It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad and Desperate Video of Being Out-Gunned (Graphic)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This terrorism is in Columbia (FARC). The journalist made it out alive. Many of the soldiers did not.
As someone who has not fought in war, I am amazed by the composure of the soldiers, even as death creeps nearer to them. After so long, it becomes obvious they are on their own. Even when gunships and bombers fly over head it is clear they won't make it. I'd also like to ask opinions of when the officer asks the camera man to grab a rifle and he refuses. They are going to die and it looks like the officer doesn't push the point after asking once. Sad. Hard to watch as it unfolds. Forgive the fact there is a commercial at the beginning.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

The "War on Terror" and the "War on Drugs" is intertwined. I actually think that this is mainly a War on Mafia-type criminal activity.

These are nothing half hearted battles in that war that does nothing but take people lives.

If there is to be a difference I say say take it to the extreme. Make actual war.

From my Great-Great-Great grand daddy.

War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.
William Tecumseh Sherman

It also sounds as if the Col. has sold out and left his men out to die with no support.

edit on 23-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
wow...i visit liveleak pretty often and see some real bad things. This is really hard to watch though. Especially when he was just speaking about his family moments before he's killed. That was rough.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Powerful stuff, but for being in combat I noticed they weren't shooting back very much.As for the journalist, he made a good decision...he lived. I guess its like being a medic- your only required to carry a sidearm for personal protection not nessicarily return fire?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Selling drugs is the only way these people can survive, waging war on them is crazy. Trying to keep profits(power) out of the hands of "terrorist"? Then make the drug legal. Why is the US giving them supply's?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

This is just a friendly correction (wouldn't wanna look like a prick now do I? lol). The FARC is the "military" arm of the Columbian Narco-Cartel. Don't get all all suckered by the War on Terrorism. They are basically a militarized version of a drug-gang. Terrorism is a huge umbrella term as it is defined as an individual or group of individuals that use force or subversion (or both) to undermine the political establishment. Kind of a broad term eh?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
marxist??? lol,, never heard a marxist say " God will protect us "
kinda figures,,usa once again making a mockery of intelligence,,,ohh and the part ,, hey look at all those brand new labs,, lets hit them,,,,,ooooonnnooo oh noo,,, ,, we have intelligence on a 5 yr old dead lab, in the bush,,
would not want too hit the one wide open at the top of a hill,, nope,,
what a joke,,, even the " vets " knew they were being set up,, u can see it on their faces,,

ohh and burning down a poor mans, living,,cant see much hearts and minds in that.
Poor guy basically told him,, hey the Big boys are in the town,,,

discusting.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

As for the opinions you want when the Capt. tells tells the Journalist to grab a weapon. In this case good on him for not doing it.

But the reverse could be true as well. This time he was captured by "honorable men", the next time he may not be, as has been evidenced in Afghanistan.

This reporter walks a fine line. I wonder how he justifies it.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Sad that this happens at all but, where was the suppression fire? I saw the Colombian military loaded and ready to rock and they all hunkered down and called for help. Really a bomber?

I do not think any of this should of gone on but most of that video is of them acting real tough until they met opposition then it was cries for help instead of defending themselves.

I feel as much sympathy for these guys as I do the planes that crashed into the twin towers, which is not much at all.

If you are not going to stand up for yourself meh life is tough.
edit on 23-6-2012 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thanks TDawgRex for the replies; I agree that this is a "skirmish" yet the terror of dying is real. Similar to a drop of special forces getting pinned down. I think there is longer uncut footage where they claim they are running low on ammo thus not shooting back. Regarding the journalist, I agree there is a known "understanding" that a journalist is just that - and I also agree that this time he escaped with his life - who knows the next time - what a horrible spot to be in.

CJ

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Point taken. I Understand who and what the FARC is. They are labelled terrorists. The issue is a good one though, as the word is now ubiquitous with anyone doing somthing someone doesn't like. These men are just like any other men in war - beholden to die for an ideal, however contrived.

CJ

top topics

join