosecution case and question witnesses, this appeal just may work. Personally I think Sandusky did it and I hope he died in prison for what he has done, even still the man does deserve a fair trial.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
it did go quick. i was surprised at how fast it went. i'm sure he did it.... all of it. he may get his appeal but he'll lose again and it's possible more will be added. he's stupid to appeal it. there's no WAY a second trial would go well for him.
edit on 25-6-2012 by pasiphae because: typo

new topics

top topics

join