It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFO's Are Not Visiting Planet Earth.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Alien ships
You think they came here to come to Earth. What if they didn't? What if they are just travelling the Universe looking for something specific and happened upon Earth and took interest in it?
What if they want to eat us?
What if they are planning our destruction?
Maybe they just want to watch us?
Maybe they are cryogenically frozen and their ships are programmed to monitor life in a specific radius, and they just happened to pass Earth.

Anything is possible, and we do not know why or what they may be here for.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

I don't think we have enough information to ascertain how they would travel. Worm hole technology and bending space would shorten distances dramatically. This is IF they come from a different solar system. Perhaps they are time travelers. Us, millions of years into the future, coming to our time to stop an event that forces us underground. (Over time our body adapts and we end up looking like a traditional ET.) Or perhaps their demonic of origin.

Perhaps the ancient astronaut theory is correct and they are watching over their children. Perhaps they are responsible for us and making sure we don't destroy the planet.

Maybe when we went to the moon, we found out someone already lived there, and were told not to come back. I don't really know if any of these theories are correct. However, I am unsure as to how an alien race from outside our solar system is suppose to think like us. It is highly more likely they would not, I'd think.

Of course, in order to manipulate technology and science, they'd have at least had to develop to where they had hands to build. Legs to lift. Physicality to work with materials. So perhaps they would be much more like us than would be expected. We are all made up of the same star stuff anyways.

~ Serra
edit on 23-6-2012 by Serraphina because: forgot

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

Originally posted by Infi8nity

You assume way to much. Maybe they have known about this planet longer then we knew we wear living on a planet.

You assume as much as i. To say they have "Known about this planet" you assume they are real.

So you telling me that you do not think that extra terrestrial life exist within the vast amount of space that the universe is? A planet lives, a star lives, alien life is proven.
edit on 23-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

I havn't told you that Alien life does'nt exist have i? I have said it's just not visiting Earth. Show me an Alien and i will say i am wrong. I can't be more fair than that can i?

You have shown me no evidence that they are not visiting the earth. While we have records dating back 10000 years ago of entity's coming down on ships from the sky. You mentioned Christopher Columbus he wrote about seeing a large saucer shaped disk that flew out of the ocean and into the sky. We have paintings from the 1400's depicting saucer craft. We have Indian records of extra terrestrials waging wars in the sky and describing nucular bombs and the radiation effects. Its all of the world, the same story's, threw out different religions, the same entity's and representations of the "Gods".

I am amusing you have not looked into this before you made up your mind. Maybe you watched a documentary, thats not enough to make a valid conclusion.

Your whole argument is that Aliens would have no reason to visit earth but you cannot speculate on reasons why because you are not of a Alien race that would need to visit earth. At least I have some tangible evidence to support my claims. You only have assumptions, you assume all intelligent life would think like a human.

Imagine a race witch has been civilized for billions of years. The amount of knowledge they would hold is unconscionable to us. The technology they posses would seem unreal. They would probably know every thing their is to know about the universe because they have been around for so long.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You assume way to much. Maybe they have known about this planet longer then we knew we wear living on a planet.

You assume as much as i. To say they have "Known about this planet" you assume they are real.

So you telling me that you do not think that extra terrestrial life exist within the vast amount of space that the universe is? A planet lives, a star lives, alien life is proven.

I havn't told you that Alien life does'nt exist have i? I have said it's just not visiting Earth. Show me an Alien and i will say i am wrong. I can't be more fair than that can i?

You have shown me no evidence that they are not visiting the earth. While we have records dating back 10000 years ago of entity's coming down on ships from the sky. You mentioned Christopher Columbus he wrote about seeing a large saucer shaped disk that flew out of the ocean and into the sky. We have paintings from the 1400's depicting saucer craft. We have Indian records of extra terrestrials waging wars in the sky and describing nucular bombs and the radiation effects. Its all of the world, the same story's, threw out different religions, the same entity's and representations of the "Gods".

I am amusing you have not looked into this before you made up your mind. Maybe you watched a documentary, thats not enough to make a valid conclusion.

Your whole argument is that Aliens would have no reason to visit earth but you cannot speculate on reasons why because you are not of a Alien race that would need to visit earth. At least I have some tangible evidence to support my claims. You only have assumptions, you assume all intelligent life would think like a human.

We have stories of :-

The Loch Ness Monster
Big Foot
The Abominable Snowman

Like UFO's they are just stories without proof.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Your post is 100% opionion and and no bases to write off of this thread. Try again. Please look at the facst and the evidence instead of your own speculation.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bernierhome

Your post is 100% opionion and and no bases to write off of this thread. Try again. Please look at the facst and the evidence instead of your own speculation.

My opinion is just as valid as yours. Without 100% proof that Aliens are visiting Earth you have nothing. Or have you meet ET?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Imagine the scenario. Alien beings from the far flung depths of space, travel for trillions of miles to reach Planet Earth. When they arrive here what do they do? They fly around in our atmosphere, in their brighly lit space craft. They don't land and make themselves known to the locals. They don't land and make themselves known to the wider world.

In the Middle Ages, European explorers traveled the high seas to discover new worlds. The likes of Cook, Drake, Magellan, Columbus etc found these new worlds. What did they do when they arrived? They went ashore and made themselves known to the natives. They certainly didn't just "Float Around" on the sea and keep a safe distance. The Natives would have found these European strangers most "Alien" to themselves

So ET travelling the vast distance of space and "Floating Around" above The Earth. Come on, it's not on is it?

Oh great! Another human that believes that ET would/should
think like us. And another human who believes that what we
know about space, physics, and space travel means that no
other kind of space travel is possible. God, we are such a primitive
race, and we think we know everything!

How do you know that other forms of space travel dont exist?
How do you know that ET would think like us?

Physic theories ate changing all the time, we have only scratched
the service of what might be possible.

If there is an ET race,say a million years ahead of us ( we are are young galaxy)
Chaces are, they would have technology that we cant even imagine.

At the end of the day, we are still a primitive race.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

How do "You Know" we are a primitive race? For all we know we could be the most advanced planet in the Universe. Unless you have proof we are not/

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The Loch Ness Monster 
Big Foot 
The Abominable Snowman 

Oh, here we go again. How many times do random people post
on ATS saying how ufos are not real? And when you start to question
them about the subject, it becomes clear they know nothing about it!

To say ufos are not real, well, that statement just goes to show how
little you know about the subject

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The Loch Ness Monster
Big Foot
The Abominable Snowman

Big foot has nothing to do with what we are talking about
Typical tv brain washed response.
Big foot does not have HUGE megalithic buildings all threw out the world... you know what screw it.
This last post just showed me you do not want to know truth. You do not even want to speculate. You made up your mind before you researched the topic.
Big foot ptfff

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It’s very simple and logical, why would they visit earth knowing how racist it is down here, especially the United States and its people.

Can you imagine a green, purple or yellow alien actually landing in the USA? I mean lets get real, the USA are scared and paranoid of every little tiny thing on this earth. They would not welcome them with open arms and that is the reason why aliens will probably never visit this earth…it’s to racist and dumb and literally pointless to visit such primitive cave acting people.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

My opinion is just as valid as yours. Without 100% proof that Aliens are visiting Earth you have nothing. Or have you meet ET?

Unlike bigfoot, the loch ness monster, etc,, there is a great deal more eyewitness testimony, video and pictures of UFOs. And it all depends on what you consider proof. If you are waiting to shake ET's hand before you believe, that's fine. But it doesn't mean you are right, either.

At what point is there enough strong but not conclusive evidence of UFOs before you believe? Sounds like for you, never. But for me, there is enough strong evidence of repeated encounters that points to something that did not originate here.

As for why, who knows - it's an alien mind, could be any reason they don't come down and shake our hands. Or it could be as simple as it's not allowed - their advanced technology in the hands of a clearly warlike species wouldn't be a good idea. Keep in mind Roswell occurred not only near the time, but also near the location of our first nuclear test. And afterwards, there was a great increase in sightings. And also, there have been reports of UFO activity at missile tests, nuclear facilities, etc. Keeping an eye on a species with a penchant for war and weapons, who are also starting to venture into space might be a good idea, no?

But this seems like a regular thing now. Every month, a new "aliens haven't shaken my hand so they don't exist" thread seems to pop up. hmm.

link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

The Loch Ness Monster 
Big Foot 
The Abominable Snowman 

Oh, here we go again. How many times do random people post
on ATS saying how ufos are not real? And when you start to question
them about the subject, it becomes clear they know nothing about it!

To say ufos are not real, well, that statement just goes to show how
little you know about the subject

You have been aboard a UFO then? For you to say they are real you must have. So come on tell me your story and convince me. After all i know as much about the subject as you do, unless you have been in contact (Which i doubt very much)

link   

How do "You Know" we are a primitive race? For all we know we could be the most advanced planet in the Universe. Unless you have proof we are not/

Even if we are, which is not likely considering we are
a baby galaxy, we are still primitive. We still deal in
tribal warfare, we still have a mentality of " my country
is better than years" we still spend trillions a year on
making weapons to kill our fellow humans.

That sounds primitive to me!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Unlike bigfoot, the loch ness monster, etc,, there is a great deal more eyewitness testimony, video and pictures of UFOs. And it all depends on what you consider proof. If you are waiting to shake ET's hand before you believe, that's fine. But it doesn't mean you are right, either.

At what point is there enough strong but not conclusive evidence of UFOs before you believe? Sounds like for you, never. But for me, there is enough strong evidence of repeated encounters that points to something that did not originate here.

As for why, who knows - it's an alien mind, could be any reason they don't come down and shake our hands. Or it could be as simple as it's not allowed - their advanced technology in the hands of a clearly warlike species wouldn't be a good idea. Keep in mind Roswell occurred not only near the time, but also near the location of our first nuclear test. And afterwards, there was a great increase in sightings. And also, there have been reports of UFO activity at missile tests, nuclear facilities, etc. Keeping an eye on a species with a penchant for war and weapons, who are also starting to venture into space might be a good idea, no?

But this seems like a regular thing now. Every month, a new "aliens haven't shaken my hand so they don't exist" thread seems to pop up. hmm.

For "Repeated Encounters" read "People with attention seeking personality disorders"

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
[

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Even if we are, which is not likely considering we are
a baby galaxy, we are still primitive. We still deal in
tribal warfare, we still have a mentality of " my country
is better than years" we still spend trillions a year on
making weapons to kill our fellow humans.

That sounds primitive to me!

Yes maybe primitive for Planet Earth. Maybe advanced for the Universe. Just because we are a young galaxy it doesn't mean that life has evolved elsewhere. I think it certainly has, but no one has telephoned us yet to tell us it has.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

For "Repeated Encounters" read "People with attention seeking personality disorders"

I didn't say the same person. Thousands of different people - including respectable folks, and experts in observing aerial phenomena. Not to mention things like radar returns, etc.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You have been aboard a UFO then? For you to say they are real you must have. So come on tell me your story and convince me. After all i know as much about the subject as you do, unless you have been in contact (Which i doubt very much)

LOL
Your lack of understanding the subject is funny, but annoying.
First, do you know what ufo means? It means unidentified flying
object. It does not mean unidentified alien flyibg object! Lol

please, study the ufo subject before you cone on here. Second,
there are many cases that defy explanation. Not just seen by drunks,
wackos etc, as you most prob think. Documented militery sightngs
alone tell you that something strange is flying in our airspace.

What it is, we dont know.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Yes maybe primitive for Planet Earth. Maybe advanced for the Universe. Just because we are a young galaxy it doesn't mean that life has evolved elsewhere. I think it certainly has, but no one has telephoned us yet to tell us it has.

But i never said there are ETS out there more advanced than us. I said
its likely because we are a young galaxy, which makes sense. You are
the one stating, as if you know it as fact.

No one knows, and its just arragont and ignorant to think that you do.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join