It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Stage is Set for Vice Presidential Debate

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Fox = Baseball?

I told you that News Corp holdings appeal to niche markets

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This debate is like debating who came in second at the Indy 500. It means nothing to me. The Vice President has his or her own policy when the crap hits the fan. IMO it means nothing because unless the big guy gets wacked then who cares? Not trying to be cranky here, just questioning.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
This debate is like debating who came in second at the Indy 500. It means nothing to me. The Vice President has his or her own policy when the crap hits the fan. IMO it means nothing because unless the big guy gets wacked then who cares? Not trying to be cranky here, just questioning.

True...and Cheney has even admitted he has alternate views on several issues, including gay marriage...but I think it is important to seperate and compare, b/c who truly knows when that time will come when they have to step in?! And if you know where they stand on certain issues, you'll be better prepared for the potential outcome...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
Hrm..
ABC->VP Debate
NBC->VP Debate
CBS->VP Debate
PBS->VP Debate
Fox->Baseball???

Did you fail to note that FOX has a news channel? Did you know that FOX Entertainment and FOX News are two separate entities? Why would FOX Entertainment run the debate?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Grady: Presidential debate winner: Kerry
VP debate winner: Edwards
Next presidential debate: Kerry
Last Presidential debate: Kerry

I guess your posts dont have much impact

Yes, Im psychic.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Personally, I think Kerry and Edwards are superfluous. The course of this nation cannot substantively change regardless of who is in office. We can no longer ignore the threat of terrorism and only react with lawsuits, as in the past.

In reality, Kerry and Edwards can only argue the strategy of the war not its prosecution. Maybe it was a mistake to take on Iraq at the time we did, but eventually it would have been necessary because Saddam would have always been a threat to his own people, his region, and ultimately, the United States. Every argument Kerry and Edwards have against the prosecution and strategies of the war are with the aid of 20/20 hindsight. They both agreed with the President when it was time to act, but jumped ship as soon as the going got rough. Does that sound familiar?

With regard to domestic issues, Kerry and Edwards have only the tired old politics of class warfare. They have only promises with no assurance that they can push any legislation through Congress.

What we have here are two pretty boy lawyers in four thousand dollar suits doing their best to sway the voting public with fast talk and whizbang showmanship, when what we really need in times like these are experience and the will to act decisively.

I say stay the course!
On November 2nd, America will get exactly what it deserves.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Whoa! Now this is closer to what I call a debate. These two can say the things that Bush and Kerry are afraid to say.

From my point of view, Cheney chewed up Edwards, and spit him out.
Cheney said many things that I was hoping Bush would have said in the first Presidential debate. Edwards also said some things that I was surprised that Kerry didn't say in the first Presidential debate either.

With so many foreigners on ATS, I'm surprised that U.S. elections are the only ones talked about...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Did I address these issues with you? Did I miss something? I don't seek to change the world, only to inflluence one small part of it. If even one person can look back on my words and see the logic and truth, then my efforts will have been more than worthwhile.

[edit on 04/10/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Did you fail to note that FOX has a news channel? Did you know that FOX Entertainment and FOX News are two separate entities? Why would FOX Entertainment run the debate?

1.)Yes, I am using rabbit ears and not cable.. sorry for not clarifying...
2.)No, I only knew of one.
3.)The question is based on preassumption.

No worries.. Fox is finally airing the debates right now..

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
With so many foreigners on ATS, I'm surprised that U.S. elections are the only ones talked about...

We are the world in microcosm. We are what the world wishes it could be. We are what the world will become in some far off distant future.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON
I think that was one of the bigger disappointments of the debate, how Cheney would not expand on his feelings on gay marriage. I don't believe he even pointed out that he had a gay daughter?

No, because Cheney resisted speaking about the personal lives of him or Edwards; he actually stuck to the issues. Cheney even resisted an open shot the moderator gave him to go after Edwards' experience as a trial lawyer. I give Cheney props for not making it personal.

kix

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   

The course of this nation cannot substantively change regardless of who is in office. We can no longer ignore the threat of terrorism and only react with lawsuits, as in the past.

Ops...first sentence urges you to say "what do I care nothing will change"
The second One urges you to take a stand and Vote.....

Translation: (instructions- insert any impostant topic like Terrorism,healthcare,Inmigration, job security education into the (____xxx_____) space and repeat it aloud.

"What do we care about (__Irak__) regardless of who is in office NOTHING will substantively change"

We can no longer ignore the threat of (__terrorism__) and only react with lawsuits, as in the past.

IMHO Mr. Eduards Owned Chenney (Luke defeated Darth Vader!), but you maybe right Grady, America DESERVES another 4 years of the same.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Seems like Cheney has short term memory problems, or he is just a LIAR.(Bet its the later.)
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Did I address these issues with you? Did I miss something? I don't seek to change the world, only to inflluence one small part of it. If even one person can look back on my words and see the logic and truth, then my efforts will have been more than worthwhile.

[edit on 04/10/5 by GradyPhilpott]
Oh, sorry I trespassed here...gee, does that mean you wont be slapping me around for posts I answer to others?
I hope so.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join