It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFO's Are Not Visiting Planet Earth.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

You haven't heard - or read in-depth - about Ted Owens, have you?
Well, if you're interested in this sort of subject enough to post about it, then you absolutely should read about him.

ETA: Here's an old post that speaks about him. It also shows how little even some moderators know about this subject...

edit on 24-6-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
You spoke about ufos visiting nuclear test sites and other nuclear facilities, there could be a reason for that specifically, maybe nuclear power is a valid means of long distance space travel, think of out like this a nuclear facility is essentially a steam engine where water is vaporized into steam pressured through pipes to a centrifugal generator using that steam to spin that generator to create electricity, now, what if those steam pipes were used as exhaust pipes on some type of space craft, the resulting pressure from the steam pipes being evacuated into the vaccuum of space would create a significant degree of propulsion sending the ”spaceship” forward at an incredible velocity, what if the visitation to those sites is kind of like star trek first contact where they see that we are on the verge of achieving a valid form of space travel and they want to check us out before they make some type of official first contact reply to post by fleabit

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
What makes you think they want to talk to us? We are primitives compared to a culture capable of deep space travel. Would you journey up the Amazon to chat with spear wielding savages? Of course not because you could not have any meaningful data exchange and its the same for us and them. Probably an anti-interferance pact going on as well, to see what we can become 'on our own'. It's not like they haven't got a sense of humour, all those encounters when no one has got a camera and can't prove a thing? They can probably detect what we are carrying and map out a path whereby any protocol wont be breached and make us look like idiots when an encounter is blabbed about.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm not and cant prove whether alien's exist or have visited us.
but a point i'd like to try to make is;

say you walked by a building and you heard strange noises or people calling for help coming from inside.
would you just burst in, demanding to know whats going on?
stop for a moment, before carring on with what you where doing?
carefully investigate, sneak up have a look through the windows to get a better idea of whats going on?

Just some thoughts that i think could be applied here.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan

Why not? Sometimes I'll hover over a fire ant nest and pick some off for fun.

It doesn't mean I'm always going to get the RAID.

I have to tell you this made me lmfao....

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
Imagine the scenario. Alien beings from the far flung depths of space, travel for trillions of miles to reach Planet Earth. When they arrive here what do they do? They fly around in our atmosphere, in their brighly lit space craft. They don't land and make themselves known to the locals. They don't land and make themselves known to the wider world.

In the Middle Ages, European explorers traveled the high seas to discover new worlds. The likes of Cook, Drake, Magellan, Columbus etc found these new worlds. What did they do when they arrived? They went ashore and made themselves known to the natives. They certainly didn't just "Float Around" on the sea and keep a safe distance. The Natives would have found these European strangers most "Alien" to themselves

So ET travelling the vast distance of space and "Floating Around" above The Earth. Come on, it's not on is it?

Very good! You recognize in some unconnected fashion the difference between the way humans do things: explore, rape, pillage and conquer and the methodologies of visiting ETs.

Might I suggest in a very limited way that your spend some time thinking about the egomanical ravaging of strange lands and people by the typical human adventurer versus the typical human religious missionary. Not to take too strongly with that characterization because even religious missionaries are egotistically bound to their task. The sole point mentioning of human missionaries at work doing relatively nice things is the closest comparison I can mention to your mindset that shows there are alternative views on your thread.

Imagine a very advanced race of beings that have no wants or needs from the colony of beings they are studying. They have no desire for gold, slaves or raw materials or even one-to-one discourses with the locals. Just perhaps, they come to offer minor suggestions and warnings to the untutored below. Of course, they would be extremely carefully to not disrupt the status quo too much with their arrival but engage the beings just enough to ensure that they continue to survive and veer away from self-distructive actions some of them seem bent on fulfilling.

edit on 24-6-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

someone please explain the purpose of digging up a metal, melting it, and then putting it back underground in bunkers.

Gold is good. Questions are bad. ...

...Yes, confirmed, this one is asking questions, let's take care of this.....

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This whole thread is full of people saying "you assume too much"

The entire idea of aliens is based on assumption and speculation.

There is no evidence of aliens, no UFO footage that demonstrates their existence, no real scientific evidence for the ancient alien theory...

So hello pot, thanks for calling the kettle black.

I agree with the OP - why would aliens travel the vastness of space to show up at Earth and do nothing? It makes no sense. I'm sure someone here with a lot of "research" into "aliens" can tell us exactly why.. Some on ATS can even tell you the different factions of aliens, the different spacecraft they use, etc.. Can one of these people who base their "knowledge" of aliens on speculation and circumstancial evidence please shed some light on this? Why do the aliens just fly around and never say hi?
edit on 24-6-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Although I believe in the 'possibility' of alien visitation I believe it's unlikely that they've actually been here, I do also believe alien life exists elsewhere in the universe. Saying that, if they were visiting no one can presume their intentions as their minds are 'alien' to ours and they'd probably think in a totally different dimension to us. For all we know there might be aliens that are envious of what we call humour, what species wouldn't want humour in their range of emotions whether they think in a different way to us or not? They might be trying to find the secret of humour for all we know.
edit on 24-6-2012 by 0rbital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

I agree with you maybe they don't want to be known yet and freak everyone out. Besides if the military tries to shoot them down they have to retaliate by causing malfunction to plains equipment etc.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I must say I agree, if they have the tech for interstellar travel, then they have the means to "watch" us from where ever they are. I mean are they gonna come here, from the far edges of space, and draw a damn picture in a wheat field? And a cryptic picture at that! I mean come on that's how their gonna make contact? Get real.

If they do exist, then what are they afraid of? Obviously their tech is far more advanced than anything we have. So IMHO their a non existant tool of TPTB, to keep us looking up, as all around us erodes away. Plus if they have been catching our tv signals since we invented T.V. we've dumbed them back to second grade!!

If they exist, one day we will know. If they don't then 300 years from now our future generations will be doing the same thing we are doing right now. Speculating & looking up.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
From another current thread on a related topic:

The empirical data related to a particular subset of UFO reports suggests that apparently intelligently-controlled manufactured objects are being seen that display characteristics not replicable by human technology. I would never claim the ETH is a fact.[...]It's a rational hypothesis.

thread
edit on 24-6-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have NEVER seen any photo evidence that is the least bit convincing of ETUFOs, quite the opposite, people gush over things that simply are not there.

I believe in ancient ETUFOs, but like I said, no photographs is a problem.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

What if they were just passing thru and were like "Hey! There's life down there!" They buzz through and realize wtf have these ppl done to this planet. Then bugger off. OR Just cuz you don't know we have not been visited does not mean we have not been visited.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
lawl OP, UFO meaning unidentified object, no matter what it is means exactly that and some have been reported, saying that UFOs do not exist - ok say ET visit does not exist without proof but saying UFOs do not exist and people are just hallucinating - that's nonsense to post

Also Troy was just a myth, there were some creatures animals that Native Americans were shooting with arrows in a cave in Nevada - guess what they found, these 'red hair giants' hair, arrows, bones, the fight of David with Goliath - there has been also real proof about at least some that may have happened and it is not just a myth,

No evidence of alien visitations but err something does happen, whatever it is, not all is 'just a myth' on the other hand, there could be evidence because USAF proved 100% they are hiding a big secret.. so who really knows.. some guy you quote that has never been into any secrecy, he can tell you nothing.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I wonder where our resident "Alien from Andromeda" with his 10 or so 2km large mother ships are in orbit above Texas is to talk about this subject... I assume he has a rather "enlightening" take on all this...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Lol, your "theory" is so flawed in so many ways. You're assuming these beings are even humanoid-ish. Their minds could work on a whole different plane of reality than ours. They could be genetically manipulating us, they could be trying to find the human soul, they could be trying to revive their race, so many things that would require secrecy as to not stir up the guinea pigs youre using.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You don't have to assume aliens are real, mathematics are quite real. Think about it this way, the Universe is vast, possibly even infinite. That allows for an infinite possibility of galaxies, star systems, planets and moons. Now do you honestly believe that there is the one in infinity chance, yet we truly are the only ones? Expand your logic, bro.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
This whole thread is full of people saying "you assume too much"

The entire idea of aliens is based on assumption and speculation.

There is no evidence of aliens, no UFO footage that demonstrates their existence, no real scientific evidence for the ancient alien theory...

So hello pot, thanks for calling the kettle black.

I agree with the OP - why would aliens travel the vastness of space to show up at Earth and do nothing? It makes no sense. I'm sure someone here with a lot of "research" into "aliens" can tell us exactly why.. Some on ATS can even tell you the different factions of aliens, the different spacecraft they use, etc.. Can one of these people who base their "knowledge" of aliens on speculation and circumstancial evidence please shed some light on this? Why do the aliens just fly around and never say hi?
edit on 24-6-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

Its not the fact that he does not believe that ET is visiting earth. Its the fact that he has shown that he knows nothing about the ufo subject. How can anyone clainm that all ufo sightings are from druggies and drunks, when he has not even looked into these cases.

And to say that there is no evidence that some ufos are completly unknown and defy explanation is just plain ignorant. We have radar evidence, militery and pilot testimony. We also have cases where ufos were tracked on radar while being viewed by pilots. So, to say there is no evidence that some ufos defy explanation is rather a stupid thing to say.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If "Aliens" have physical mass they will require some sort of power source to propel then slow their "vehicle" over the massive distances between solar systems.

Does anyone really believe that this power source is so plentifull that they would arrive with altruistic intentions??

There can be only 3 possible scenarios IMO:

Aliens visiting earth dont have mass or exist on an adjacent dimension
Aliens have a power source that is so plentifull it justifies interstellar sight seeing and would not be of value for any other endevour
Aliens justify the "cost " of their powersource by pillaging/occupying planets they visit.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join