It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chavin Tello Obelisk and The Chavin Code

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I would like to skip all the basic information about this obelisk, the purpose of this thread is to offer a new perspective of this well-known magnificent object. Whoever shares my passion for pre-columbian cultures knows what was the Chavin Culture.

The obelisk is a stone sculpture of 2.52 m, V-cut, carved on all its faces. The monolith contains two lizard-type twin figures, with some different features, giving the perception of two forms of divinity of the opposite sex.

The structure is extremely complex, combining a set of idealized motifs of plants, animals as well as other designs difficult to identify.

The figures recorded in the Chavin Tello Obelisk are considered by many as a system of conventionalized signs, used in the first stages of the Chavin Culture, as elements of a calendar or astronomical code.

Few months ago (March, 2012), in a free conference organized by the Japanese-Peruvian National Planetarium in Peru “Mutsumi I#suka“, located on the premises of the Geophysical Institute Peru (IGP)., the biologist Giuliano Ardito spoke about the astronomical and climatic cycles indicated in the Tello Obelisk.

They analyzed the relationships between the species represented and their environment, that would show a possible link between the reproductive cycle of some plants represented in the Obelisk and astronomical climate cycles in the Andean region.

I find really amazing to discover now the obelisk would be an entire system, able to reveal the behavior of the climate in the Andes to help improve the adaptability of crops to environmental changes. No computers, no sattellites or network involved, just stones

This is also very strong evidence to support the theory that the figures can be signs of other things, represented by elements of nature elevated to divine categories, for example, The feline is the symbol of Viraqocha. a sacred sign with the purpose of communicate ideas concerning the divinity, it would be considered the "Primary Cell" in Chavin art.

I just feel overwhelmed by the complexity of this obelisk. Take in consideration the level of technology needed to create this object.

Now I consider the obelisk a symphony that blends art, religion and science; something unthinkable in our days.

After reading the information offered in this thread, I would like to invite you to watch this short video, no translation needed.

www.youtube.com...

NOTE : Unfortunatelly, all links provided are in Spanish. Don’t blame me for that, blame it to a worldwide lack of interest in this topics and a biased mass media.

www.amautacunadehistoria.com...

www.delange.org...

www.arqueologiadelperu.com.ar...

www.cybertesis.edu.pe...

www.historiacultural.com...

www.generaccion.com...

www.elperuano.pe...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Could just be street signs or milestones of some sort....

ok. prob not.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
reply to post by Trueman

Could just be street signs or milestones of some sort....

ok. prob not.

Haha...street signs !....that's a good one

Now, seriously....the obelisk signs are definitely part of a code, as far as I understood. Not an alphabet. For example, a the face have a meaning, but the meaning of that sign would be modified by the expression of the face. The direction the eyes are looking or the orientation of the sign will give a whole message instead of the original basic concept of the sign. Besides that, we must consider the position of the sun and the shadow projected in an specific part of the object, remember that is how it used to work when the obelisk was on its original position.
edit on 23-6-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Good ol' Hans, thanks for that link brother.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

My pleasure, thanks for putting this up I had read about another stele from that site but not this particularly one. You might want to mention the other ones too

There was a conference on this in Dumbarton Oaks, 8th to 10th October 1982. They put out a report on this site

Early ceremonial architecture in the Andes, if you could find that it would give you some good background, on page 249.
edit on 23/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

There are lots of small mentions of the obelisk, I'll put a few here

Chavin

Tello
edit on 23/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Sure, there are 3 in total (that I know), including this one. The other 2 are The Raimondi Stele and the "Lanzon" Chavin. I beleive each one deserves its own thread due their complexity, but you are right and they must be mentioned too. Thanks for point it.

It's good to see you here again my friend, raising the bar in ATS.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
How this thread didn't get any more attention I have no clue.

S&F. for interesting brain candy.

top topics

join