It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFO's Are Not Visiting Planet Earth.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
Imagine the scenario. Alien beings from the far flung depths of space, travel for trillions of miles to reach Planet Earth. When they arrive here what do they do? They fly around in our atmosphere, in their brighly lit space craft. They don't land and make themselves known to the locals. They don't land and make themselves known to the wider world.

In the Middle Ages, European explorers traveled the high seas to discover new worlds. The likes of Cook, Drake, Magellan, Columbus etc found these new worlds. What did they do when they arrived? They went ashore and made themselves known to the natives. They certainly didn't just "Float Around" on the sea and keep a safe distance. The Natives would have found these European strangers most "Alien" to themselves

So ET travelling the vast distance of space and "Floating Around" above The Earth. Come on, it's not on is it?

Do you jump out of your safe vehicle when you get to the bad part of town? Even Buzz and Neil waited a while to exit to the surface of the moon.

I also dont see why there couldnt be a spacefaring race that doesnt have faster then light travel. They might have advanced technology but maybe their visit was a one time thing because they already left a long time ago and cant instantly warp anywhere in the universe like they obviously should be able to.

If they exist, it doesnt mean they would have to stay in permanent contact either. Its very possible that they already had all the contact with earth that they want or need.

Once humans can travel between solar systems we probably wont tap each one out before we go to another, we would probably use the resources close to the surface and if it wasnt a permanent location we would just move on. Like a refueling stop.

Also they dont have to have lifespans like ours, maybe they can survive long enough for interstellar travel at speeds around ours or less.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It makes perfect sense to hover around up there and not make contact from an invasion standpoint. Fly around and study strengths and weaknesses...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The Bob White Object
ufoevidence.conforums.com...

Very interesting indeed.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
lol to the OP... start by explaining every single UFO video out there then, including eye witness testimony. I'll catcp up with you in 92 years and you can then tell me you were wrong.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Why not? We do the same - there are quite a few satellites hovering around pretty much every planet in our Solar System, sent by Earth. If an alien was living on one of these planets and saw a bright, shiny thing floating in the sky, they too would think it's a "UFO", wouldn't they?

So, anyway my point is that WE send objects to planets to merely hover in the sky, taking photos, videos, data, etc. Why wouldn't another civilisation?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

They'd only get eaten if they landed in Miami. lol

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
We can imagine thousands cenarios..

We dont know if they really even exist, i mean what if they are all man made... just some experiment.. or preparing.

Or if really are, but what if they are demons, and what if Christianity is right... here we go

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I could go into so much territory over the common sense (and lack of it) when pointing out that aliens "do not exist", or that what we call aliens are not what people think they are, and that this whole thing smacks of incomplete Logical deductive reasoning based on "physical evidence" not pretentious and self glorifying hypotheticals which are devoid of physical evidence (just a really good "what if")

But what would be the point?...

One could go into the factoring of relativistic scenarios, which can be used to both prove and disprove ones hypothetical depending on what one is attempting to convince another of, without any proof to back it up, but that too is another dead horse beaten into the ground long ago by now..

We have to look beyond petty squabbling we are doing, and accept the fact that without "physical proof" verified by independent parties, and repeatable by all who attempt to verify the data, we simply have no "proof"..

Only stories told as truth by another, only evidence left with a large open forum as to it's original intent, like someone writing a letter on a stone, and then letting a child etch a picture upon the same stone, one later in history would easily mistake this for some form of writing..

The same with what people are calling evidence, there is "way" too much room for invalidation even upon the first run..

So "IF" aliens existed, if cultures of old were of higher technologies, "WHY!" do none of them show simple technological tools, that would validate the means to construct ancient structures, and if aliens helped, if they were/are real, then "where--is--the--proof" that science demands by it's very nature, which is to "present" (not produce) evidence for investigators to evaluate for comparison studies?..

There is none...

Then by simple elimination, there is no such thing as aliens, until "truly" proven otherwise...

If this goal has been to keep us divided and self conquered by TPTB, is that we really stop using physical reality as the measuring stick for what society can claim to be real, then it has worked admirably in their favor..

"Scientifically" by virtue of what science is expected to do and represent (which is raw physical evidence), there can be no such thing as aliens.. all that then becomes theories and primarily hypotheticals..

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I hate to say it but you're reasoning is quite rudimentary and leaves out the possiblility of many variables.. including your equating the mind of 16th century explorers from Europe with interstellar or possibly intergalactic beings. I don't think the two could be any different in comparison.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

i know sadly a lot of people dont believe we already have contact to et and can aks for reasons why they are not landing...
but damn: WE HAVE CONTACT! All the answers are here.

and i will say that again and again. I can understand that it is hard for you sceptics to accept this at is ..but i swear by everything..this is real

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

I bloke sitting there, putting on a funny voice is not evidence.
I think these people are a joke. Why is it the same old rubbish
they say? If they were really in contact with zeem from the planet
zooom, why dosnt the channeler ask for information that could
be classed as evidence, like a maths formula for something we don't
know.

Im afraid these are some of the people that make this
subject a joke, and gives fuel to the fire for people like
the OP.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the gullible, vulnerable people these eedjits prey on.
edit on 25-6-2012 by jamdan because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2012 by jamdan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PMNOrlando
reply to post by VoidHawk

They'd only get eaten if they landed in Miami. lol

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

To answer some of the questions that have been raised.

As i said i don't run away from a discussion. Unlike some i don't spend my life sitting at my PC. I have other things in my life.

Yes some astronauts have said they believe ET is visiting Earth. Some don't. Here is an example:-

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Yes we are sending space craft to other planets and not making contact with any one on the planet. The reason for that is there is no one to make contact with. Also those craft do not just orbit the planet, they go onto the surface i.e Mars Rover.

I have done research into the subject of UFO's and ET. There is not one convincing piece of evidence that ET is visiting us. I have never seen a clear photograph or Video that says "Hey this is not from our planet"

Yes Airline pilots have stated they have seen UFO's. Funny how no passengers have come off those aircraft with stories, photographs and video of these supposedly sightings.

There are natural phenomenons that can account for UFO sighting, amongst them meteors, cloud formations etc.

In ET had visit Earth in our past history why did they leave nothing for humans to have as a record of this?
If ET had visited Earth in it's past history and left us knowledge then civilisation would have evolved must faster than it did.

Flying saucers depicted in paintings. Come on.

I challenge you to give me a link to a photograph or video of an ET craft that beyond any doubt is not of this Earth.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
alldaylong

To answer some of the questions that have been raised. As i said i don't run away from a discussion. Unlike some i don't spend my life sitting at my PC. I have other things in my life. Yes some astronauts have said they believe ET is visiting Earth. Some don't. Here is an example:- www.huffingtonpost.com... Yes we are sending space craft to other planets and not making contact with any one on the planet. The reason for that is there is no one to make contact with. Also those craft do not just orbit the planet, they go onto the surface i.e Mars Rover. I have done research into the subject of UFO's and ET. There is not one convincing piece of evidence that ET is visiting us. I have never seen a clear photograph or Video that says "Hey this is not from our planet" Yes Airline pilots have stated they have seen UFO's. Funny how no passengers have come off those aircraft with stories, photographs and video of these supposedly sightings. There are natural phenomenons that can account for UFO sighting, amongst them meteors, cloud formations etc. In ET had visit Earth in our past history why did they leave nothing for humans to have as a record of this? If ET had visited Earth in it's past history and left us knowledge then civilisation would have evolved must faster than it did. Flying saucers depicted in paintings. Come on. I challenge you to give me a link to a photograph or video of an ET craft that beyond any doubt is not of this Earth.

My God! Its like talking to a brick wall! Where have i stated that ufos are ET? Please find a post where i have written these words, and i will admit i am wrong!

I am not much for when it comes to the nasa footage. Story musgrave has footage bhe took that remains unexplained to this day, and there a a few other sightings from astronauts that remain unexplained, but that does not mean i believe them to be ET.

You talk about pilots seeing ufos, but none of the passengers. This proves that you have not looked into the subject because a few cases involve pilots and passengers, also radar hits, so thats not easly explained.

Ok, lets do this case by case.

Lets start with Coyne Helicopter / UFO Incident. As i know you have not even heard of this case, i will give you a little while to research it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I just had a read up on that Coyne Helicopter "Incident"
The "craft" had a "Red and Green Light"
Are those not the light colours for Aircraft navigation lights?
It's reports like this that do the UFO reports no good at all.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
With all the germs, radiation, pollution down here the aliens immune systems are probably regulated by their technology. I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to get out for long periods. But take into account the witness stories. People in their homes seeing crafts land and being kidnapped or vaporized or whatever.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
the op is trolling us...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by kauskau

I bloke sitting there, putting on a funny voice is not evidence.
I think these people are a joke. Why is it the same old rubbish
they say? If they were really in contact with zeem from the planet
zooom, why dosnt the channeler ask for information that could
be classed as evidence, like a maths formula for something we don't
know.

Im afraid these are some of the people that make this
subject a joke, and gives fuel to the fire for people like
the OP.

I'm serious.. Show us some evidence that's not "a joke"

I'm not trolling you or trying to be a jerk. I have to date never seen any UFO evidence that would indicate there are aliens. I know you are going to counter by saying "I didn't equate UFO with ET!" but you made a lot of statements in this thread that indicate you believe in ET. You may not have come out and said it plainly, but the inference is there many times.

So really, please.. Instead of arguing over and over why don't you post links to some reputable sources that would show us clearly that a UFO is something other than an unidentified man-made object.

So far this thread has links to hoaxers, poor resolution images of alleged alien artifacts, and a bunch of speculation.. But nothing that could be properly labeled as evidence.

I find it sad that if you refuse to believe in obvious SCAMS you are labeled "close-minded" on ATS. So being able to sort through the rubbish information makes you close-minded? What a shame.

This is your chance to present some, please do. I absolutely will review it if it exists.

edit on 25-6-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Your statement that "pilots may have seen UFO's but passengers have not" is totally wrong. In 1995 there was a "near miss" incident involving a British Airways 737 on its approach to Manchester Airport, unusually it was reported by the pilot and co-pilot upon landing and the reason it was reported was because a number of passengers had seen the object fly past the plane, it was so close that the pilot and passenger ducked to avoid impact.

British Airways had always told their staff not to reveal any thing unusual they encountered because they did not want their staff to get the reputation of seeing UFO's as the topic was and still is classed as a joke. They had to report in this insistence because it was a near miss and because the object had been seen by passengers.

I worked at the Airport when this sighting took place and it was common knowledge that aircrew saw things they could not explain all the time but no one ever disclosed anything for fear of ridicule.

Passengers rarely spend the whole flight looking out of windows and if they do they have a very limited view from a small window, pilots on the other hand have a large panoramic window which affords them a much better view. It shows a total ignorance of how Airlines operate, the mechanics of Aircraft and the climate in which aircrew operate to make such a sweeping statement as "passengers never see UFO's", a couple of minutes on Google will give thousands of sightings (including photographs) that have been made by passengers.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join